• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thierry Henry: The King Stay The King

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Sanchez simply isn't very intelligent. Great footballer. But dumb AF. The Arsenal dressing room will be a much better place without that guy and his tantrums bringing everyone else down mentally.

I think the list of footballers who are ahem, how can I put this delicately, not rocket scientists is very very very long indeed :lol:

If you come from a background of poverty plus focus all your of your academic years on kicking a ball around instead of books it's very easy to see how this might come about. Back in the day, Graham Le Saux was known as an a footballer who was intelligent off the pitch and we all know how that ended up....

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I think the list of footballers who are ahem, how can I put this delicately, not rocket scientists is very very very long indeed :lol:

If you come from a background of poverty plus focus all your of your academic years on kicking a ball around instead of books it's very easy to see how this might come about. Back in the day, Graham Le Saux was known as an a footballer who was intelligent off the pitch and we all know how that ended up....

Senderos spoke 6 languages, but tell him Drogba is behind, he would fold in a second :)

El Granit-Coq

Established Member

Intelligence isn't only measured in whether you had some formal education or not, that is knowledge.

Being illiterate due to poverty is one thing, saying one is unintelligent due to their profession is another. An example is Mayweather may not know how to read, but can anyone actually question his overall intelligence? You do not build an empire running on low fumes upstairs.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Intelligence isn't only measured in whether you had some formal education or not, that is knowledge.

Being illiterate due to poverty is one thing, saying one is unintelligent due to their profession is another. An example is Mayweather may not know how to read, but can anyone actually question his overall intelligence? You do not build an empire running on low fumes upstairs.

A huge number of footballers are not the sharpest tools in the shed (and if they have the right people managing their affairs this doesn’t matter) but yes many many millionaires billionaires and empire builders dropped out of school early - 100% agree with that.

It’s Maywhethers wife I question. The man took his “private masseur” everywhere in his entourage ....eventually leaving his missus for her. Didn’t she see it coming?? :) :)

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Flamini of all people is really smart i guess

Lawyer Iirc and the whole inventor/invester thing

Wasnt Kaka a doctor or atleast pre-med or sumthin to?

tysonjohn

A huge number of footballers are not the sharpest tools in the shed (and if they have the right people managing their affairs this doesn’t matter) but yes many many millionaires billionaires and empire builders dropped out of school early - 100% agree with that.

It’s Maywhethers wife I question. The man took his “private masseur” everywhere in his entourage ....eventually leaving his missus for her. Didn’t she see it coming?? :) :)

She probably didn't care while there was unlimited money flowing in her direction and he wasn't there to bother her. Actually, a lot of footballers wives are the same. They're fine living on unlimited funds while they're still married to someone who is constantly away from home either at training or away games or whatever else the life of a modern day footballer entails, but once that person retires and don't carry on working within the game meaning he's at home or with her most of the time, cracks begin to appear lol

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Incidentally, Keown's punditry is superb. Yes he says some harsh things when they need saying. But his loyalty still shines through like a beacon.

Martin Keown's love & loyalty to this club would only be brought into question by the same faces in the media who openly embraced him among their number when he entered their toxic profession.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
When our players are playing, I want loyalty. When they're pundits after their careers are done, I want the truth--whether it pisses me off or not. I don't want smoke blown up my anus by Martin Keown ffs. Why feed off bullshit for the sake of remaining angry? :lol:

tysonjohn

Belgium will capitulate in the World Cup this summer. If they even get out of their group, they will lose in the second round. Henry's reputation as a coach will be severely damaged!

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
When our players are playing, I want loyalty. When they're pundits after their careers are done, I want the truth--whether it pisses me off or not. I don't want smoke blown up my anus by Martin Keown ffs. Why feed off bullshit for the sake of remaining angry? :lol:

Arsenal fandom really is a cult to some (most?). Say anything negative about the current crop of bottlers at the club or manager and supporters will turn on you even if you're Theirry Henry and to a lesser extent Ian Wright despite the fact that both have done more for AFC than any fan out there.

Really is disgusting.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Arsenal fandom really is a cult to some (most?). Say anything negative about the current crop of bottlers at the club or manager and supporters will turn on you even if you're Theirry Henry and to a lesser extent Ian Wright despite the fact that both have done more for AFC than any fan out there.

Really is disgusting.
Sometimes I do see Thierry being slightly negative, but people forget he's a massive fan of the club. He's as angry as we are, and he, like us, sometimes thinks we don't deserve the benefit of the doubt, because we don't ****ing earn it!

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ian Wright is an idiot tbh, slags Wenger off on the radio and TV, then he's with him at the club doing something the next day kissing his arse.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Sometimes I do see Thierry being slightly negative, but people forget he's a massive fan of the club. He's as angry as we are, and he, like us, sometimes thinks we don't deserve the benefit of the doubt, because we don't ****ing earn it!

I don't like Henry as a pundit (think he's boring as ****, and his English makes everything he says take forever), but I've never understood the whole "He's slagging us off, what a ****!" stuff. Isn't he just saying what everyone else is feeling as well? Even stranger when it comes from people whom are very critical of Arsenal on here..

If anything, his words carry a lot of weight and he's putting a spotlight on the problems a lot of fans have been screaming about for years. I'm struggling to see how that's a bad thing.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Ian Wright is an idiot tbh, slags Wenger off on the radio and TV, then he's with him at the club doing something the next day kissing his arse.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that Wenger sold him and bought Anelka.

I also find him weird, he slags Wenger at any chance, but then you see him in tunnel videos shaking hands with Arsène saying Hi Boss etc....

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Wrighty always refers to the club as “us” the manager as “boss” and said he was sick as a parrot about the Sanchez thing today when commentating on the ManU game. I’m very distrustful of people but when he talked about Sanchez I didn’t doubt for a second he is a 100% genuine Gunner.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wright and Henry are fine tbh. I like Keown as a pundit, not as a commentator. Alan Smith on the other hand is biased against us to try and seem impartial to the point of it just being negative.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom