• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL - Olympiacos Vs Arsenal |6 Dec 2011@1945

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibby

Established Member
No one even half important travels for this. This includes Pat Rice.

If Arsenal were ever to do a "become an Arsenal manager for a day" type day where a fan becomes a manager, this game would be a perfect opportunity. That is how little a care about this particular game.

Klopp and UEFA can go **** themselves if they complain. We've earned the right.

Vela

Established Member
----------Fabianski
Yennaris--JD---Squillaci--Miquel
------Coquelin--Frimpong
Chamberlain-Arshavin---Yossi
-----------Chamakh/Park

Bench - Mannone, Meade, Boateng, Eastmond, Ozyakup, Rosicky (if fit), Chamakh/Park, Murphy

Reserves on the bench.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Probably going to be similar to the citeh game of midweek, minus Kos. I think it'l be tough game still, Olympiacos can still qualify and will know that we wont be bringing the big guns, so im convinced they will make life as hard for us as possible.

But its a good chance for players to show more of themselves, maybe Chamakh will even score?

Kain

Established Member
Need some of the confidence from the squad in recent weeks to rub off on whoever we have starting as striker.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
I have this funny feeling that we'll see Chamakh and Park upfront again. It really is a shame.

Gunner_JT

Really don't care if we win, lose or draw. Let's just get the young'ns to show what they can do ie AOC, Coq and Frimpong. Although I do wonder what Dortmund will have to say about us fielding a weaker side.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Dortmund need to worry about their own game against Marseilles.. if they dont win, they have no shot, and they would have to beat them by a number of goals at that (they are 5 goals behind in GD to Olympiakos)

they have virtually no chance anyway.. and they got spanked the first time they played Marseilles (who will also be playing for qualification)

mistaT

Established Member
Re: UCL - Olympiacos Vs Arsenal |6 Dec 2011|19:45PM

Kroket said:
Olympiakos have been playing well so far and a win would put them through, think we'll struggle here. The atmosphere will most likely be very intense as well, should be an excellent test for some of the fringe players.

Have to agree - I could see a 2-1 or 1-0 Olympiakos win.

The team will be pieced together and while I don't doubt the hunger/desire will be there, I think we'll look disjointed and struggle to maintain possession.

Regardless - be a great place to analyze how far along Frimpong and Coueqlin are as they'll both be in the thick of it.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
A great opportunity to play the B team, reserves, young 'uns and play them in a very intense game to gain match experience. The CC match against City was a great opportunity and this game should be also. Olympiacos F.C are desperate to qualify and a win will see them through if Marseille don't win in Dortmund. I fancy Dortmund to turn over Marseille at home and think Olympiacos should beat our 2nd string so I can see our opponents reaching the knockout stages.

Our team will no doubt be similar to the one that started the Carling Cup match recently. Hopefully Rosicky is fit as he needs game time and he will add some experience and creativity to the team. I hope we can get a result as it would be a real boost for team morale but fear that the circumstances around this game point to a home win.

I am sure whatever team we have out there will make a game of it and hopefully Park/Chamakh will score!

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Re: UCL - Olympiacos Vs Arsenal |6 Dec 2011|19:45PM

ricky1985 said:
Armor for Sleep said:
This is on ITV apparently. Strange considering that this is a dead rubber while Chelsea could get knocked out.
It's on Sky Sports 4, mate.

ITV only show games on a Wednesday night.

Good thinking, forgot that. Arsenal.com have it on their site as being on ITV but as you say they don't show games on Tuesday.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/fixtures/fixtures-reports" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/fixtures/fixtures-reports</a>

fabo

6.51 / 10
Will be a great chance for some of the youngsters to impress, actually I'm more concerned about certain experienced players doing their job to the level required, namely Arshavin, Chamakh, Park.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Shame the Ryo is injured and is missing out on all these opportunities to show Arsenal fans what he can do. Any ETA on when he'll be back?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

This will be a great CL week , no pressure on us our 2nd string get a chance to prove themselves plus we get to sit back and watch some crunch matches , Bayern v City will be a cracker.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
celestis said:
This will be a great CL week , no pressure on us our 2nd string get a chance to prove themselves plus we get to sit back and watch some crunch matches , Bayern v City will be a cracker.

As will Chelsea vs Valencia.

I imagine Basle vs MANU could get quite tense also!

ebouenolike

Established Member
GOONER1991 said:
Shame the Ryo is injured and is missing out on all these opportunities to show Arsenal fans what he can do. Any ETA on when he'll be back?

Genuinely frustrating. Ditto for Jenkinson. Though we have been lucky to see Le Coq, Frimpong and The Ox.

Wish Afobe hadn't got injured too, this match in Greece (like 09) is a huge opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom