• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

Why

Always Me ?
Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

When you mention the 3 second period that VAR refs need to choose whether to act on it and then show it to the main ref, I can't help but think that there is no way that the VAR refs obeyed this rule when they denied Martinelli's goal at Old Trafford. It was more than 3 seconds from the goal and back to the contested moment. The "foul" by Ødegaard on Eriksen was a slight nudge of knees and those are rarely given in regular play.

Ahh sorry, the 3 second delay is more a they will see something on the main screen, so when they look down at their VAR monitor it should be coming up on that screen. Essentially it allows them to watch the issue on the VAR Monitors across all 12(ish) camera views as it happens (sort of) So they have a chance to react.

After the event has happened and they flag it, the time it takes to review does have an SLA (not sure what it is) but it can be quite long. As we all know. Most of the time when something happens they will go through every angle to see the contact, what led up to it, intention, where the players eyes are focused etc. Then its down to the 4th official to make a decision. The Operator just provides as much footage and context as possible.

The Operators are not just working with the 4th official, we have operators who are providing replay packages and are in the ears of the broadcasters. Saying they have an interesting replay package and do they want it, there are operators who are looking at collisions and injuries and providing real time data to the medical teams (the tablets you see all the coaches and medical staff with are all showing data/footage from our operators), should the player come off because it was a nasty head injury. A lot of the time that info comes from our guys.

The GLT tech is different and thats instant. Refs have a watch and our system just says goal or no goal. Same as what we did during the worldcup with offside. No measuring rubbish. Just a call on if it was on or off. I believe that will be implemented in the Prem soon. So VAR will just be for fouls and red card decisions.

Buhry

Established Member

^^That's good news.

Hopefully the start adding time in the first half as well, for whatever reason no matter what happens in the first half its always 3-4 minutes max and they rarely ever do 6+ unless it's the 2nd half even if there was mad time wasting going on.

Shouldnt let teams get away with the kind of bs Newcastle did in our first game against them last year.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I suspect he wants to get rid of more than he has, but he's got to wait until there is objective evidence or they F*** up. It was notable that as soon as Mason screwed us through objective incompetence, he was gone in days.
Good observations. It is probably an absolute nightmare breaking up those groups and moving referees on.

Tom349

Nothing has changed. Going to be up hill climb to challenge for the league.

Compare Partey booking in the first half with Rodri getting away with foul after foul. Roles reversed Partey is able to foul Foden in the lead up to their goal, instead he is on a yellow and has to let him run away.

Nothing has changed. Going to be up hill climb to challenge for the league.

Compare Partey booking in the first half with Rodri getting away with foul after foul. Roles reversed Partey is able to foul Foden in the lead up to their goal, instead he is on a yellow and has to let him run away.
Party got booked for kicking the ball away, no? So did Alvarez. But agree that Rodri got away with a lot.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I don't like the long extra time it'll be useful at Emirates it'll stop teams waste time but in close games adding 8-10 minutes will be torture.

And Arsenal of course every away game we'll the opposition will get minimum 8 minutes in close games. Feel sorry for old people like me

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I knew Attwell was awful but given that yellows and reds would be rescinded before the season, this was a good game to put in a good ref display with no real consequences. Could have laid a marker for the whole season. Now everyone knows that Rodri is untouchable. Simply dreadful.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
How Rodri didn't get a yellow after two obvious fouls, pulling the shirt of the opponent, really baffles me. The same happened last year at the Etihad, when Liverpool were on the break and 0-1 up. Rodri, already on a yellow, pulled Gakpo. Referees are ****ing incompetent.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

One way for corrupt refs to give team advantage against Arsenal is allowing the other team to get endless fouls without carding while carding us at every chance.
Like in yesterday's Community Shield game... Really feel like deja vu all over again. Don't know how often we make this reflection and yesterday was not different! 🤬

Legend14

Established Member
The yellow on Partey was petty, as if the ref had a problem with him personally and was waiting to give it to him. Rodri got nothing for pulling jerseys and blatant fouls to stop counters.

Same with the yellow on Arteta… premeditated.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Imagine having this in the PL. They will of course not allow it as the bias and incompetence will become too obvious.

That is great and what I like more is the respect that the captain shows when talking to the ref. That goes a long way, but then you imagine if it happens here and it is broadcasted, you would have to bleep most of the chat, as it would probably involve a lot of F words.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I actually think too much transparency would make it worse. The likelihood of being even more incensed or confused is high, plus it's not like the fans can do anything about the decision as well.

I would like VAR to be quicker that's it.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

That is great and what I like more is the respect that the captain shows when talking to the ref. That goes a long way, but then you imagine if it happens here and it is broadcasted, you would have to bleep most of the chat, as it would probably involve a lot of F words.
Think the idea was also that it would force both players and referees to use better language as it will be broadcasted for everyone to hear. Think that works. 💯

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
VAR: “We have a potential red card for serious foul play off the ball, I recommend you go to the monitor and have a look“

Referee: “Ok, who committed the offence?”

VAR: “Blue, number 16”.

Referee: “Yeah, don’t worry about it”.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom