• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL - Olympiacos Vs Arsenal |6 Dec 2011@1945

Status
Not open for further replies.

gstew

Apart from Miquel and AOC, I thought everyone was absolutely atrocious. When we made it 2-1 I was hoping that we would not be rewarded with a point. One of the only times I have ever rooted against Arsenal. With the lack of effort and the idiotic/casual passing at the back, if we got something from this game it would have been a complete travesty. Even TV was poor.

The worst offenders:
Fabianski - Is an inspirational figure........for the opponents!
Mannone - Dastardly!!
Djourou - Worst game in an Arsenal shirt!
Squid - Total embarrassment!
Arshavin - Tried hard once the entire game!
Frimpong - Completely brain dead!
Chamakh - I can no longer defend him!

Jbruin

Established Member
1macca1 said:
Jbruin said:
Kain said:
He's done at the top level, but most on the forum have said & voted they want to keep him here in that Rosicky thread. Bemusing.
I thought he did well when he came on, looked really lively created a few goal scoring opportunities, good passing and movement and injected some life into the team, if he can keep putting performances like that in I'd gladly keep him as a squad player.
Wenger was pissed off at him when he just kicked it out for a throw (over Miquel's head) when he had time in the centre of the pitch.
wenger_1158606a.jpg

I didn't see it.

morpho

Established Member
THunter said:
kain said:
He's done at the top level, but most on the forum have said & voted they want to keep him here in that Rosicky thread. Bemusing.
Thank **** somebody else see's it. People go on about Diaby being a waste of space (fair enough they have a point) but then go on to ignore this waster. He's up there with Arshavin, Squillaci and Chamakh for me.
then you dont understand the concept of squad players...

fabo

6.51 / 10
Wenger mustn't think Park can lead the line, that whole situation is baffling. Waste of a squad space.

Kain

Established Member
redwhiteAustrian said:
Well, I'm just glad I'm not going to have to respond to any sort of claims from BVB Fans when it comes to Wenger's selection.

Hoenstly any BVB fan that saw us starting with Arshavin and Chamakh upfront should of known what was comming, it's like having 9 players.

Needs to be fixed in January, hope Kronke watches this game in the States, seriosuly i'll send him the DVD, i'll email him a gif of the Mannone howler or twitter him how that spastic Chamakh missing an easy opening goal at 0-0.

Don't ignore these squad weaknesses, get it sorted out or we'll undo all our good work from the last two months.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
We also suffered from playing the Coq-Frimp duo in a flat 4. They are destroyers. We needed someone good and composed under pressure to be able to turn and shrug off the Greek pressing.

morpho

Established Member
morpho said:
THunter said:
kain said:
Thank **** somebody else see's it. People go on about Diaby being a waste of space (fair enough they have a point) but then go on to ignore this waster. He's up there with Arshavin, Squillaci and Chamakh for me.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

morpho said:
1macca1 said:
THunter said:
First of all, you've got the quotes messed up, i'm guessing you meant to quote me. Secondly, i understand that your squad players musn't be **** if you want to challenge.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
morpho said:
1macca1 said:
THunter said:
Think you screwed up the quote thing, I didn't say that ;)

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Quicker than Walcott said:
I'll pay for Arshavin and Chamakh to f.uck off immediately. Squillaci is an embarrassment but he's ok as 5th choice.

Until we have to use him, which makes him not ok.

outlaw_member

Established Member
I don't think our tactics benefited us, either. By having both Coquelin and Frimpong sit right in front of the defence, we had 6 players positioned deep, allowing Olympiakos to concentrate more of their players in between our first and second bands, which enabled them to compress the space with that much more ease. Plus, it also gave us fewer out balls when we did manage to overcome the first wave of pressure. Frimpong was poor again when pressed quickly, even though he did have several 'nice' passing moments without pressure. Coquelin wasn't much better under pressure, as well.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I retract what I said about Squillaci. I momentarily forgot his shambolic debut season with us. HOW has this guy had a pretty successful career? Miquel should usurp his CB position.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I went to see The Inbetweeners last night, absolutely hilarious but Mannone's ninja kick... twice as funny, practically had me on all fours laughing. Unbelievable.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
ibby said:
Santos getting injured has upset me greatly. How bad did it look?

Walked off. Maybe precautionary, but at worst, slight muscular strain. Can't see him being ok for Everton.

outlaw_member

Established Member
fabo said:
Wenger mustn't think Park can lead the line, that whole situation is baffling. Waste of a squad space.

I agree, that's what I also think. I think he's only tested him alone once, and has been partnered on every other occasion.

arsmile

Established Member
I think the thing most disappointing tonight is the santos injury- I don’t know why he played- I was worried to see him and verm in the squad- I suppose vermaelen maybe could do with the games- but santos has been playing a hell of a lot recently and we’ve had concerns about his fitness- surely a break would have benefited him. I dotn know why we didn’t start mikel- he is perfectly competent.

I think that this game must have provided more evidence to Arsène that some of the squad isn’t good enough to be an option for us- and it wasn’t a yound team…it was an old team full of old redundant uselessness. In the past these games would provide valuable match experience to young players who would benefit from the experience and it would better them, this was just an excuse to field some players who are only getting worse and will never be good enough for us again on the whole, 3 players aside.

In goal- fabianski is poor and hugely injury prone- not worth keeping, not for his sake or ours- mannone is obviously massively out of his depth and has probably come as far as he can with us.

I’m sick of djourou too- I think he is useless- he has the odd decent game but isn’t reliable, and he isn’t any good at fullback either- particularly defensively- positionally he is all over the place- way below our 3 proper CBs.

But still a better player than squillaci- I’ve never really seen a player like squillaci- he has the remarkable ability to do nothing in a match, he doenst make the mistakes some CBs do..but neither does he make the tackles, interceptions, blocks, clearences or anything…he backs off and backs off or drifts away from crosses- he is just so passive, I don’t think he was the worst signing in the world as a bit of cover when we needed it- but we paid decent money and gave him a long ol’ contract- stupid, he is beyond any kind of usefulness to us- I’d rather miquel came in in proper matches.

Benayoun finished well but couldn’t impose himself on the game- he is very lightweight, but he seems like a some kind of bodybuilder compared to arshavin who appears to have lost all his pace and just the residual strength of a gnat. He really couldn’t give a ****. I think he has very quickly given up on fighting for his place here- which is hugely disappointing because he is hugely talented.

I’ve heard some people say that chamakh is so rubbish is so rubbish that it isn’t even funny. I disagree- it is absolutely hilarious. What have we doen to him?...cant do anything a striker should be abel to do. You don’t mind your CF not getting lots of goals if he holds the ball up alright, or works really hard off the ball…he is sut the biggest pile of nothing- the worst player of all those mentioned…all I can think is how abborhently inadequate must park actually be to not get on time on the pitch ahead of him.

I think we saw issues with frimpong’s temperament surface again- the third goal came as a result of him insanely giving away stupid freekicks in incidents which really we should have simply seen out. Coq was alright- OX continually looks massively dangerous- and I thought miquel did well when he came on.

I dotn think we can be too concerned about the result, we can be disappointed in the individuals and the performance as a whole- and if santos is out for a while, or at all, then this match could have a significant legacy that was completely avoidable.

It is just a shame that these matches have ceased being on opportunity to give a dozen youngsters a match, and is just an obligatory exhibition of our inadequate wage-eating sub-mediocre back-up.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
We all know the faults with Chamakh and Arshavin, but really the team was under immense pressure from Olymp early on. the ****ers played their hearts out, and their pressing intensity was quite up there with what Barca and BVB have done to us. There really isn't much that I can fault any player, except Fabianski simply isn't world class goalkeeper on top form. The chance created was the doing of very determined and organized pressing by Greeks and some sloppy play by Squid and Djourou. Fabs would've done well to stay further back, but hindsight is 20/20 and it wasn't a major fault on him.

Mannone, well, what can you expect from a rookie goalkeeper who hasn't had any first team experience for ages? especially with the sorry state of the team. He was under pressure, and over the course of several displays, it probably means he's not going to be a world-beater for Arsenal, but then again, many aren't. we're just lucky to have Szczesny.

But the real fight was out on the pitch. Olymp really had our numbers, and i don't know if this means our youngsters and fringe players are not good enough, or Olymp were spectacular. But their pressing worked really well for them, and that's what happens with any Arsenal team over the last few years. When we don't have the ball, we're vulnerable, at any stage. Exactly what happened. I can't fault Djourou and Squid for trying to keep possession, but honestly, the entire team was sluggish and disjointed. The passes came too slow, or there just weren't very many good openings, there was no pace behind. Really could've used ryo this game, and maybe Park if he had good movement. Chamakh on that front was atrocious, although the defenders put in a good shift on him and the supply wasn't the best.

Really, this was a tactical failure and just massive gamble with TV/Santos that inevitably misfired. for what it's worth, this better mean that Gotze is heading our way.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Quicker than Walcott said:
I retract what I said about Squillaci. I momentarily forgot his shambolic debut season with us. HOW has this guy had a pretty successful career? Miquel should usurp his CB position.

It can only be Wengers refusal to admit he was a complete waste of 4-5 million quid and get shot of him. I think he's waiting for Squid to become wrestless, but on his wages I doubt he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Latest posts

Top Bottom