• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Group Stage: Arsenal v FC Vorskla Poltava | September 20, 2018 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
WHich is disappointing because we should have the collective strength to get through this group comfortably AND play some youngsters. I'm all for serious first teamers in the latter stages though.

I guess we'll see in a couple of days. If he's going to bring anyone up from the B-list (Nketiah, Smith Rowe, Osei-Tutu) for this Europa League game he has to name them at least 24 hours before the match. It all depends on what he means by limited rotation. It may not be what we think when we hear that. He's traditionally gone to extremes with squad rotation. I ran across this in a 2011 Bleacher Report article from when Emery was coaching Valencia:

1. You can never guess Valencia's lineup before a match. Many managers employ a rotation system, but Emery takes it to extreme levels.

Emery pretty much never uses the same lineup in two consecutive and is constantly rotating even his star players; not even the likes of Mata, Silva and Villa are above his rotation system. Emery has never fielded the same starting XI on two consecutive occasions in the past 75 matches!

It might seem an unconventional coaching method, but the truth is that it has been working great. Everyone is kept happy and fresh with Unai Emery's constant rotations. Besides, the quality never seems to drop and it keeps opponents guessing–they never know who will play and which formation Emery will adopt for any given match.

The success of his very unusual rotation system proves that Emery is a great manager.
So "limited rotation' might just mean that he's going with a fairly set lineup for Europa League, but not necessarily almost the same as the Premier League lineup. Or maybe it means he'll keep 3 or 4 of his PL regulars in the lineup. Who knows? I guess we'll just have to wait and see what he has in mind. The thing to keep in mind is that if anyone knows about winning Europa League, it's Unai Emery.

Yep. Saka is playing too so not even he is an option.

Sadly, Willock is also playing this match so he won't be in the squad at all. Shame.

Felt like Willock had done enough to get back into the picture with the seniors. At least on bench level against no name teams at the home. But given how he has been playing and if he keeps it up, I'm sure it wont take long for him!

Glad that Nketiah and Smith-Rowe will be involved!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Felt like Willock had done enough to get back into the picture with the seniors. At least on bench level against no name teams at the home. But given how he has been playing and if he keeps it up, I'm sure it wont take long for him!

Glad that Nketiah and Smith-Rowe will be involved!
Either that or it's gonna be Elneny SMH.

Nketiah hopefully starts. He deserves one.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Leno
Osei-Tuto Marv Rob Lich
Elneny Torreira
Mkhi Smith-Rowe Iwobi
Welbeck

Lich can play left back he played many games with juve as lefy back

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Of ffs ! Can’t we just do like West Ham did the other year and throw this useless cup!?
Just like last season non of any first team players will take part in group stage it will be interesting to see how the young guys will preform like Smith-Rowe Nektiah willock

gkoat

Hasn't holding been played in the right back position before? Not saying I want it to happen, just trying to exhaust all possibilities here.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
It's weird that Cohen Bramall made the PL squad but not the Europa one. He would've been useful in this situation.

AngolanGunner

292px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png
team-444.png

̶N̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶ Welcome back to the Europa League. The first Arsenal European cup tie without Arséne Wenger since September 24, 1996.

Who are Vorskla?
Vorskla originate from Poltava in Ukraine and they were established as Kolos in 1955.

They fell into bankruptcy in 1982, but were reformed two years later based on the Kolos academy (sports school) as Vorskla after the river Vorskla, which flows through Poltava.

After the creation of Ukrainian football competitions in 1992 the club was admitted to the Ukrainian First League which they won in 1996.

The team then debuted in the Ukrainian Premier League the following year in the 1996–97 season, finishing in 3rd place, the highest achievement in team's history.

They are nicknamed the Green-Whites and their biggest success came in 2009 when they won the Ukrainian Cup.

As a result of their triumph, Vorskla competed in the annual opening game of the season Ukrainian Super Cup meeting the champions Dynamo Kyiv but they lost on penalties.

They play in the Butovsky-Vorslka Stadium with 25,000 spectators and their manager is ex-Ukrainian footballer Vasyl Sachko.

Their team is made up of many Ukrainian players, but they boast Brazilians stars Artur and Nicolas Careca, who are on loan from Gremio.

Vorskla secured the sole automatic qualification place into the Europa League group stage, after their third-placed in the Ukrainian Premier League - their joint highest finish.

Team News:
Ramsey slight doubt

Possible lineup:
Untitled.jpg

Please no Sokratis and Monreal...they are essential for our top 4 fight....rather go with Mavropanos and Holding...and we will get a comfortable victory here!!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I guess we'll see in a couple of days. If he's going to bring anyone up from the B-list (Nketiah, Smith Rowe, Osei-Tutu) for this Europa League game he has to name them at least 24 hours before the match. It all depends on what he means by limited rotation. It may not be what we think when we hear that. He's traditionally gone to extremes with squad rotation. I ran across this in a 2011 Bleacher Report article from when Emery was coaching Valencia:

1. You can never guess Valencia's lineup before a match. Many managers employ a rotation system, but Emery takes it to extreme levels.

Emery pretty much never uses the same lineup in two consecutive and is constantly rotating even his star players; not even the likes of Mata, Silva and Villa are above his rotation system. Emery has never fielded the same starting XI on two consecutive occasions in the past 75 matches!

It might seem an unconventional coaching method, but the truth is that it has been working great. Everyone is kept happy and fresh with Unai Emery's constant rotations. Besides, the quality never seems to drop and it keeps opponents guessing–they never know who will play and which formation Emery will adopt for any given match.

The success of his very unusual rotation system proves that Emery is a great manager.
So "limited rotation' might just mean that he's going with a fairly set lineup for Europa League, but not necessarily almost the same as the Premier League lineup. Or maybe it means he'll keep 3 or 4 of his PL regulars in the lineup. Who knows? I guess we'll just have to wait and see what he has in mind. The thing to keep in mind is that if anyone knows about winning Europa League, it's Unai Emery.

75 matches? F*cking hell, that's quite extreme. It's exciting and unnerving in equal measure how little we know and can preempt what Emery will do in any given game.

skip spence

Just like last season non of any first team players will take part in group stage it will be interesting to see how the young guys will preform like Smith-Rowe Nektiah willock
Yeah I know, good for the kids and squad players. But I can’t help getting depressed every time we play midweek with no-name youngsters against unpronounceable teams from Poland or Bulgaria.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom