• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev_atdi

Yes but Wenger gambled on 9 bluddy million with the "prospect" of Franny Jeffers.

Which, erm, didn't particularly worked out as had hoped.

I dunno what to think considering our previous gambles.

Growler

5mil for a player with it all to prove is a lot. Jenas, Dyer, Bramble, Jeffers, Wright, Upson, Pennant, Kirkland all went for big money as young players, and its debatable how many are successful, and WHERE they are successful now.

Any player is a risk, but the benefit of the english player is they maintain their value a little better.

A

Anonymous

Growler said:
5mil for a player with it all to prove is a lot. Jenas, Dyer, Bramble, Jeffers, Wright, Upson, Pennant, Kirkland all went for big money as young players, and its debatable how many are successful, and WHERE they are successful now.

Any player is a risk, but the benefit of the english player is they maintain their value a little better.

Dyer and Jenas are still decent players. Jenas payed his fee of and profit. pennant i still beleive would and should have been goven a chance if he wasnt messed in hte head. He to this day still wrecks of raw talent and i wish we had kept him.Upson could slot into most teams in Englands defence. I would welcome him back here with open arms. Kirkland also is doing wonderful things this year, and if he can stay injury free, i beleive he will be the future of Englands GK problems.

I watch Rooney play for Manchester and it really makes me want to gamble on every youth player out there. I mean i hate him cause he plays for Manure but at 19 he is there team. He came off the bench against Southampton and there is nothing he cant do. What if we sign 10 youth players and just 1 turns out to be him. Of corse you would be stocked. I say lets gamble, not big money, but lets take risks

nidza7

Established Member
I think 5 mil is a lot for a kid.A lot for us.One can get a decent expirienced played for that money.

Corny

every buy is a gamble, some work out some don't

I wouldn't point to failed players as a reason not to buy this one

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
nidza7 said:
I think 5 mil is a lot for a kid.A lot for us.One can get a decent expirienced played for that money.

Yeah but do we play to be decent hell no. I would rather take a chance and crash and burn then to slowly melt away. "it is better to burn up then to fade away" as Neil Young once said

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Arsenal and Liverpool will lead the chase for Southampton's 16-year-old winger Theo Walcott if the south-coast club falter in their ambitions to rejoin the Premiership next season. (The Times)

Ratinho

Established Member
YeahBee said:
nidza7 said:

Yeah but do we play to be decent hell no. I would rather take a chance and crash and burn then to slowly melt away. "it is better to burn up then to fade away" as Neil Young once said

Agree with that (apart from the Neil Young rambling :wink: ). What kind of experienced player would improve us for £5m? Barely one, whereas this guy, if you have seen him, is a bit special.

Ratinho

Established Member
He's a very, very, very fast attacking midfielder. Plays wide mostly, but at this stage of his career, that's just where he is being played, not necessarilywhere he'll end up. Great skills and, most importantly in someone so young, not afraid to be direct and ignore those around him when it opens up infront.

Stats? He's a kid and it's not Football Manager.

Army of Me

Established Member
i think by stats he meant more games played, goals scored, assists etc.

He's come off the bench in 7 games according to the sky sports article, but he's only a kid so although he's exciting to watch, he hasn't really had that great an impact on the outcome of games.

he's one for the future for sure, but don't expect too much at the moment.

Ratinho

Established Member
whs

Although, that's what i'm saying, stats are pointless at this stage. He's just burst into the first team at 16. He's got no previous.

Mostarac

Established Member
Walcott has scored in his last two matches for Southampton and is starting to show his talent. Scored against Millwall today and made one goal aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary
Top Bottom