• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Tonny Sanabria

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
:evil:
amirkat said:
MutableEarth said:
Guy sounds like a prospect and a half!

Feel a bit sorry for Akpom though, first Sanogo and Bendtner's return, now this lol. Thought he'd be the one to make it - he's also still very talented.

Akpom? What about Afobe! Yeah, he's been injured but I was hoping he'd get minutes this season.

This kid sounds like a coup btw.

Bolton fans considered Afobe useless, he isn't making it here

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sanabria should be our 3rd choice not 2nd, being backup to Giroud is too much pressure on a 17yr old kid.
Sanogo could be no.2 in January but that depends on his fitness and whether or not we get a ST in January

Buhry

Established Member

ArsenesNO1Fan said:
cannonade said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
What would a signing like this mean to our chances of getting a top striker? If we get a top striker this guy and Sanogo pretty much get no development chances. If we don't we're reliant on youths as back up who may not make it.

As we're promising him first team action, I don't think that leaves space for another striker.
Good question. It's all hypothetical at this point, but my theory is that this kid is good enough to step into the first team and will jump ahead of the other mentioned players. We wouldn't sign another big name striker in January and would use Theo, Pods, Bendt to give Giroud a blow, as Tonny gets acclimated. I think this kid would be the new striker signing for the present and future---if we sign him. Seems like a Wenger move.

The kid would have to be the level Anelka was when he signed for that to work.

jmsmtthw28 said:
Wenger should still look for a ST in January even if we get Sanabria, hopefully we will find a good player on loan in January.

But would he because then he wouldn't be able to give Sanabria the miniutes he promised him. Unless Sanabria is happy being a 3rd choice bench player.

He's not even a starter for Barca B from what I've read, being 3rd choice striker for us would be a big step up really.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
Sydney Gooner said:
Must mean he idolizes RvP. Not a bad footballer to base your game around.

Not really, he's suggesting he idolises Van Judas because he still performs despite being hated

The Escaped Ape

So he's made his international debut, but has he appeared enough to get us past work permit issues? I don't much point in buying a promising young talent if he's going to spend 2-3 seasons on loan to a La Liga side and end up signing for a team in Spain when his contract with us runs out.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Work permit wont be a problem, he'll come under Special talent category.

Buhry said:
He's not even a starter for Barca B from what I've read, being 3rd choice striker for us would be a big step up really.
This might explain a few things

The B team suffered offensively for quit some time ,If I am not mistaken we had 8 of 9 consecutive goalless games stretch ,remember Sanabria is actually widely regarded better than Sandro ,Dongue has been with Barca B for sometime and he failed to develop (back to bad coaching point)
Munir is older than him and has been always playing older than any "hyped"prospect in the youth system ,and hey there is a reason teams like Arsenal and Roma wants him over the likes of Munir and Dongou
And lastly you have to look at it from the player own perspective ,players always overrate themselves a little ,always look for their own best

I don't think Dongou has failed to develop, his overall play is really good, it's just that the team does not make quick decisions when in possession due to bad coaching from Eusebio, they create very few chances for the strikers.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/11535-Antonio-Sanabria/page2?s=5a788ebf90e5e18291073a984edbfb9e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.ph ... 984edbfb9e</a>

amirkat

Established Member
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
:evil:
amirkat said:
MutableEarth said:
Guy sounds like a prospect and a half!

Feel a bit sorry for Akpom though, first Sanogo and Bendtner's return, now this lol. Thought he'd be the one to make it - he's also still very talented.

Akpom? What about Afobe! Yeah, he's been injured but I was hoping he'd get minutes this season.

This kid sounds like a coup btw.

Deserves a run out at least before moving on. Not like we're blessed with strikers.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Afobe is just not good enough to be in the first team, Akpom/Sanogo are ahead of Afobe in my opinion

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Afobe had any chance of making it in the first team he wouldn't be on loan right now. He's just another player that got hyped to soon shame considered Pat Rice thought he was one of the best young players he'd ever seen.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Afobes not on loan, he's in the reserves after a long lay off due to injurie but regardless he definetly not good enough for the first team, he's failed to develope any of his core game attributes being the main thing he had going for him in his age group was his size

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
amirkat said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:

Deserves a run out at least before moving on. Not like we're blessed with strikers.

So someone not good enough for Bolton deserves a run out? Can I have a run out, I mean I'm not any good but it's not like we're blessed with strikers, obviously everyone deserves a shot

truth_hurts said:
Wasn't Afobe on Barca's radar at 16? he must have something about him.

He was just bigger and quicker than players his own age so stood out as a top youth player. Technically he wasn't great and when his size/speed was no longer of stand out quality he looks average at best.

amirkat

Established Member
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
amirkat said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:

So someone not good enough for Bolton deserves a run out? Can I have a run out, I mean I'm not any good but it's not like we're blessed with strikers, obviously everyone deserves a shot

:roll:

Not everyone, just those who have a contract at Arsenal. You have one do you? He's barely 20 and his career has been littered with injuries. If he can find his feet with the reserves then yes he should at least reach the first team bench at some point this season before being shipped off.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
According to Sport.es Sanabria has rejected Barcelona's final offer of a three year deal and is now poised to join Roma.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
amirkat said:
Not everyone, just those who have a contract at Arsenal. You have one do you? He's barely 20 and his career has been littered with injuries. If he can find his feet with the reserves then yes he should at least reach the first team bench at some point this season before being shipped off.

Why? If Wenger doesn't think he's good enough for the bench then why should he?

We have Podolski and Walcott and Bendtner who are all better.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Sydney Gooner said:
According to Sport.es Sanabria has rejected Barcelona's final offer of a three year deal and is now poised to join Roma.

First Bojan now Sanabria, they're taking over from us for poaching young Barca talent.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
cannonade said:
Guess Wenger wasn't into him after all. Oh well....

Not quite.

Sport.es are now reporting that Wenger has talked with his father and is ready to increase our offer. We're also ready to pull our **** (Law) out to speed up the paper work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom