• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott: Sold to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

They didn't leave it out, they just didn't take it out of context. The Arseblog piece has the whole interview which gives out a far more mixed signal and is decidedly less positive. Here is the part Telegraph is quoting:

Ah you're right, thank you for that. Yeah that is a bit more of a neutral response.

Bould14

I swear I bet it's about his wage. He doesn't deserve a bump because he's been injured. They should put a clause that if he hits 30+ goals in a season he gets a 20k in raise.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I think its about promises. Theo knows Alexis is no.1, and there is room for one more. Is afraid he will fall behind Welbz cause Wenger likes him, and them there is Oli or new striker coming in.

AW wont lie to him and say 'yes, you will be my first option' and then bench him when everyone is fit. He'll just tell him to work hard and take his spot, its all up to players. And thats what keeps Theo thinking.
I dont think its money cause we sure would offer him same he has now, while they wont ask for more then 20k raise, which in any case is easy to find agreement.
I think its promises of being a regular starter

abhi_stefan

we are reading too much into it. He knows there is no club out there who will give him the opportunity and confidence like us.
seriously speaking wage demand is justified and if we haggle then we stand to lose.
Look at the wages around he deserve to get better deal for goal returns and golden years ahead..........

His finishing has been very hit and miss since he's been back unfortunately. I would like him to stay, he's a player i like and think has been underrated a lot by others. At one point, he was the most efficient forward in the league with the no. of goals+assists while playing regularly. Hopefully he'll sign da ting and have a reasonable uninterrupted period on the pitch to regain the sharpness and confidence, ditto for Ox and Wilshere.

DasBootist

His finishing was pretty lethal @ the West Brom game I went to in May. He followed that up with another hat-trick in the cup final, so the potential for him becoming an integral part of the squad is there.

I say give him what he wants (within reason).

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
I believe Walcott will stay because he has said a few times already that he wants to stay. Fabs and RVP never said such things. It takes a special kind of snake to say "Don't worry, I'm staying. I'm loyal!" and then move a week later.

I like Theo, don't think he's capable of being that much of a ****. He'll sign. Football careers are short, and Theo knows in 10 years he's done. If it were me I'd be milking my talent for all it's worth too.

His finishing was pretty lethal @ the West Brom game I went to in May. He followed that up with another hat-trick in the cup final, so the potential for him becoming an integral part of the squad is there.

I say give him what he wants (within reason).

Yes, i was massively impressed with his finishing against WBA, but before that he has missed some good chances that a fit and confident Theo would routinely put away. WBA and Villa did however signal a possible change though, hope he can remain injury free and play a significant role in the following season. We could do with the added goals that a fit Theo brings. Also, He got the opening goal in cup final mate, the hattrick was against WBA.

Arsenalcentric

Player:Ødegaard
I have a theory Team Walcott is angling for a 3 year deal similar to the one he signed last but with better pay in the region of 120 – 135k a week but Arsenal is angling for a 4 year deal with a clause to activate a 5th. Which will keep him here past his 30th birthday and hopefully a significant portion of his peak years. Now team Walcott don’t want that because that will mean they loose the 18 month cycle where they are able to renegotiate better pay if Walcott goes on to have a golden season. Also bear in mind that in the next 18 months Arsenal will have to renegotiate Özil then Alexis’ deal. Which will take them further on the highest earner scale significantly increasing the gap if their deals fall in the region of 200k and above. This is likely if you factor in the TV money wind fall.
This is an issue for team Walcott, by the time negotiations come around again based on Arsenal’s deal Theo Walcott will not be able to earn on per with the highest earners in the team and indeed the league because of his age. So therefore this deal is the last pre 30years old deal which means any other deal after he'll have less leverage because of his 30+ years status. At that stage depending on the situation Arsenal can decide to run down contract or give the normal 1 year exstention.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Yes, i was massively impressed with his finishing against WBA, but before that he has missed some good chances that a fit and confident Theo would routinely put away. WBA and Villa did however signal a possible change though, hope he can remain injury free and play a significant role in the following season. We could do with the added goals that a fit Theo brings. Also, He got the opening goal in cup final mate, the hattrick was against WBA.
Yeah that's the thing with Theo, he guarantees you goals. Theres not too many natural goal scorers in our squad and after Podolski left you want as many as you can here.

There's not that many realistic replacements who can guarantee you goals and such a threat in behind the defence. If he was available on a free next summer I reckon every top English club would want him.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I have a theory Team Walcott is angling for a 3 year deal similar to the one he signed last but with better pay in the region of 120 – 135k a week but Arsenal is angling for a 4 year deal with a clause to activate a 5th. Which will keep him here past his 30th birthday and hopefully a significant portion of his peak years. Now team Walcott don’t want that because that will mean they loose the 18 month cycle where they are able to renegotiate better pay if Walcott goes on to have a golden season. Also bear in mind that in the next 18 months Arsenal will have to renegotiate Özil then Alexis’ deal. Which will take them further on the highest earner scale significantly increasing the gap if their deals fall in the region of 200k and above. This is likely if you factor in the TV money wind fall.
This is an issue for team Walcott, by the time negotiations come around again based on Arsenal’s deal Theo Walcott will not be able to earn on per with the highest earners in the team and indeed the league because of his age. So therefore this deal is the last pre 30years old deal which means any other deal after he'll have less leverage because of his 30+ years status. At that stage depending on the situation Arsenal can decide to run down contract or give the normal 1 year exstention.

The Metro will reword this from "I have a theory" to "Our inside sources say"

Everyone mad at Walcott negotiation tactics but that is what good ones do when they are getting new contracts. Nothing wrong with what Walcott is doing.

senna

Must get him signed. If he wants £150k give it to him, £130k is about right. he cant be turning up at england get togethers with Raheem on significantly more than him and average players like Delph not too far behind.

Also believe due to lack of options we wont be singing a top quality striker (unless RM do soemthign crazy with Benzema) - our best hope fo having a top quality striker then becomes Theo if he can nail down that position. His finishing, movement & pace are lethal and from what i saw in limited time last season his technique and link up play has improved massively. Wenger must have started him upfront ahead of Giroud in the cup final for a reason.

sammyvine

Must get him signed. If he wants £150k give it to him, £130k is about right. he cant be turning up at england get togethers with Raheem on significantly more than him and average players like Delph not too far behind.

Also believe due to lack of options we wont be singing a top quality striker (unless RM do soemthign crazy with Benzema) - our best hope fo having a top quality striker then becomes Theo if he can nail down that position. His finishing, movement & pace are lethal and from what i saw in limited time last season his technique and link up play has improved massively. Wenger must have started him upfront ahead of Giroud in the cup final for a reason.

Sterling is better than Walcott and has much more potential as well. He is only going to get better at 20 and if he improves his finishing he could become a world class player like Ribery and Robben, Walcott will not improve by much imo considering his age etc...so i can see why Sterling gets paid a lot. You are right about Delph though. City are mugs paying him 100k lol

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Give him 150k and make him the club's highest earner?

Maaaaaaaad. He hasn't done anything to warrant such status, the guy should take 100k and run, or **** off.

We've several players who've contributed more than him over the last couple of years. Get fit, start contributing and then you can demand good money.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Wenger cares about wage structure at club a lot, and I support that. Thats why no way on earth should Theo get more then 120 knowing how much Alexis and co. are on.
Stay fit and play good and you will get more in 2 years

Fallout

Really annoyed by his stance in these repeated contract issues.

We are talking about a player who is ...
a) consistently injured
b) technically limited
c) reliant on world class service to be productive
d) reliant on a physical attribute that will decline with time

It takes a special kind of audacity and arrogance to toy around with a club like Arsenal and a manager who's been so generous over the years. Stop being a prick, negotiate a contract in a relatively swift manner, and get back to business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom