• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

They are called Referees

Are you for VAR or not?

• Total voters

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
These constant **** decisions are almost nice in that they give us at least some excuse for this season. Really does seem the only consistency in the calls is that we end up getting ****ed
I think it’s important to judge these games for what happens from the first minute until the last and forget managers and whatnot. This was simply a game where we wasn’t that great but things conspired against us – is we’ve seen that happen before. We got one point instead of three. I’m pissed that we didn’t play better but sometimes you just need not to get shafted in order to get the points—not a big ask really—but it turns out it was a big ask.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
taae191d9fl61.jpg

It's fairly common actually

Refs have a huge problem with this one (everything as handball failed miserably too) and with the offside rule (no matter how you put it, it will still be called on fine margins with the way is currently defined)
🤣

No, what you saw today isnt common. Not all of these VAR mistakes are the same. You didn’t even need a replay for this so I don’t know why you are bagging it up with all those other contentious ones

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Alot of our players in Insta not happy with this decision pepe Willian gab all showing pic of the handball

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think there must be some level of accountability for such **** ups. Every job has accountability. Referees making mistakes one-off mistakes on the pitch was understandable. But there is no excuse for making such mistakes even when technology is available. They must be fined. Or they must get yellow cards for every mistake they make and they must be suspended for a period after they collect 5.
Seriously, whoever it is who oversees the VAR decisions must be in hiding after that... Do you think the panel have been contacted yet and asked what the **** they were playing at?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
taae191d9fl61.jpg

It's fairly common actually

Refs have a huge problem with this one (everything as handball failed miserably too) and with the offside rule (no matter how you put it, it will still be called on fine margins with the way is currently defined)

Thing is not all of these are the same. The Burnley one is so clearly different, his arm is way out extended ffs and it's directly stopping a player from creating an opportunity. I mean if you look up 'blatant' in a dictionary you'll still that picture of Pieters handling the ball.

I have sympathy for refs cos essentially the handball law is extremely vague, no one knows what it is. You simply cannot define a handball. It's more of a feeling, everyone knows when they've seen one. And that today is a handball, it's a gut feeling.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Don't think its some anti-Arsenal agenda, as there's been loads of ridiculous decisions for other clubs as well. But what's clear as day is the application of VAR, and more importantly the referee's understanding of what is/isn't a penalty, handball, etc., is absolutely shocking. I think for VAR to work correctly, there needs to be more clarity in the laws of the game, or else we will continue to be subject to referee's making inconsistent decisions.

It needs addressing immediately because its costing teams points every week.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There’s definitely needs to be a publicy written report of key decisions that and the official reason as to why it wasn’t a penalty.

His arm is out to either block the ball or Pepe, it’s clear penalty.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
This been season of errors with var it actually got much worse i mean every team this season had 5 at least decisions gone against them without var you'll understand that but with var is so pathetic

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
You know it's a bad decision against us when even the studio referee Walton thought we where hard done by. Normally those guys agree with all the decisions the ref makes.

GDeep™

League is very weak
They’ll have to sort out this VAR, handball etc situation in the summer. Nobody knows what the clear cut rules are? It’s like they are making up rules as they go along.

What’s new anyway? Under Wenger we were the most unfairly treated team in English football, we lost 2/3 titles in the early days because of the authorities.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The lack of consistency and clarity with these handball decisions is so frustrating. You cannot just change it every week.

Also it's been mentioned before but it'd be far better if it was like the Six Nations where you can hear the conversation but given how overprotective they are of these **** referees they probably won't allow. Instead let's clap them onto the pitch, that'll fix issues!

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
If they don't change things up overhaul the refs specially when I'm sure no English ref will be in euros then it's just pure corruption i can't go next season where refs like Dean Mason Ankitson Pawson f**king things up weekly

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
If they don't change things up overhaul the refs specially when I'm sure no English ref will be in euros then it's just pure corruption i can't go next season where refs like Dean Mason Ankitson Pawson f**king things up weekly

Honestly, I'm so close to just being done with it. It seems unfair to do that to my team because they are treated unfairly, but I just can't take the injustice of it all.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Honestly, I'm so close to just being done with it. It seems unfair to do that to my team because they are treated unfairly, but I just can't take the injustice of it all.
Not only us few days ago Fulham robbed point i think all teams so far had 5-6 decision unfairly gone against them

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Not only us few days ago Fulham robbed point i think all teams so far had 5-6 decision unfairly gone against them

Can you find that for Manchester United, Liverpool, and Tottenham? Because I think many of the unfair decisions have going in their direction. I agree that other teams have been treated unfairly and it seems to depend who they're up against. It's clear corruption.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Can you find that for Manchester United, Liverpool, and Tottenham? Because I think many of the unfair decisions have going in their direction. I agree that other teams have been treated unfairly and it seems to depend who they're up against. It's clear corruption.
Yeah these 3 teams didn't get much wrong against them we been robbed at least 10 points imo because of var

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996
Top Bottom