• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Draxler.

Somehow I always forget his name when I think of my dreams, but this guy... he is something special.
He is worth big money, which we could try to offer. I know he signed extension but worth a try.

Buhry

Established Member

^^ Yeah draxler would be an exiting signing and he'll be a star in a year or 2 I think. He has a ton of raw talent. Good pace, powerful shot, good dribler.

I'd much rather spend 20-25 million on him than say 20 million on Bernard who we've also been linked with.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
given the players we've been linked to, the current squad and the current rumors, i think this is the best case/realistic transfer haul for us

in:

higuain - £25m
kondogbia - £8m
konoplyanka - £12m
williams - £10m

out:

gervinho - £7m

i think its unlikely that we will break our transfer record twice, by almost 50%, in the same window. i think its more likely that wenger only adds one significant piece to the starting XI, and also looks to add depth and youth that could blossom over the next few seasons. he appears to be here for the long term, at least the next 4-5 years, so i dont see him buying a bunch of big names for one last season and then leaving.

if we do the above, this would be our first two teams

---------------- sneezy -------------------

- sagna --- mert ------- kos ------ nacho -

------ arteta --------- ramsey -------------

--------------- cazorla --------------------

--- walcott ---- higuain ----- podolski

///////////////////////////////////////////////

---------------- flappy ----------------------

-- jenks -- williams --- vermaelen -- gibbs --

-------- kondogbia --- wilshere -------------

--------------- rosicky ----------------------

---- ox --------- giroud ------ konoplyanka --

our bench for the first team would be really strong:

flappy
williams
gibbs
wilshere
kondogbia
ox
giroud

while that side isnt as good as man city or chelsea on paper, games aren't won or lost on paper. i think that would be a big upgrade on last season's squad. the above also does not include sanogo, eisfeld, or gnarby. we'd have plenty of depth and plenty of exciting young players to watch develop, and the first XI would be well tested. i know that its a gamble relying on ramsey as a starting player, but he showed a lot in the run in, and i think that spot is ultimately wilshere's to win back, or possibly for kondogbia against the tougher teams where we need to set up more defensively.

i dont think fellaini is coming, and as much as id love to see luiz gustavo here, i dont know that we'd necessarily make sense for him and if bayern would sell, even though they have a huge surplus in the middle. he was a role player for bayern last year and is still pretty much an automatic starter for brazil, so its not like he has to worry about losing his place ahead of the world cup next summer.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Sp**s will be delighted if that's the sum of our business, that's for sure.

I see that even the most optimistic(or deluded, depending on your viewpoint) are lowering their expectations now. It's just another depressing window as an Arsenal fan. We get Top 4 but we're constantly giving Sp**s opportunities to displace us by failing to do enough(or selling our best players) and it's gonna be another battle with them next season.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
yea the more realistic option is we spend £100m this summer and sign 4 world class players. im sure that will happen, we should all expect it, and then we can whine like a bunch of stupid *****es on september 2nd when it doesnt happen

yybecause

I think we could spend the same amount of money you said there, but one signing less. That makes those 3 even bigger names, or 2 real class players and maybe one for the depth.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I wouldn't call it a depressing window and still over a month to go no need for pessimism. Alot of players have been cut with more looking like they'll be shifted. There's also been alot of talk of great players that the club are looking at and who knows maybe they've even managed to keep something hidden. To be honest if you were expecting most of the big signings the be done by now then you were always going to be disappointed.

fabo

6.51 / 10
No, but I was expecting something to be done by this stage. And by 'something', I mean a signing with the intention to IMPROVE the first team.

Here we are still in need of signings right down the spine of the side. But Wenger will neglect the GK spot as he has been doing for a good part of the last decade, and he'll probably just give the rubbish Miquel the 4th CB spot. 2 problems solved internally.

GDeep™

League is very weak
A CB is a must now with Vermaelens injury and anyway, Miquel isn't good enough to be 4th choice. A CM too and a quality striker, just to maintain top 4 me.

Need a new GK, quality wide man and another CF on top of those mentioned above to push the 3 above us.

Mid July now, season is weeks away, and nothing, it's getting frustrating.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
LOTS OF TOP TALENT COULD BECOME AVAILABLE, I want:

DEF: Richards, Ginter, Zouma*
MID: Fellaini, Gustavo, Pogba, Schniederlin
WF: Di Maria, Sanchez, Nani, Bernard, Robben, Pedro
ST: Higuain, Rooney, Suarez, Jovetic, Benteke

Not really bothered about a defender if Sagna stays but will take one from each of the other lists. worst case scenario would be schneiderlin, Pedro and Benteke who are an underrated CM with proven pl quality, A European champion and the young player of the year! would cost less than 50m as well, best case scenario is Fellaini, Di Maria and Higuain who are one of europes most dominant midfielders, one of the worlds best wingers and a striker who starts for Argentina total of around 75m - come on Arsène and Ivan pull your fingers out.

Gervinho, Frimpong, CHamakh and Bendtner can go which should get us about 15m and reluctantly i'd sell Giroud or Podolski for 12m

-----------------------------Szczs------------------------------
--Sagna-----------Mertesacker--------Koscielny----------Monreal--
-------------------Fellaini-----------Arteta---------------------
--------Theo-----------------Cazorla-----------------Di Maria-----
-----------------------------Higuain------------------------------

GDeep™

League is very weak
Jenkinson is better than Richards. Micah hasn't kicked on from his younger days, for whatever reason, all physique no brains at times, absolutely shambolic at CB too.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Strongly disagree with Jenks being better, Richards pace make him a decent back up CB for a defensive high line. To be honest I am happy enough with Sagna, Jenks, Bellarin with Sagna making up 4th choice CB

MDGoonah41

Established Member
do business early and not buy uber elite players = failure
try to recruit world class players, its taking longer = failure

no way to win

thedon5

These wishlists need more Honda, he is a very realistic signing and can play on the right and through the middle, we need someone like that. Considering he'll be fairly cheap I have a feeling we could end up going for him later in the window when CSKA buckle.

Higuain
Honda
Zouma
Luiz Gustavo

yybecause

Luiz Gustavo looks like a very realistic target. Bayern suddenly has sooooo many midfielders. Knowing Pep and his love for flair midfielders, Martinez and Bastian is more then enough for defensive mid.

I wasnt impressed with Luiz during Conf Cup, but he would give us something we need

Floating

Established Member
thedon5 said:
These wishlists need more Honda, he is a very realistic signing and can play on the right and through the middle, we need someone like that. Considering he'll be fairly cheap I have a feeling we could end up going for him later in the window when CSKA buckle.

Higuain
Honda
Zouma
Luiz Gustavo

Pretty sure Honda is almost definitely going to AC Milan, if not definitely.

thedon5

They don't seem to want to pay very much at all now, we could outbid them for sure while they wait to get him on a free and I'm certain he'll have no quarrels coming here.

There is no certainly no definitely when you're dealing with a club like CSKA.

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom