• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Body Falling Apartey

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
There's no denying he's excellent on his day. I personally just don't think he's world class and in the bracket with the Busquets/Casemiros/Pirlos of the world. But today is not the day to debate it. He and the team in general were amazing.

Let's see how long it lasts.

Partey has been excellent this season but the idea that he's amongst the best DMs in the world is...eh...to be seen.

But long may this form continue, and I'll be a pleasantly surprised gooner.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Partey has been excellent this season but the idea that he's amongst the best DMs in the world is...eh...to be seen.

Yeah I agree pretty much 100%, let's see him stay injury free for most of the season and then we can judge better.

Was excellent today though, especially in that 2nd half but the key is consistently putting out these performances.

blrgooner

Established Member
Struggled defensively in the first half a bit but was a boss in the 2nd half today. Absolutely brilliant. Hope he keeps up this form and stays injury free.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Thought he was excellent again today, 3rd best player on the pitch after Martinelli and Tomi.

Single-handedly nullified Liverpool’s midfield in the second half. Great tackles, passing and won a fair share of headers too. He’s got a bit of everything a midfielder needs. There aren’t many DM’s I’d swap him for- and that includes Fabinho.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Great performance. At one stage hit 2 dodgy passes in a row and I remember thinking "uh oh, Bad Thomas has been Activated!!" but was phenomenal after that.

Love his pass selection yesterday, spraying the ball around like a prime Dan Marino.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Still can’t believe you lot though Rice was better lmao this forum is something else.

I don't think you understand the concept of independently assessing the performance of Partey objectively in a single game or collection of games while at the same time still preferring Rice for both the present and the future of the football club. Its not a hard concept so its not a surprise its beyond you.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Still can’t believe you lot though Rice was better lmao this forum is something else.
It is funny our team collapses last year as soon as he goes down and this year our only loss comes when he doesn’t play but somehow people think I am crazy for saying WHEN healthy I think he is world class as a 6. People don’t pay 55 million for a number 6 unless you got world class potential not even Edu is that off with his valuation of ability.
His problem is he is a guy who can only physically play 60 to 70 percent of the time. Still 70 percent show up rate for Partey is better than most guys we could get playing all year. The single most valuable player on team and he plays as a 6 not a keeper or striker. That is how big his influence is we got no Partey we struggle to play Artetaball 2.0 at levels we witnessed last 2 matches. If I could pick one player on entire team to have 100 percent healthy it would be Thomas the Dictator.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Along with our CB's, he and Xhaka got split for the Liverpool goals. That aside, when they dared to get near our box, he was there clearing the ball. Alone or with company he was a force in the midfield and I don't even think that was his best performance.

Legend14

Established Member
It is funny our team collapses last year as soon as he goes down and this year our only loss comes when he doesn’t play but somehow people think I am crazy for saying WHEN healthy I think he is world class as a 6. People don’t pay 55 million for a number 6 unless you got world class potential not even Edu is that off with his valuation of ability.
His problem is he is a guy who can only physically play 60 to 70 percent of the time. Still 70 percent show up rate for Partey is better than most guys we could get playing all year. The single most valuable player on team and he plays as a 6 not a keeper or striker. That is how big his influence is we got no Partey we struggle to play Artetaball 2.0 at levels we witnessed last 2 matches. If I could pick one player on entire team to have 100 percent healthy it would be Thomas the Dictator.
I’d be interested in knowing which players in football can do all that he does. It could only be a handful at most. Given his all around game, I am not sure how he is not world class. I think his injury record is limiting his accolades, but thats about it.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Great performance. At one stage hit 2 dodgy passes in a row and I remember thinking "uh oh, Bad Thomas has been Activated!!" but was phenomenal after that.

Love his pass selection yesterday, spraying the ball around like a prime Dan Marino.
He was hanging on a bit in the first half. Liverpool controlled the game really well after falling behind and I felt we dropped a little too deep. Second half he was a monster. Been really impressed with him these past 2 games.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Regardless of how good you think he is, his injury woes and lack of big medals means you can't compare him to the best right now in Rodri and Fabinho...they have just achieved too much compared to him, and didn't get crocked when their teams needed them either.

The trophies you win and the part you play to get them should matter, imo.

As a good as he is, imagine comparing him to our World Cup winning Invincible DM in Gilberto Silva... he's just not produced consistently at that level.

He still has time and the talent but needs to stay fit and be apart of some major silverware, to be compared to the best midfielders for me.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

A man's man! He is a proper footballer!

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Regardless of how good you think he is, his injury woes and lack of big medals means you can't compare him to the best right now in Rodri and Fabinho...they have just achieved too much compared to him, and didn't get crocked when their teams needed them either.

As a good as he is, imagine comparing him to our World Cup winning Invincible DM in Gilberto Silva... he's just not produced consistently at that level.

He still has time and the talent but needs to stay fit and be apart of some major silverware, to be compared to the best midfielders for me.
Come on mate, he plays for ****ing Ghana! Haaland isn't even in the WC and he will never, ever win it. Doesn't make him a worse striker, does it.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz

International success is totally overrated in my opinion in judging a footballer. I think Thomas will win some trophies he ain’t that old. A couple of successful seasons that narrative flips. I actually think team success doesn’t determine whether you are world class as an individual player; if that is the standard then Sp**s have not had a world class player since 1961

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom