• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott: Sold to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I think he'll sign, but if he's refusing to or asking for big money (on par with Özil and co) then sell him this summer when we'll get £20m+ for him. I don't want to lose him on a free or in January for £10m or something awful, especially as it'll be to Chelsea or United.

He won't leave this summer when the big money is to be made next summer when he's free.

I think he'll sign, but I don't know now, he might be having clubs say "go free and we'll give you 150K plus next summer".

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Theo is king here.

Yep. And I'm just going to throw positive vibes out there and hope he plays a lot up front, bangs in 20 PL goals and gets a big payday. No idea if the transfer market will fix our questions up front but something tells me I know better than to believe it given who appears to be available ATM. Here's to hoping King Theo runs wild.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
If he doesn't renew then just sell him. Can't handle yet another scenario with Wenger pissing about with him and leaving him on the bench because he's on his last year and not signing.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
The biggest contract he'll ever sign given his age, going into his last year, he's in a position where he is the absolute boss - wait until Arsenal offer him exactly the package he wants, or he leaves for free, gets that package anyway, and a sign on fee.

Wenger knows what's happening, there will be no deadlines - Theo is staying or leaving for free.

Peak years, home grown, possible free soon - an absolute dream pick up for every top club in England.

Theo is king here.

Thats why we need to give him a deadline. Nonone is bigger then club. We know how far we wanna go with his wages, and can negotiate till the deadline. If not, thank him and sell him, everyrhing done in a nice way as Wenger does it always.
He wont demand to stay and go for free, he aint stupid to waste another year of his career, plus, whoever wants to offer him big money next summer would do the same this one too.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

If it comes to that , Wenger will take care of it . Theo looks extremely focused to do well though .

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I still think Theo wants to play CF but would be happy with a mix of CF and RW. I dont see him signing until after the window closes, I think Wenger has the same plan.

If Theo signs now and we get Benzema in a mad final transfer day merry go round, thats his CF dream gone. If Wenger makes promises to Theo and he signs now, Wenger would be kicking him self if Benzema does become available. Thats why I think both parties prefer to sign once the window closes.

TheCourier

I think he's saying more that he's not letting the negotiations get in the way of focussing on playing. Seems he also said this, which didn't make it into that Arseblog piece.

Jeremy Wilson‏@JWTelegraph
Theo Walcott on contract talks: 'I'm sure it won’t be long. This squad is one of the best I’ve been involved in. I want to be part of that.'

God let's hope so. It would be a real downer to have someone like him going to another club or worse running down his contract and walking away.

sammyvine

For a player than isn't Sanchez, Aguero, Neymar etc... basically world class, he really does like to take the p*ss with contracts.

I understand players wants the most money etc... but he did the exact same thing last time and is doing it again.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I think he's saying more that he's not letting the negotiations get in the way of focussing on playing. Seems he also said this, which didn't make it into that Arseblog piece.

Jeremy Wilson‏@JWTelegraph
Theo Walcott on contract talks: 'I'm sure it won’t be long. This squad is one of the best I’ve been involved in. I want to be part of that.'
They didn't leave it out, they just didn't take it out of context. The Arseblog piece has the whole interview which gives out a far more mixed signal and is decidedly less positive. Here is the part Telegraph is quoting:

“Maybe I should be talking about testimonial times. I have always played with a smile on my face, always enjoyed playing for this club. It is one of the best groups I have been involved with.

“I want to be involved with that squad as well. I want to work really hard and make sure I’m in that starting lineup come the first game of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom