• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

entropy13

Established Member
If I were the Arsenal manager...

Sell Reyes for 9m
Sell A. Cole for 23m

Buy Pedretti for 9m + Gilberto
Buy Akinfeev or Ochoa for 2m+Poom
Buy Chivu for 8m + loan Clichy
Buy Bojinov for 6m
Buy Faty for 3m + loan Cygan

and we still have 4m left

4-1-2-1-2

SQUAD

GK: Lehmann, Akinfeev/Ochoa, Almunia
LB: Chivu, Hoyte, Traore
CB: Toure, Senderos, Faty, Djorou
RB: Lauren, Eboue, Hoyte

DM: Pedretti, Flamini, Song

MF: Hleb, Ljungberg, Rosicky, Fabregas, Diaby

FW: Henry, van Persie, Bojinov, Adebayor, Walcott, Aliadiere

-------------------Lehmann----------------------

----Lauren-----Toure-----Senderos-----Chivu----

--------------------Pedretti-----------------------

--Hleb------------------------------Rosicky-----

-------------------Fabregas----------------------

-----------van Persie----Henry-----------------

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Pedretti's not good enough to play the holding role. He's not strong enough for that role. Swap him with M. Diarra and that team works for me.

longrufus

Established Member
But he is 3 times the player.

And i actually really like Pedretti, think he is a very good player. But M.Diarra is simply awesome.

M&T

you are too much into the CM...In the real world, if Reyes and Cole were sold, I'd replace them with Lahm and Ribery. We always have around 3 first-team players injured, so that Franck could fight for a place in the starting eleven. Those two possess the highest level of skills a Gunner must have; versatility, pace, first-touch passes and technique

asajoseph

Established Member
in the real world, Lahm isn't remotely available, and Ribery looks set to stay at Marseille. They're just as unavailable as Mexes and Chivu.

R.V.P_11

ARSENAL DREAM TEAM

----------------- LEHMANN --------------------
-- eboue------toure-------davies----- clichy--
----------------------- gilberto----------------------
------------fabregas-----------sneijder---------
----persie----------------------------------rosicky
-----------------------henry------------------------

I think this team would be capable of doing well in all competitions and would only cost around 16 million

Lord Dula

Established Member
Swap Davies for Senderos or Djourou. Then swap Wes for Hleb and you've got yourself a better team and you've saved yourself £16m.

Jameel46

Established Member
seeing that reyes is about to leave, and ribery has said he wants to stay at marseille, i'd say that porto's winger Quaresma would be a good buy.

oOTruGunNaOo

quaresma ?...he's such an erratic player and he's not even that good !

I'd say we need a solid young defender like Khalid Bouhlarouz

Clarkey

I saw The S*n linked M.Diarra as a target for Aston Villa for £8 million. Yes the S*n are clueless at the best of times, but what the hell are they basing that on? Do they not think Fergie or Wenger would snap him up at that price, or even if he would want to come.

Anyway, enough with the rant, Chivu and M.Diarra would do me fine.

Brick

we all know the new price tag of 48 mil € on Diarra isn't fix, but how much can it be reduced? I doubt they'd give him away for less than 30 mil. Lyon became greedy after managing to sell what now seems a totally average player, Essien for such a sum...
Ribery is much more accessible, he's practically throwing himself into our hands(when he's not, as someone remarkeed, changing his mind about changing his mind about changing his mind). :bash :bash...
I doubt Wenger is going to reach into his pocket for more than 15mil, whoever he decides to bring in

R.V.P_11

FERNANDO GAGO WOULD BE FANTASTIC - OR manuel fernandes

am i the only one who would love to see wesley sneijder in the red of arsenal ?

Jameel46

Established Member
oOTruGunNaOo said:
quaresma ?...he's such an erratic player and he's not even that good !

what!! Quaresma is a good player, he only missed the world cup because of Figo, Simao, and C. Ronaldo (all of them can play on both wings, and so can Quaresma), if reyes goes and we don't get ribery then Quaresma would be a good option.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom