• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA vote to scrap away goals rule

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Always found it ridiculous considering both teams have to play home and away anyway.

The only thing that would be unfair would be extra time and penalties I suppose but maybe you balance that out by seeding teams? The higher seed gets to play the home game last and benefit from playing that extra 30 mins at home. If it’s that’s close a game to go to extra time then it’s barely an advantage anyway.

Deciding on the seeding would be interesting. Maybe some kind of coefficient that is generated during the group stages to take in goals scored, conceded, strength of opponent etc.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Always found it ridiculous considering both teams have to play home and away anyway.

The only thing that would be unfair would be extra time and penalties I suppose but maybe you balance that out by seeding teams? The higher seed gets to play the home game last and benefit from playing that extra 30 mins at home. If it’s that’s close a game to go to extra time then it’s barely an advantage anyway.

Deciding on the seeding would be interesting. Maybe some kind of coefficient that is generated during the group stages to take in goals scored, conceded, strength of opponent etc.

There drawn out of a 'hat' no? First team drawn is home first?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Only way to save this dying competition is a single knockout format in a single country like they did in Portugal last summer. Will never happen as they want it to drag as long as possible with as many games as possible with as many teams as possible.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

There drawn out of a 'hat' no? First team drawn is home first?
That’s the current format yes, but if you get rid of away goals then the team who plays home in the second leg has a big advantage if the game goes to extra time or penalties.

That’s why I’m suggesting seeding rather than just picking a name out of a hat.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don't mind away goals, if we are keeping it as two-legged, home and away games...though my preference would be a single game played at a neutral venue.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
I like the away goals. Makes the competition more exciting for me as a viewer when some goals mean more than others.

Yeah,looks like they don't mind if some teams can get results on tough away ground like Etihad,Anfield,Camp Nou,Allianz Arena etc.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I hate away goals rule, my idiot dad always asks me and I’ll explain then he’ll ask me the year after.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wouldn’t the game be more exciting without away goals? Home teams will push for goals knowing conceding isn’t going to kill them.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Then again, I like the tension and unpredictability of away goals, a game can be totally changed with the current system.

Non away goals maybe suit the bigger and better teams too as the smaller teams couldn’t go goal to goal with a more powerful team.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Not saying anyone is wrong for there preference but I genuinely dont understand how anyone can like the away goal rule :lol:

Its such a weird rule, a goal is a goal its not two, it never should be two, its rarely ever two, so why is it two? this isnt some double XP weekend, its a major competition where you can get ****ed by some magic double goal bullshit!

Its like one day suggesting volleys count as two and you can have three for a header, its such nonsense!

Just keep the game how it is without multi-goal rules, its just weird!

Stop being weird!

ScotsGooner89

The real thing they need to change is the length of a match. It should be made a fixed period of time of ball in play. Some games become absolutely unbearable to watch with time wasting.

Croatia vs Scotland for example, for the 10 minutes after Croatia’s second goal the ball was in play for less than 5 minutes.

Easy solved by making the game 70 mins of ball in play time. Most games would probably still take around the 90 minute mark anyway as there would then be no reason to take so long for throws, free kicks etc.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'd rather then scrap two legged ties and instead play knock outs at neutral venues. But Uefa are greedy so they won't do that.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Not a fan of this. I've grown up with the away goal rule so will take a lot of getting used to. A lot of unnecessary extra times will be played now.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom