• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thierry Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcdude24

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=1459&cntnt01origid=30&cntnt01returnid=42" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/inde ... eturnid=42</a>

If Myles Palmer says it's true...

Kraig

Established Member
would love thierry back... if we could travel back in time and get the titi of 5 years ago. not the same player and would have too much of an influence in the dressing room.

plus, myles is full of **** anyway.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I tell you what - I would love Henry back. I think he's got more in him even though it hasn't really clicked this season so far.

This thread should be closed though, because it isn't even a real rumour. It's just Myles Palmer trying to be sarcastic.

asajoseph

Established Member
I'd love Thierry back - it would piss Myles Palmer off so much he might give up on Arsenal altogether.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
We'd all love Titi back, for sentimental reasons as well as his pure ability. A front 3 of Henry-van Persie-Arshavin looks like something special.

thegame24

Established Member
take him in a heart beat.

The boost would be immense and defenders will be intimidated regardless of how good he is or isnt just because his name is thierry henry.

Alfonso

Established Member
Marlon Harewood would have more of an impact for us. Thierry cant cope with the English league's physical nature, he couldn't cope two years ago so god knows how he would now. His legs are gone, how many times do I have to say this!

Dont let sentiment cloud your judgements.

Accomplished

Established Member
I want him back. I don't care how good he is, I just want him back. He can offer so much to us on various levels, especially in training.

Alfonso

Established Member
Accomplished said:
I want him back. I don't care how good he is, I just want him back. He can offer so much to us on various levels, especially in training.

We are not AC Milan.

outlaw_member

Established Member
I would prefer Chamakh but the return of the King would always be good. However, we can't make the mistake of playing him on the flanks and he would have to play through the middle to diminish his regression of physicality. A good short term option but nothing more.

Accomplished

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Accomplished said:

We are not AC Milan.

Yes, you are factually correct here. We are Arsenal. Congratulations.

Gurgen

Established Member
Never gonna happen, but might be worth it if it means Myles Palmer killing himself.

Zico

Established Member
Thierry has been awful this season. I'm not sure how much benefit a change of scenery will give. I am not sure that he is going to solve the immediate concern of playing at the top of our 4 3 3. He got a lot of abuse during our 4 5 1 run, as many thought he didn't have the qualities of a lone striker. Would he come back and slot on the left? We already have a plethora of players who can play there. I like Henry, but if we're looking for legends, I'd sooner gamble on Vieira

qs

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Alfonso said:
Marlon Harewood would have more of an impact for us.
Maybe it's just a phase, but you've been saying the most ridiculous things lately.

It was tongue in cheek, get over it. Sentiment is correct though. We sold Henry because he wasn't good for the team and he was losing his ability. He's alot worse now than he was when we got rid of him.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
As I recall it we sold Henry (mainly) because he asked to leave. And he was a better player last year than he was when he left us. He's had a tough start to this season but who knows how much there's left in him? All he needs is the right environment. Henry himself has said many times that he could envision himself ending up like Bergkamp did. I'd take a player like that any day of the week right now.

Minstrel Boy

In fact, a reinvented Bergkamp may be exactly what we need. RvP is after all supposed to be a mix of Henry-Bergkamp and what could be a better replacement than Henry himself. That said, it is ol' Myles and he hasn't got a transfer prediction right in ages.

Gurgen

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
As I recall it we sold Henry (mainly) because he asked to leave. And he was a better player last year than he was when he left us. He's had a tough start to this season but who knows how much there's left in him? All he needs is the right environment. Henry himself has said many times that he could envision himself ending up like Bergkamp did. I'd take a player like that any day of the week right now.

I envision myself growing a pair of wings and flying off to Tahiti, but it's not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom