• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey

Do you think Partey will sign for Arsenal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Oh, can't say I realised this. Is it dumb to suggest that we could already be a few steps into the process because we know we'll pay it regardless to make things quicker or nah?

I just wanna believe A+P.

I’d wager not, because that would probably mean we’ve already paid 50M up front to some lawyer representing Thomas.

The other reason it’s tricky is because the buying club won’t just have 50M lying around in spare change, there’s a whole mountain of work involving banks and insurance seen as you’re transferring it to someone else that isn’t there when buying players normally.

Obviously the Aouar deal right now should be the priority but if we’re not hearing serious noise about Partey getting done by the final week I’d be shocked if it happens.

Pyres7

I'm doubtful too, especially because we haven't managed to generate much from player sales so far. Looks like we're keeping AMN and Holding, and nobody seems that keen on Guendouzi. We could really use a loan from Kroenke right now...

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I’d wager not, because that would probably mean we’ve already paid 50M up front to some lawyer representing Thomas.

The other reason it’s tricky is because the buying club won’t just have 50M lying around in spare change, there’s a whole mountain of work involving banks and insurance seen as you’re transferring it to someone else that isn’t there when buying players normally.

Obviously the Aouar deal right now should be the priority but if we’re not hearing serious noise about Partey getting done by the final week I’d be shocked if it happens.

Yeah makes sense really. But I'd like to think had we known we'll do this transfer regardless then we'll have a plan in place so we don't miss out on the transfer. Again, this is assuming Arsenal have the money and actually want the player.

PressResistance

Martinez, Kola, Sokratis, Greenwood, Torreira sales have to cover for one of A&P. We've already put a bid in without the sales and mind you, already signed Gabriel, Willian, Mari, Soares and Ceballos.

Pretty sure we can bite the bullet and take a bit of a risk because Gabriel and Aouar certainly get paid off in installments, Partey is the harder one because we have, as per Atletico, put up the exact whole RC fee upfront or shut up. One has to remember next year we get rid of Özil, Mustafi, Sokratis, Kola and some others anyway, so that will surely ease the financial burden on the club. Özil's yearly wage probably pays you Pepe's yearly fee.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Yes it's sound very complicated if you not really rich and want throw money around. Aouar is easier at the moment because it's like any normal signing. We'll see what will happen but if we short in money i doubt we'll throw 50m

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Martinez, Kola, Sokratis, Greenwood, Torreira sales have to cover for one of A&P. We've already put a bid in without the sales and mind you, already signed Gabriel, Willian, Mari, Soares and Ceballos.

Pretty sure we can bite the bullet and take a bit of a risk because Gabriel and Aouar certainly get paid off in installments, Partey is the harder one because we have, as per Atletico, put up the exact whole RC fee upfront or shut up. One has to remember next year we get rid of Özil, Mustafi, Sokratis, Kola and some others anyway, so that will surely ease the financial burden on the club. Özil's yearly wage probably pays you Pepe's yearly fee.

I'm not sure what our starting budget was. It increased due to EL qualification, also restructuring of the loan. Gabriel as you say will be instalments, Willian & Cedric free, Ceballos loan. Even with just Martinez money we must have enough to buy one of A & P. Another problem is Non HG spaces, I think Elneny may have to go along with Torreira, Kola & Sok if we want to bring 2 NHG's in.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I'm not sure what our starting budget was. It increased due to EL qualification, also restructuring of the loan. Gabriel as you say will be instalments, Willian & Cedric free, Ceballos loan. Even with just Martinez money we must have enough to buy one of A & P. Another problem is Non HG spaces, I think Elneny may have to go along with Torreira, Kola & Sok if we want to bring 2 NHG's in.

Gabriel deal was sealed and we bid £32M after for Aouar.

I'd say our initial budget is probably 50-60M. Like a normal season, if Stan didn't restructure the loan and we didn't make EL things would've been so different and we'd be struggling massively.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I'd say our initial budget is probably 50-60M. Like a normal season, if Stan didn't restructure the loan and we didn't make EL things would've been so different and we'd be struggling massively.

I listened to a podcast from some finance expert who spoke about the loan restructure and it literally doesn't effect transfers in anyway.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Ah Stan, what a man! :lol:

Yeah so with Martinez £20m we should have enough for one of Aouar or Partey.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I listened to a podcast from some finance expert who spoke about the loan restructure and it literally doesn't effect transfers in anyway.

What if it affects other things, so we don't have to use our transfer budget there?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Not directly no. But the £36M that had to stay ring fenced no longer has to be ring fenced. So the £36M cash can be used within the club, wether that's for wages or other things. Overall because we are self sustained it will naturally filter down and allow you to spend more on transfers.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

What if it affects other things, so we don't have to use our transfer budget there?
Not directly no. But the £36M that had to stay ring fenced no longer has to be ring fenced. So the £36M cash can be used within the club, wether that's for wages or other things. Overall because we are self sustained it will naturally filter down and allow you to spend more on transfers.

I don't have the details, but the overall conclusion was that while this is a good thing, it simply wouldn't give us more or less to spend on players/wages/transfers - directly/non directly.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I don't have the details, but the overall conclusion was that while this is a good thing, it simply wouldn't give us more or less to spend on players/wages/transfers - directly/non directly.

Swiss Ramble and Le Grove both said the £36M cash that had to sit there without being used can now be used, but nobody knew what it would be used for. So it would allow us to use that within the club if needed for whatever reason.

We won't know how the loan affected us until the next financials tbh.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If I had to guess i'd say that by the end of the transfer window it will emerge that Partey was the club's longstanding target and a deal was being driven by Sanllehi and Cagigao, and that Aouar was a target driven by Arteta. There was strong interest in Partey but when Sanllehi and Cagigao left the club Aouar then became the primary target and the one we ended up with, and while we would have liked both it was ultimately only possible to do one.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If I had to guess i'd say that by the end of the transfer window it will emerge that Partey was the club's longstanding target and a deal was being driven by Sanllehi and Cagigao, and that Aouar was a target driven by Arteta. There was strong interest in Partey but when Sanllehi and Cagigao left the club Aouar then became the primary target and the one we ended up with, and while we would have liked both it was ultimately only possible to do one.

No.

Arteta has already said he wants an athletic, strong, midfielder in his team a few months back. Wouldn't make any sense.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Genuinely agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom