• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Lemar

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I like the way we trying hard to get our targets no waiting Monaco playing hardball they want us to pay more
It's true tbh, we give the club a hard time but they're finally going after highly sought for players with repeat bids. If Monaco don't sell him to us I can't fault Wenger for not trying.

I remember the days where it seemed like we would bid once for a player then walk away.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Then why do they hand out Young Player Of The Year awards? If age doesn't matter what's the point of that recognition? Anyway I think you're getting worked up over something very trivial.
Young player awards are basically a matter of perception. Most of the times they come down to a vote. You don't hand out young player golden boots or gloves.

I'm not the one getting worked up, I said it was a contrived stat, it is. You are the one who decided to get into how it's not and started spouting off junior levels of football like they have anything to do with the stat.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
You guys should've won the Euros last year. Best team in the tournament. Portugal kinda fluked their way into the final. Choked it in the end.

I think last year Germany was better than France.
It seemed Boateng and Schweinsteiger had played too much Volleyball during that time and both had complete blackouts.

Either way, France and Germany would have deserved to win it - Portugal was a ****ing joke, even lucky to make it out of their group.

In any case France has to win next year. Insane talent - unreal even

Titi51

I think last year Germany was better than France.
It seemed Boateng and Schweinsteiger had played too much Volleyball during that time and both had complete blackouts.

They play volleyball but handball too... They dominated game but with little opportunitys to score... Koscielny was a wall this night.

Titi51

I remember Portugal-England in Euro 2004... England was a terrifying team, Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Scholes, Rooney, Owen, Ash Cole, Terry, Ferdinand... I dont understand today again, why Campbell's goal was refused.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Young player awards are basically a matter of perception. Most of the times they come down to a vote. You don't hand out young player golden boots or gloves.

I'm not the one getting worked up, I said it was a contrived stat, it is. You are the one who decided to get into how it's not and started spouting off junior levels of football like they have anything to do with the stat.

Uh yes it does. Just because you don't care about stats about young upcoming talents doesn't mean everybody doesn't. Anyway I'm just gonna put on you on the ignore list so I don't have to deal with anymore of this nonsense.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I remember Portugal-England in Euro 2004... England was a terrifying team, Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Scholes, Rooney, Owen, Ash Cole, Terry, Ferdinand... I dont understand today again, why Campbell's goal was refused.

I mostly remember England-France as I was cheering for France no matter what, although being German I was always supporting France because of my Idols Zidane as well as Henry.

England 1:0 up, Zidane got that freekick close to extra time and the penalty shortly after being the hero yet again.
What a player, GOAT :drool:

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
It's weird how within a year France have had this explosion of youthful talent and exuberance. They are gonna be one of the most exciting teams to watch. For me even more than the Spanish golden generation because I prefer France's style of play way more than the former.

Titi51

I mostly remember England-France as I was cheering for France no matter what, although being German I was always supporting France because of my Idols Zidane as well as Henry.

England 1:0 up, Zidane got that freekick close to extra time and the penalty shortly after being the hero yet again.
What a player, GOAT :drool:
What a memories for me... :eek:ops:I member Zidane had vomited just before shoot the penalty :D

But this game had hidden our weakness. Too old team. Too drugged coach.

Titi51

It's weird how within a year France have had this explosion of youthful talent and exuberance. They are gonna be one of the most exciting teams to watch. For me even more than the Spanish golden generation because I prefer France's style of play way more than the former.

We have great génération born every twenty years. Kopa gén in 1956, Platini gén' in 1976, Zidane gén' in 1996, M'bappé/Pogba gén in 2016.

Few years ago we are desperate with Ménez, Alou Diarra, Boumsong... lol.

carlito'sway

Established Member

They have a wealth of talent upfront. Having said that, Germany may have a generation as good as France. Furthermore, all the Germany teams (A, A', u-23 , U-20 etc) seem to already have an clear identity and the transition appears seamless between them.
That is due to the great work of the German FA, their DT (Bierhoof), managers (Low etc).
I don't have the same impression in France with no clear direction, football identity/philosophy wise through the national teams, with Deschamps and the rest of the FFF.

PS. By the way, we should move that debate to a different thread, before the mods call us out. ;)

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
They have a wealth of talent upfront. Having said that, Germany may have a generation as good as France. Furthermore, all the Germany teams (A, A', u-23 , U-20 etc) seem to already have an clear identity and the transition appears seamless between them.
That is due to the great work of the German FA, their DT (Bierhoof), managers (Low etc).
I don't have the same impression in France with no clear direction, football identity/philosophy wise through the national teams, with Deschamps and the rest of the FFF.

PS. By the way, we should move that debate to a different thread, before the mods call us out. ;)
Worth mentionng before the mods step in, that all of that is in contrast to the English FA where the government has had to step in and tell it to reform or lose funding. Full of white aging males that need a kick up their arses.

International results don't lie.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom