• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

U-21 European Championship.

Mostarac

Established Member
Tavano and Suazo are excellent strikers, it will not be surprising if Tavano gets selected for Italy`s World Cup squad. Pasqual has been one of Fiorentina`s best players this season, his corners and free-kicks are very importnant for Fiorentina. Juventus have bought 50% of Pasqual, while Fiorentina own the other 50%. That means that there will be discussions over Pasqual between the two big rivals. Semioli and Obinna are importnant for Chievo, but I rate Semioli higher because Obinna is much more inconsistent. But, Tissone looks impressive, he has played a bit for Udinese in 2006, and has even scored for them in the UEFA-Cup. As for Foggia, he has probably been Ascoli`s best player this season along with their goalkeeper Coppola. If Foggia continues to develop, I expect him to be in Italy`s squad for the European Championship in 2008.

Mostarac

Established Member
Look at the link below, TalentScout. There you will find the biggest talents in Italian football today. Look out for Canini, Dessena, Missiroli, Pisano, Mirante, Asamoah(will probably be selected in Ghana`s sqaud for the World Cup), Floccari and Galloppa. Galloppa is very impressive, and is already one of the best players in Serie B with Triestina. Floccari has already scored several goals for Messina in Serie A this season.

http://www.solocalcio.com/03/emergenti.htm

A

Anonymous

yeh i know pretty much all of them but was wondering where salvatore foti is?

A

Anonymous

i also feel , Raffaele Schiavi will have a big future, he plays for lecce , centre back

Any chance of any English-based players getting in the squad? e.g Pique, Rossi, Lupoli...

P.S How many other Italians can you think of playing the Premiership - I embarassingly can't get any...quite intersting

Mostarac

Established Member
Lupoli is not good enough right now actually, Pique is Spanish. But, Rossi has an offer from Gentile to play for Italy`s U-21 national team.

Think Holland has also a good chance of winning it, this is the list of players which are preselected. These are 60 players, but the final selection will be known when Marco van Basten has also picked his 23 names for the World Cup. By the way, it is a selection for 2 tournaments. There will be a team going to the Eurpean Championship and a team the tournament of Toulon.

The preselection of Young Orange / Olympic squad:

Ferne Snoyl (Aberdeen FC), Eljero Elia (ADO Den Haag), Kenneth Vermeer, John Heitinga*, Urby Emanuelson, Robbert Schilder, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar*, Ryan Babel, Michael Timisela, Jeffrey Sarpong (allen Ajax), Stijn Schaars*, Demy de Zeeuw*, Haris Medunjanin, Job Bulters, Kees Luyckx, Jermaine Lens, Willy Overtoom (allen AZ), Daniel de Ridder* (Celta de Vigo), Mark Otten, Luigi Bruins (beiden Excelsior), Michel Vorm*, Prince Rajcomar (beiden FC Den Bosch), Otman Bakkal, Tim Janssen (beiden FC Eindhoven), Gijs Luirink*, Arnold Kruiswijk* (beiden FC Groningen), Beau Molenaar (FC Omniworld), Remko Pasveer*, Ramon Zomer*, Wout Brama, Patrick Gerritsen (allen FC Twente), Dwight Tiendalli, Nassir Maachi, Edson Braafheid*, Rick Kruys (allen FC Utrecht), Ron Vlaar, Nicky Hofs*, Romeo Castelen*, Royston Drenthe, Lorenzo Davids, Jeffrey Altheer (allen Feyenoord), Collins John (Fulham), Joas Siahaija, Steef Nieuwendaal (beiden MVV), Julian Jenner*, Evander Sno (beiden NAC Breda), Tim Krul (Newcastle United), Ismail Aissati, Roy Beerens, Ibrahim Afellay (allen PSV), Dustley Mulder, Danny Mathijssen*, Gianni Zuiverloon (allen RKC Waalwijk), Jeroen Drost, Henrico Drost (beiden sc Heerenveen), Marvin Emnes (Sparta Rotterdam), Quincy Owusu-Abeyie (Spartak Moskou), Paul Verhaegh* (Vitesse), Jens Janse, Kemy Agustien, Frank van der Struijk (allen Willem II).

* These players won't be in the Olympic squad which will be going to the tournament of Toulon, because there are too old

A

Anonymous

Ismail Aissati , now he is a player to watch out for .

thanks for the confirmation of the list mate

Mostarac

Established Member
With all due respect, I do not think that Holland will win this tournament. Their squad is not as strong as some of the others, and there are just too many quality teams competing. For example, 18 of those players in Italy`s squad are playing regularly for their clubs, looking at the players in Holland`s squad, it is clear that most of them are not playing regularly.

Mostarac

Established Member
There are som very talented players here(besides those mentioned by YeahBee), players such as Pouplin, Aubey, Berthod, Clerc, Clichy, Sagna, Faubert and Briand.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
ExiledInNewcastle said:
Christ some of these guys will be too old to come to Arsenal...

Lets hope that Wenger realises that we don't have all the time in the world and signs people atleast over 21 for next season, I would be happy with just one guy that walked straight into the starting XI

Mostarac said:
With all due respect, I do not think that Holland will win this tournament. Their squad is not as strong as some of the others, and there are just too many quality teams competing. For example, 18 of those players in Italy`s squad are playing regularly for their clubs, looking at the players in Holland`s squad, it is clear that most of them are not playing regularly.

you couldn't be more off.

the majority of those players are playing reguarly for their club,

and in the case of

klaas jan huntelaar (ajax), ryan babel (ajax), john heitinga (ajax), urby emanuelson (ajax)

ron vlaar (feyenoord), romeo castelen (feyenoord) & nicky hofs (feyenoord) to a lesser extent are even considered for the senior dutch squad and may as well be in the world cup squad.

and if you haven't noticed, the list pieter has posted has 61 players there.

take the lesser names off and i'm sure that you'll see a group of players as good as italy's.

how many of those italy youngsters can say that they have played in the champions league this year and the year before like the psv and ajax players in holland's squad?

take also into consideration that off the european teams that have played in the youth world cup (U20's) last year: germany, italy and holland, will probably have more or less the same players available.

and that holland did looked the better team of all european teams including spain, i would say that holland may well be the clear favourites for this tournament.

Mostarac

Established Member
First of all, Huntelaar, Babel, Heitinga, Castelen and Vlaar will probably not be playing this tournament if they get selected for the World Cup. Second of all, exactly how many of those 61 mentioned are playing regularly for their clubs? Third of all, young Italian players are not given a chance as much as the Dutch talents are by their clubs, which means that most of them do not get the chance to play in the Champions League. That is understandable as the Italian top-teams have much bigger stars and are much stronger than the Dutch top-clubs, as a result it is difficult for the younger Italian players who are playing for top-clubs. By the way, below is Italy`s squad for this tournament. Almost 22 of those 24 players who are selected are playing regularly for their clubs. The best players in this squad are Agliardi, Aquilani, Bovo, Bianchi, Canini, Chiellini, Coda, Curci, Donadel, Montolivo, Foggia, Palladino, Rosina, Scurto, Potenza and Pazzini. Of the players mentioned, Aquilani, Chiellini, Donadel, Montolivo, Foggia, Palladino, Scurto and Pazzini are the "stars" in the team. Italy will probably play like this: Agliardi, Bovo, Scurto, Coda, Chiellini, Foggia, Donadel, Montolivo, Aquilani, Palladino and Pazzini. Aquilani or Montolivo will probably play the same role Totti has for Italy and Roma, the fantasista position which means that Aquilani or Montolivo will play right behind the strikers, the one of the two which does not get to play that role, will drop down to central midfield with Donadel.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_ ... ay12i.html

please tell me my dear friend where are those players you've mentioned that play for said top clubs? if they don't play for ac milan, juve or inter etc. than they obviously can't feature in the champion's league.

:roll:

and like i said before, the dutch team looked far more convincing in last year's youth world cup than their italian counterparts so for you to say that italy have a better squad just because you think you know a lil' thing about italian football is ludicris. ;)

i would say they are on a par in terms of quality, but the dutch are far more talented and it will show later on when the tournament starts.

Mostarac

Established Member
d gorgeous one haz spoken said:
please tell me my dear friend where are those players you've mentioned that play for said top clubs? if they don't play for ac milan, juve or inter etc. than they obviously can't feature in the champion's league.
:roll:
and like i said before, the dutch team looked far more convincing in last year's youth world cup than their italian counterparts so for you to say that italy have a better squad just because you think you know a lil' thing about italian football is ludicris. ;)
i would say they are on a par in terms of quality, but the dutch are far more talented and it will show later on when the tournament starts.

Most of those players are owned by the top-clubs, as to why they are loaned out to smaller clubs, read what I said earlier. As for this tournament, lets wait and see who performs better.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom