Thomas Partey | Arsenal Duck: Deal Agreed Between Both Parteys

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Troopz, Oct 16, 2018.

?

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

1. Yes

37.8%
  2. No

62.2%
  1. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

Poisoned puffins!

OnlyOne likes this.
  2. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

That's how it works in 2020. Get with the times.

Bayern Munich signed Sule with a couple of whatsapp messages and booked an uber within minutes. Deal done.

3. James Bond

James Bond Moderation Consultant

Different knock.

4. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

Yes, the way Liverpool did it wont last forever for them. They did it on the back of some great sales/signings but they dont have the bottomless pit of money that City have had in recent times.

The future now is clubs making the best of their revenue, mainly in the transfer market. We need to fix up in that regard, we should have sold or signed on Auba last summer as promised for example, now we might lose him for free.

5. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Why wouldn't we be willing to let Bellerin go?

- Chambers shined as RB first part of the season
    - we bought in Soares as Bellerin camt be trusted.
    - Bellerin lost his starting spot to cb in sokratis at the end of the season who out peformed him in the RB role.

Bellerin doesnt exactly strike me as a Simeone type of player. Would be on tbe bench there too due to Trippier.

Last edited: May 18, 2020
  6. UpTheGunnerz

Bellerin for Partey? hell yes, would be a smart move

7. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

Can't lose Bellerin ffs. I want to like at least one player in the squad on a personal level.

tcahill and samshere like this.
  8. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Bellerin gets a move back to Spain, we get on of the best midfielders in Europe, Trippier loses his spot. Wins all around!

9. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

If we have to use Bellerin to sign Partey then I'm all aboard. I would rather keep him but theres a risk he wont be the player he once was physically, I like the guy but if you're being cold and calculated about it it would be fantastic business. Even if we had to add some money on top.

10. Oxeki

Oxeki New Thread Merchant

11. UpTheGunnerz

Ghana, terrific country. Always said it was the best country, Trust me, no one knows bore about Ghana than me and i am telling you, it is splendid, tremendous. Beautiful

12. Tosker

Tosker Hates Foreigners

I'm a bit concerned about his mental health if this is true

13. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Arteta loves Hector

14. Oxeki

Oxeki New Thread Merchant

Yeah. I'm concerned about Aubameyang's mental health too

15. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Why would we sell our only RB? That would be monumentally stupid unless we are gonna be signing 2 RBs. We need to sign a RB as it is.

NieThePiet, tcahill, Impact and 2 others like this.
  16. Mitch

We start Sokratis at RB and beat olympiacos 1-0 away.

We start Bellerin at home against olympiacos and lose.

We then Start Sokratis for the next two matches at RB, win both, keep clean sheets in both matches and he also gets a goal.

Also how anyone would want Bellerin to start for us when statiscally he gets dribbled by opposition on average per match twice the amount than all of our other full backs in Chambers, Sokratis,, Kola, AMN and Tierney have been.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  17. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Dunno if you've noticed, but we......don't have any other right backs. Chambers? Not a RB, barely even a good one. His performances there were pretty overrated. AMN? Not a RB, and seemingly can't even gather the patience to play there anymore. Sokratis? :lol: :lol:

I know Bellerin's your mortal enemy for some reason and I don't think he's been great lately either, but he's the only actual RB there. Sell him, and now you have to sign 2 RBs on an already limited budget.

18. Mitch

Yet Bellerin has been out performed by Chsmbers who has shown a run of form and consistency at RB this season nit seen since Sagna. Whilst Sokratis out performed and and ousted Bellerin in the last several matches.

Yes I gree with you that it speaks volumes at just how poor Bellerin is that hes been out performed by 3 players who arent natural RBs.

I can see us making the Soares deal permanent as Arteta obviously doesnt think much of either AMN or Bellerin and it gets an instaant upgrade on Bellerin.

Last edited: May 19, 2020

#254 Well-Known Member

I'd be gutted if those two were our only signings. I think an RB must be prioritised too since Ainsley isn't interested in playing there.

20. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Could Never Wifey An Opp Thot

You don't know any of the players on a personal level.