• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA World Cup qualifying

slapz

My boys beat the mighty Cyprus :). Bring on the French!!

I can see it now, the captain who picks up the world cup in 2006 will be Kenny Cunningham

SuperBob

What the hell was the French coach thinking not starting with Pires?
They need to get there act together fast!
Now that Zidane has retired from international football you would think the playmaking duties would fall to Pires?

A

Anonymous

think David, where's the ball? it's behind you! James, should go to bloody Espanyol too.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

England football team, even more:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love england, laugh at the football team.

A

Anonymous

Damn straight. Glad i got the english rose tatoo as opposed to the football 3 lions. How can you possibly feel any pride towards a group of players who couldnt give a **** about playing for their country. Get rid of all of them (except cole and sol) and get some of us lads in there, at least i wouldnt give up battling for 90minutes unlike the northern ponces in the team.
Too many northerners in the team, either they are too thick to learn the anthem or are just total unproud ****s, not singing the anthem is bad IMO, the only people that sing it these days are cole, sol, lampard and james. If you dont have any pride to play for how can you perform.

Sammer

Established Member
theguvnor said:
, either they are too thick to learn the anthem or are just total unproud ****s, not singing the anthem is bad IMO, the only people that sing it these days are cole, sol, lampard and james. .

Rather than sing the anthem, James should take some basic goalkeeping lessons.

Now guvnor, we had some disputes over MadJens Lehmann - but you got to admit, that James is a disgrace for this english football team.

I can see where you are coming from. It´s sad to see that some players don´t really care about their national team any more.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I agree Eriksson should go. I doubt he cares about how England do. His main priority is working out who he wants to bed next at the FA.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i sincerely think the problem is that england are missing rooney. without rooney, england are simply an efficient team that gets into trouble if they concede a goal. personally, i dont think that has anything to do with sven but more to do with the nature of english players. rooney is a freak english talent that adds a spark making england a dangerous team and rewards the clean sheets which is the result of your usual efficiency.

lewdikris

Established Member
Didn't see the England match, fortunately. Thought i'd save myself the anguish and went and got plastered instead.

But i'm with the Guv on this. They're appalling. Why Wayne Bridge on the left wing? Why why why why why? Alan Smith does not have the first touch for international football (the classic English problem).

They need to fast track some of the Arsenal boys towards the senior squad - Bentley, Pennant. Get Wright Phillips out on the pitch. Players with skill rather than just the reputation for it.

We'll still qualify comfortably, but this team will never win ****.

Spike

Established Member
We need a decent goalie.

We had our 2 strongest central defenders out due to injuries/bans.

We need a good permanent left midfielder.

Our attack, who is Smith?

Sammer

Established Member
Germany beat Austria comfortable 3-1 about 3 weeks ago... actually my prediction was that England was going to win by 3 goals at least.

It´s dissapointing how a team with that much quality can´t get their act together.

Austria is 3rd world country when it comes to international football. They don´t have one quality player in their squad.

Unbeaten

England only has one problem and that is: Sven, I would sack Sven befor the WC in Germany..

England often seems to have the problem with a manager, they have the quality players but never the quality of the coach.

VCC

Frankly, I don't get the English complaining about Sven. It's like that Football365 article said the other day. When you hired him, you were worried about making it out of the qualifying group. Now, you are complaining because he hasn't gotten you past the quarterfinals of a major international competition.

Henry IV

I always enjoy seeing England flop. I thought they'd walk it against a team that is ranked lower than Scotland. I was so delighted when I saw that it ended 2-2 and better than that, England threw away a 2-0 lead. David James will always make at least one mistake a game (like most keepers) but his always seem to lead to a goal.

A

Anonymous

Rather than sing the anthem, James should take some basic goalkeeping lessons.

Now guvnor, we had some disputes over MadJens Lehmann - but you got to admit, that James is a disgrace for this english football team.

I can see where you are coming from. It´s sad to see that some players don´t really care about their national team any more.
Precisely.
How dare you mention james in the same sentence as jens. :lol: james shouldnt be in goal for my sunday league team let alone england. i know i dont rate jens but he is far better than james.
i am ashamed of the team, im extremely proud to be english and if i were playing i would run around like a loon just for the badge. Even singing the anthem on the terrace or in the pub or at home, which i always do when the anthem is played, i still get goosebumps and shivers down my spine. I think its a shame the people representing the country dont feel the same. If you cant have pride in where your from, what can you be proud of? :roll:
Sven isnt a good manger, he is boring and negative, we have great players which he doesnt even get playing good football anymore. When we play naturally we can beat the best, sadly we rarely do that these days.
We need a right back = hoyte, left mid = ? attackers = rooney and bentley and a new manager = moyes, mclaren?
We have some future options but we really need to sort these big problems out.
Centre backs and centre mids are world class however, we can build on that.
Im sure bridge could develop to a good left mid, give him and ash time to link up and get on the same wavelength. Maybe joe cole?

AFCG7

Established Member
I'd give Barry a shot at left midfield.. he is a good player and certainly cant do any worse.. and he is LEFT footed.

brianfrance

Established Member
What a match that was (france israel) :eek:ops: :(

As Patrick said, of course we miss Zizou, Thuram and surely we miss the friendly feeling which was on the pitch few years ago. All were friends from long time.

We miss Zizou, who is a pure playmaker; What the **** he starts Rothen ?? And ahead of Pires please; He has to call Micoud and starts him and Bobby, and surely Giuly.

That's a real bad point : our attacking system

About the defence, Mendy hasn't reach yet his last-year level. In that case, Sagnol, who is playing sometimes in 3-5-2 in Germany, has to be first choice.
Evra; He's our best left back, we just can't drop him on the bench! He'll be better next time.
Gallas is a good defender, but hasn't the level of a Thuram, Blanc, the young Desailly etc... It seems he'll be the leader of the defense; I don't enjoy a lot
Squillaci and Givet; As Deschamps is trying sometimes a 3-5-2, I hope they will know that system next time. Not a bad performance, but our opponent was Israel... Givet is a player who will never stop; He's the best warrior in the French league; Left footed but can play everywhere, RB, CB, LB, DM! A good quote from Deschamps about Givet "where you are affraid to put your foot, Givet put his head!" This guy can have an importance, but as a super-defensive-sub

I'm as Domenech is; I don't know! Maybe he sould try Zebina from Juventus, and give Boumsong a full match. Or maybe our solution is Mexes; Maybe Mexes-Boumsong, as they played together at Auxerre. Argg, I don't know :?

Arsenal Quotes

I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom