• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thierry Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurgen

Established Member
The point is that Henry is nothing like Bergkamp and never will be. Once his pace was gone he was half the player. Not saying that he was all pace, but it was a fundamental part of his game. These days he doesn't offer anything that would be of any use to us on the pitch.

stiiphunn

Established Member
I wouldn't want him back. Whenever I see him playing these days it pains me to see he's lost half of his abilities bar his finishing.

Captain

Established Member
Gurgen said:
The point is that Henry is nothing like Bergkamp and never will be. Once his pace was gone he was half the player. Not saying that he was all pace, but it was a fundamental part of his game. These days he doesn't offer anything that would be of any use to us on the pitch.

Dunno, Titi left and Arshavin right doesn't seem too bad.

Gurgen

Established Member
We need a wide forward, I'll give you that.

Sick and tired of seeing some lost and found AMC on the wing.

Timleaf

Established Member
Didn't Henry play a Champions League final about 6 months ago? And wasn't he a big part of a record breaking attacking trio last season?

Dont think he'll come, or that we'll go for him, but he's still a good player.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Never really liked him in a 4-5-1 or a 4-3-3 but he still has that knack of scoring goals at crucial times. Even with RVP fit I still see Arshavin as our only attacker as good as Henry is now.

Never going to happen but I would welcome it.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Timleaf said:
Didn't Henry play a Champions League final about 6 months ago? And wasn't he a big part of a record breaking attacking trio last season?

Which seems to have a taken it's toll on him. I would take him above Rosicky and Nasri on the flanks but considering that Walcott is probably a better option as of right now, really says it all for me.

IBL

Established Member
Henry is a shadow of himself, he moves on the pitch as if he has weights attached to his ankles, it's painful to watch.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
outlaw_member said:
Timleaf said:

Which seems to have a taken it's toll on him. I would take him above Rosicky and Nasri on the flanks but considering that Walcott is probably a better option as of right now, really says it all for me.

Absolutely no ****ing way. Theo would get laughed off Barca' training ground. Only thing Theo has over Thierry is speed. Hell Thierry even manages to stay fit more than FEO.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Theo might get laughed off but Henry is not even decent anymore. Those of us who have seen him regularly this season will know that his legs are finished. A typical Henry moment would be to try a dribble and dive because he doesn't have the power or pace to beat anyone anymore.

Zico

Established Member
Henry really needs to rethink his game if he is going to survive. Perhaps he should consider leaving Barca. That left forward spot requires the ability to beat people on speed, and at this point he's able to deliver one blistering run per game and no more. He needs to move into the number 10 spot. He was always an intelligent player with good passing, and he should try transform his game into more of an advanced playmaker. Otherwise, his career will blow up like Shevchenko's

True Gooner

Established Member
True, but he won't be able to do that at Barcelona. Think it would be best if he moved to a club where expectations would be more realistic and he'd have more time on the ball rather than play as an outlet.

GOONER1991

Established Member
If Thierry returned I would not be sad, he could be our Giggs, however it's obvious that he's not of the same quality anymore. Maybe with us he would be more motivated?

thegame24

Established Member
Wed score more free kicks, get more pens and more respect, plus hes better than all our strikers, only rvp has a case to argue that.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Henry can only survive in a marginalised role which requires him to use his technical ability more and less so his physical attributes. The only problem is that his shooting and passing has also progressively become worse as the years have gone by. He would be decent option as a CF but nothing more.

thegame24

Established Member
I bet hed score nearly every game if he returned as lone cf.

damn shame we wouldnt be able to use him in cl though. We are ****ed with evvery striker in that regard.

stiiphunn

Established Member
That's the biggest issue. Although last season we did sign Arsh who was cup tied. If a striker can help us win the league, it wouldn't be a bad idea to sign him even though he may be cup tied.

Bossa

Established Member
By Rob Kelly

Arsène Wenger says that he will use the Christmas period to decide whether to re-sign Club legend Thierry Henry.

Arsenal’s all-time record goalscorer has been training with the Gunners during the MLS close season and could offer a short-term fix for Wenger when Marouane Chamakh and Gervinho depart for the Africa Cup of Nations.

Wenger insists he has not yet made his mind up on Henry.

“That's why I have Christmas Day off - I have to think about that,” he said.

“Short-term is ideal for us, but I haven't made any enquiry yet. Thierry is not here at the moment. It has never come up in conversation!

“The first of January is the vital date for us. We have seven days to make decisions and I will make a decision in the next seven days on players.”

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/usa/sh/news/news-archive/wenger-i-ll-take-time-over-henry-decision" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/usa/sh/news/news ... y-decision</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think that he will be a great signing for us. Yes, he's gotten older but I think that he would still be one of the better strikers in England at his age. I watched him this year for the Red Bulls and he still looks very fit to me. Henry can play at the left and of course as a striker and signing him will give everybody at the club a massive boost imo.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Good signing in my opinion. Would be yet more experience in the team, and also good cover for Van Persie and our wide players. Henry, even at this age is still quality, even without the legs. We reaped the benefits of Sol Campbell's second coming, well let's get Thierry in here. Also, Theo and Gervinho can learn a lot from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom