• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tonny Sanabria

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20131127/fc-barcelona/el-arsenal-toma-ventaja-en-el-fichaje-de-sanabria_54394906522.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20131127/ ... 06522.html</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Arsenal takes lead in signing Sanabria

Miguel Rico 27/11/2013 9:04
Negotiators spent the last round today to try to retain Tonny Sanabria (17), the Paraguayan striker - and internationally all - with that continuity is negotiated before he has received offers from Roma and Arsenal. An ultimatum situation in which the club for disadvantaged known, not comfortable.
And it's true. Raúl Verdú - player representative - will sit at the table with the best cards in the game. Arsenal Arsène Wenger has a strong commitment, economic and athletically, by Sanabria and Barcelona can hardly meet expectations without skipping two big rules his Decalogue.
The idea of ​​the club has not changed much compared to the last meeting. The philosophy of the club including the players, but then lose money, bet handsomely for wanting to play at Barca. A trance for which they have been many, but that seems to happen Sanabria. London beckons and likes the idea.

thedon5

Sanabria in, Afobe out. In, out, in, out, shake it all about. You improve your young strikers and you turn around, that's what it's all about.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Toni Sanabria: a hot potato
Written by: SaviMarquez

FC Barcelona has a hot potato in its hands in the form of Arnaldo Antonio Sanabria. The 17 year-old Paraguayan forward, who made his full international debut earlier this year, has expressed a desire to leave Barça in order to make this next step in his career, according to his agent Raul Verdú. The problem is that ‘Toni’ is of the most talented, if not the most talented players at La Masia. Losing him would be a tough blow, but the club cannot alter its policies just for one player.

Just like other jewels in the youth setup, Sanabria has received many tempting offers from abroad. It is rumoured that both Arsenal and Roma are courting him. The two clubs are more than willing to pay his €3 million release clause during the winter transfer window, or even wait for his contract to expire, taking him for free in the summer of 2015. The offers of these teams always have common elements: wages with more zeros, and promises of instant incorporation into the first team.

Barcelona cannot make any of these promises, because apart from upsetting other players in the youth setup, it would also undermine the club’s current policies regarding youth development. Exceptions or vague promises cannot be made, even in the case that a player is remarkably talented. It is not possible to have every new talent promoted to the first team, for that would take the squad numbers over 30, something quite undesirable on an economic level.

One thing is certain: the club has faith in Sanabria. Barça manager and former Paraguayan national team coach Gerardo ‘Tata’ Martino has paid specific attention to the matter and met with both the player and his family to discuss the issue. Barça is expected to present the player with a new, improved offer on Wednesday in a meeting between sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta and Verdú.

His coach at Juvenil A, Jordi Vinyals, gave his view on the subject earlier today, in the pre-match press conference for the Ajax-Barcelona match in the UEFA Youth League.

“I’m not the person to talk to about Toni because this is an issue that concerns the club and I’m sure it’s being dealt with in the best possible manner,” Vinyals noted, adding, “Now Toni has to decide, and I know that he will feel badly if he leaves.”

“In pure footballing terms, him leaving is wrong, but I hope that his decision is to stay.” However, the coach made it very clear that, no matter how the story ends, “I will give Toni my full support.”

It will be pretty interesting to see how this story unfolds, especially because Sanabria has been playing really well this year for both Barça B and Juveníl A. Someone could quite understandably argue that he deserved a first team call-up more than Jean Marie Dongou, who has scored no goals so far in the Liga Adelante. Either way, it will be a shame to lose a player who might be turned into a decent number ’9′, especially now that this is one of Tata’s desires
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.totalbarca.com/2013/news/toni-sanabria-a-hot-potato/#ixzz2ls9hR3Oj" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.totalbarca.com/2013/news/ton ... z2ls9hR3Oj</a>

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
@MessiMinutes 32s
According to @MigRico in tomorrow's Mundo Deportivo, Arsenal are very close to signing Barcelona youngester Toni Sanabria.
Sanabria is a WC talent, he will go straight into our first team.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
jmsmtthw28 said:
@MessiMinutes 32s
According to @MigRico in tomorrow's Mundo Deportivo, Arsenal are very close to signing Barcelona youngester Toni Sanabria.

I hope this is true. With Sanogo and Afobe crocked he'd immediately be behind only Bendtner if he came here in January.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Thx jmsmtthw28 if wenger wanting him then he must be a good talented player.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Ive seen a bit of this kid we could have a possible Anelka level talent in our hands if we can pull this off, and he would be fast tracked into the first team nothing but positives in this for him and us ...

cannonade

Established Member
jmsmtthw28 said:
@MessiMinutes 32s
Would be a terrific signing for the future or near future. Kid can really strike the ball. Hope we get him!

ASAP Berg

Established Member
I really like that young african/french striker I think from Barcelona Dongo he reminds me of Anelka a lot more. So fast and decisive.

thedon5

cannonade said:

OK, well I knew he was good but that is on another level when you consider he's 17. If you compare him to someone like Akpom, Sanabria seems to have a lot more in his locker from my short look at him. I'm an Akpom fan too so it shows how good Sanabria could be if we can expect that sort of thing on a regular basis.

Buhry

Established Member

evil-plotting-raccoon-meme-generator-good-good-3c890d.jpg

Hope this is true, signing exiting young talent is never a bad thing. Especially from the Barca academy, one of these days will hit another goldmine there!

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dwjVha7JHY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dwjVha7JHY</a>

Definitely better than Akpom.

Goon_si

I remmember a year or two ago, I was quite annoyed that we didn't have any top talent prospects at the striker position. Then Akpom started playing very well, I really like him for the future, with combination of height and skill.

To get Sanabria would be massive! Akpom - Sanabria is an amazing duo to own going forward. It's about time one of our young strikers cracks the 1st team, and one of those two might just make it.

Sanabria get in!

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
heres him in action for paraguay top top talent really hope he comes, that miguel medina kid doesn't look too shabby either <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj5GjUWVSeA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj5GjUWVSeA</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom