• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Think it was Redknapp who nailed my own thoughts. He isn't a 6 or an 8 or an offensive or defensive midfielder. He just doesn't sit in front of the back 4.

My own sentiments so far he is just a fantastic midfield player a throw back to the Vieira and Keanes where in a midfield 2 they had to be at least good in everything.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Superb display. He’s just excellent at everything. Because his physical attributes are so striking, you sometimes forget how fantastic his passing is. Those 30 yard diagonal switches were a thing of beauty. Also clipped a few cute passes with the outside of his foot.

The kind of midfield you want in your team in big games. Made Pogba look like a competition winner.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Got half way through and had to change my pants... Vieira-esque. He's a ****ing machine.

That moment he took the ball down on his thigh, killed it with his studs, then caressed it forward to Saka using the outside of his foot - all without breaking stride, was utterly breathtaking.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Listening to Arsène on Tuesday Club he spoke about Vieira wanting to only move forward with the ball and that's what Partey reminds me of. Just want to go forward and make things happen.

That was a good interview

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That moment he took the ball down on his thigh, killed it with his studs, then caressed it forward to Saka using the outside of his foot - all without breaking stride, was utterly breathtaking.
Yeah that stood out. Just an effortless chain of movements. He drives it low, shovels it, scoops it... The full array of ways from A to B with efficiency.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

To think we had to wait 12 grueling years to replace Gilberto. I'm happy that our patience has been greatly rewarded. Fantastic addition & a coup of a signing for us :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001
Top Bottom