• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Group Stage: Arsenal v FC Vorskla Poltava | September 20, 2018 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Jesus, not even Nketiah starting. Both him and Smith-Rowe on the bench. Do not like.

Decent enough line-up otherwise. Eh......

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
What exactly is the point of this selection? Is there any plan on how to integrate young players into this team? I would expect ESR and Nketiah starting this, but club needs to justify new contract for Elneny and wages for Welbeck. No wonder we are in this position with this brilliant management.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What exactly is the point of this selection? Is there any plan on how to integrate young players into this team? I would expect ESR and Nketiah starting this, but club needs to justify new contract for Elneny and wages for Welbeck. No wonder we are in this position with this brilliant management.

To give Leno, Holding, Lichtsteiner, Elneny, Torreira, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi and Welbeck all the chance to try and break into the first team for our upcoming league games, while also trying to help Auba get on a run of scoring.

The young lads will probably get their chance in the league cup, ESR is still very young too.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
To give Leno, Holding, Lichtsteiner, Elneny, Torreira, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi and Welbeck all the chance to try and break into the first team for our upcoming league games, while also trying to help Auba get on a run of scoring.

The young lads will probably get their chance in the league cup, ESR is still very young too.
I would say Welbeck and Elneny had enough chances to prove how bad they are over the last couple of years. League cup can end up after one or two games, and we have perfect chance in EL to give them a few more games (at least in the group stages).

We are just repeating Gnabry mistake all over again.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm completely on-board with Emerys way of thinking. He said he wont be playing a different 11 and people are surprised to see he's done exactly that. We have 2 lesser competitions just around the corner, the youngsters will get their turn. I admit I wanted Nketiah to play but at least he's on the bench and will probably come on at some point.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
These threads always validate my point I am NOT this forum's chief moaner. The fact I got that tag is a disgrace.

Justice for Rich 1990.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
It's good to start with a win. Maybe it's too risky with too many kids and underestimating opponents we saw that vs Ludogorets last year. Once we win a couple we may rotate even more. I am just sad not to see the kids but on the other hand, seeing Leno and Toreirra from start can satisfy my appetite.

He didn't play at the WC and missed the first game of the season, he can rest next week against Brentford.

I am more afraid of a freak injury tho but you can't avoid that. Forgot about intl break too tbh.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
My only issue is that Torreira is starting. Likely that he won't start vs Everton. Keen to see Iwobi. I think Ramseys current role in the team is up for grabs and tailor made for him. Needs a goal and an assist today.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Eddie and Smith-rowe will probably come on for Aubameyang and Torreira once the points are in the bag (55-60 minute mark).

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
My only issue is that Torreira is starting. Likely that he won't start vs Everton. Keen to see Iwobi. I think Ramseys current role in the team is up for grabs and tailor made for him. Needs a goal and an assist today.

Iwobi and auba with two each and welbeck rounding off the scoring in a 5-0 win.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I'd be surprised if we concede tonight. I enjoy the line up, should be a good game.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
As I said before, it's not difficult. Win the home games at a canter then all we need is a win away from home to top the group. Emery could pick me in other games for all it'd matter. I don't think even winning the group is that important. Panicking about resting people in September is such an Arsenal thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom