• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL R16 1st Leg: AC Milan v Arsenal | March 8, 2018 18:00 GMT | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,240
  • Views 93,793

What will be the result of this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Milan allowed us breathing space and the intensity was completely different. You can't really judge attitude when you're on top. Brightn made us shrink mentally. Milan wasnt capable of that because that's not what they do
You maybe right but the quality we got this shouldn't be happening

Marmaduke

Whenever Chambers goes up, he'll cross it in the box. As long as Bellerin can't do a simple thing like that, he shouldn't be playing. No use having a right back on the pitch who doesn't threaten his opponent.
Other than two bad clearances, Chambers had a good game tonight and overall offers more going forward.
I think we have just established the new Chambers fanboy section

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Chambers actually did indeed do a good job out there. Of course Bellerin has got loads of potential but I really think half the hype is his speed...

He did a fine job. One thing that was quite noticeable was that Mustafi wasn't constantly having to go out wide to cover because his fullback had drifted off somewhere into the Twilight Zone. Of course it helped that Milan doesn't have speed merchants to take advantage of Chambers' relative lack of pace out there, but he played a smart, solid game for the most part.

If only it were possible to somehow merge Chambers' better defensive instincts with Bellerin's pace...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The job is not done anyway we play s**t when there no pressure on us like ostersund. Let's see if they learn it something

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I think its fair to say the guys know the Europa League is the only way back to the CL. Thought they played as a unit tonight. In defence everyone got back behind the ball to defend as a team.

Marmaduke

If only it were possible to somehow merge Chambers' better defensive instincts with Bellerin's pace...
That has always been my main gripe about Bellerin (his end product, be it shot or cross is also pretty much average). His incredibly fast recovery pace allows him to mask lots of fundamental errors. Slower players are forced to play smarter of course but its a shame they can't just drill it into the guy.

OSBK

Established Member
It was a stupid shot. It's injury time and you're two goals up, no need to unnecessarily hand the other team the ball.

Had he made some kind of play and tried to get in a better position and shot, that would be fine. What he did though was just fücking stupid.

We gave milan the ball for 45mins plus in the second half unnecessarily. In the last 10 mins of the game rambo/jack/mhky/welbeck all gave the ball away in much worst positions but as soon as xhaka has a shot that could put the tie to bed really and doesnt actually cause us any problems at all haters jump on him. Didnt see anyone jump on Wilshere when just let the ball run out for a goal kick and then walk back.

We both have different opinions but I am glad someone actually had a flippin shot the second half.

c00lguy

In hindsight, if we manage to win the Europa League I don't think anyone can deny that it would be a very successful season.
The league cup would've been nice but it's a nothing trophy really. FA Cup more prestigious than it and we won it loads already.
We've never won a European trophy under Wenger. This competition will make or break our season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I’ve told Dave to cut off his ponytail. I think it makes him less aerodynamic.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom