• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2013/2014

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
For all the talk about "La Decima", all of Real Madrid's European Cup victories in the 1950s were paid for by bribing referees.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Johnny_Blaze said:
For all the talk about "La Decima", all of Real Madrid's European Cup victories in the 1950s were paid for by bribing referees.
this post and your profile pic matches perfectly

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Johnny_Blaze said:

So, no different to modern day football, then?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Well Real Madrid were heavily funded by Franco to keep them at the top which made it pretty much guaranteed that they'd win the first 5 titles that they did win as they were so superior to the rest, their financial power was way before the time and in a different league to anyone else.

Everyone caught up and I think their 4 since the late 90's are ones that you'd say they were deserved winners but the "La Decima" stuff is pure nonsense in my eyes and an insult to teams like Liverpool, Ajax, Bayern, Barcelona and many others who actually had to create and build their teams into what they become when they dominated Europe respectively.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
So, no different to modern day football, then?
It's really not different to modern football given what's happened in Serie A, but in the 1950s referees probably feared for their lives turning down General Franco's advances.

Rain Dance said:
this post and your profile pic matches perfectly
:lol: Spanish football in the '50s was more scripted than Ultimate Robot Fighting League.

VancouverCanuck

Tir Na Nog said:
HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAAHAAA!!!!!

**** YOU ATLETICO!!!

**** YOU SIMEONE!!!!

**** YOU ATLETICO FANS!!!!

Thank **** football prevailed last night, utterly embarrassing performance from Atletico, tried to anti-football Real to death but thankfully Real never gave up.

Simeone has just proven what an utter scumbag he is with his reaction to Varane very lightly kicking a ball off the pitch.
Where is the hate coming from???

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Still in pieces from Saturday, well and truly cancelled out the FA cup win for me. A lot of people I know say it served Atletico right for their negative approach but when Real can spend Atletico's budget on a single player then you have to take a different approach.

The most depressing thing for me is that in the coming years all the pieces of this team will be broken up. For the rest of my lifetime I wonder how many more European cups Real will win, I wouldn't be surprised if I never see Atletico get there again, but such is football.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Rex Banner said:
Still in pieces from Saturday, well and truly cancelled out the FA cup win for me. A lot of people I know say it served Atletico right for their negative approach but when Real can spend Atletico's budget on a single player then you have to take a different approach.

The most depressing thing for me is that in the coming years all the pieces of this team will be broken up. For the rest of my lifetime I wonder how many more European cups Real will win, I wouldn't be surprised if I never see Atletico get there again, but such is football.

Really? Really?

I was a casual watcher of the game, I thought it was a good game, but when it comes down to it I couldn't give a flying **** about the result of a game Arsenal are not involved in in any way.

blaze_of_glory

How could some game between two teams from Spain ruin the FA Cup victory for an Arsenal fan? I mean I get you might not be pleased with the result, but to cancel out the win that ended our trophy drought? I don't see how that's possible unless you are a bigger fan of Atleti than of Arsenal.

Giroud

Established Member
Tir Na Nog said:
I'm just glad to see a football team in Real Madrid beat Spain's answer to Stoke.

Spain's answer to Stoke? Did you watch Atletico's pressing and counter attacking play against Barca? Stoke would not be able to get close to Atletico's pressing or play like Koke, Turan and Costa on the counter. All Stoke could do was score from a set piece. What a **** comparison.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Why did this kid get promoted in the first place? I thought **** like this was the reason the Lobby was created.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm actually half-Spanish, most of my family lives in Spain, when I go back there I live in the next neighbourhood to the Calderon. Been going to their matches since I was about 5 years old.

Arsenal only came after I moved to the UK a few years later and my dad told me I'd be supporting Arsenal. If anything Arsenal are my 2nd team, don't hate me too much for it!

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I'm honestly a little surprised at the hate Atletico are getting. Yes, they're not the most aesthetic of footballing teams, but they earned their La Liga title and nearly pulled off one of the great CL triumphs. It's hard enough to make the CL final at all, yet they get hated on because they did it the only way they know how?

I think people are falsely conflating them with Chelsea, and this is where the hate comes from.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Much easier to hate Chelsea with all the money they have had at their disposal, no excuse for their ****ty brand of football.

That said, it's not like Atletico are some lower division team - they might not have cost hundreds of millions but they are international standard footballers.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Disliking Atletico for their fanbase is fair, but hating on them for the football they played? Come the **** on. Real has several player who cost more than the entire Atletico squad.

Completely unreasonable to expect a side like that to play an expansive, open passing game against one of the biggest, most expensive clubs in the world. It's like ****ting on a team like Hull for not trying to outplay you on the ground in the FA Cup final, they'd have no ****ing chance.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I'm not sure what game some of you were watching, there's a difference between being a disciplined and well organised side like Atlético and panicky backs to the wall defending like Hull or ****ing Stoke, just because a team defends well doesn't mean they can't play football themselves.

Atlético were pressing like rabid dogs all over the pitch and were the better side until the final quarter hour, when their subs, namely Sosa, basically lost them the match. Their back four was virtually flawless until the 93rd minute, not a coincidence that they looked much more vulnerable when Luis Filipe went off and later when Morata clattered Juanfran. Gabi played like a man possessed, don't think he misplaced a single pass, would certainly be MOTM had Atlético won.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It was a stupid decision to start Costa in hindsight, with the pressing game the way they play it, you need good use of 14 men, for a sub to be burned after 10 minutes came back to bite massively.

There was no out for the defenders, the centre midfield had lost it's legs completely, with another change, who knows what could have happened. Everyone knew that Costa would be barely fit, he was a doubt to start the world cup let alone on Saturday, it never works to play half fit players in crunch matches. Cost us big time.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal
Top Bottom