• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League 2013/2014

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Can we please win this ffs. I'd take another nine years of nothing if we can win this next year.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
Before ragging on Simeone remember they lost their two best attacking players to injuries. He wasn't going to play **** football just for the sake of neutrals.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
THunter said:
Can we please win this ffs. I'd take another nine years of nothing if we can win this next year.

Imagine the scenes seeing Arsenal lift the Cl after how crazy we all went over the fa cup. Would be so nerve-wrecking leading up to the final though, don't think I could handle another Cl final loss tbh, last one I was depressed for weeks.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

krengon said:
THunter said:

Imagine the scenes seeing Arsenal lift the Cl after how crazy we all went over the fa cup. Would be so nerve-wrecking leading up to the final though, don't think I could handle another Cl final loss tbh, last one I was depressed for weeks.
Cried for two days solid.

VancouverCanuck

The only person from Real that I am happy for is Ancelotti. Always seems to be a classy man. Even when he was at that sh*t club.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
Honestly, if we got to a CL final against a European powerhouse, I wouldn't watch it. The Champions League final is a cruel form of torture for the underdogs.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
VancouverCanuck said:
Only "underdog" that has won it in recent years is that sh*t club Chelasea. F*** it.

They weren't underdogs, though. Their team cost more than Bayern's. I suppose Liverpool and Dortmund are the only ones within a reasonable period of time, which is quite depressing given how often an underdog makes it to a CL final.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Mourinho will want to start crawling into the nearest hole after the month he's had to witness - Wenger winning a trophy and Ancelotti succeeding in the CL with Real :D

eye4goal

Established Member
I feel sorry for Atletico, they went for two competitions with an inferior squad whilst Madrid had weeks to prepare for this game after giving up La Liga. I hope they manage to keep Costa and come back again next season.

kopzilla

Always Negative
I hope it doesn't go pear shaped for Atletico now...they have done exceedingly well with the resources they have had...almost a fairy tale ending for them but I think they'll be more upset about the manner in which they lost today.

What they have achieved this season is spectacular and an inspiration for us.

The commentators mentioned RM spent close to 1.6 billion euros from in the past 12 years..and they were close to crashing out...

Hope some decent outfit buys the club and gives them a boost in the transfer market...

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vXGLx63FEo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vXGLx63FEo</a>

:lol: :lol:

Le Professeur

Established Member
Ramos shouldn't have been on the pitch tbh, should've had about 4 bookings in the semis return leg.

Real were poor, not a great final.

wengerboy

Established Member
Really feel for Atletico so close to an unforgettable season.

Well done to real they took big risks by dumping mourinho, selling higuin and Özil, spending a lot on on Bale but it was worth it this is what they wanted most. Ancelotti was proven right by keeping di maria.

VancouverCanuck

Stevez said:
cannonade said:
di Maria MOTM. Simione and Atletico's corner defense tactics bottled this big time.

When did every loss suddenly become a bottle job? They didn't bottle anything. Atletico did amazing and were like 180 seconds from winning the league and CL double at humongous odds. Incredible. That's just how football goes. Ramos is a beast in the air and he showed it once again. Great player.
Not to mention they had two key players out injured.

Even with the best coaching, best players, best of everything, you're not going to win every single match. Let alone a team that has totally outperformed for an entire season.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Di Maria was the best attacker on the pitch easily. Benzema was dreadful but at least he had the excuse of not being fit, but Ronaldo completely went hiding unlike who Bale was terrible but kept on getting involved. I cringed after Ronaldo's goal celebration, he was fooking dreadful.

If Costa was on the pitch I think Atletico would have got a 2nd at 1-0 when Real were pushing bodies forward, or at the very least held on to the ball better to kill time.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Le Professeur said:
Ramos shouldn't have been on the pitch tbh, should've had about 4 bookings in the semis return leg.

Real were poor, not a great final.

You joking? That final was more interesting than a Mesut Özil kebab cooking programme. "Ohh jaaa, eat the kebab, jaaa."

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom