• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Round of 16 1st Leg: Olympiakos v Arsenal | Thursday, March 11 | KO: 20:00 UTC | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,661
  • Views 69,346

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Would have had an assist were it not for a great save from the Auba header, reckon he's playing himself into a new contract 👍

I certainly don't think he merits a new contract in particular when consider the gulf of quality between Chambers and Cedric to Bellerin.

mirrorstare

I would say there are very few easy matches at this level. I wasn’t impressed with the AC Milan line up but they still drew away at Old Trafford.

There are long term concerns about Mikel though in terms of pecking order favouritism and squad management. On squad rotation and utilisation he has some of the same tendencies I personally was not fully on board with Arsène Wenger either.

There is also an issue with Mikel that if his philosophy is get the defence right first it isn’t fully working still and that makes it difficult to justify conservatism attacking wise because we just cannot confidently secure 1-0 wins.

These errors are very reminiscent of Emeryball growing pains when learning to play out of the back, the only difference is that our attack is a lot worse than back then.

I call that regression. He was getting praise for organizing our defense early in the season after all, and it's not like we have lost vital players to injury or anything.

Please just say the words that you’re lifting the curse. We need this my friend.
"Curse to all the teams in England, they shall never win again any trophy, curse to Jose, Jurgen and Ole to bow down to Arsenal, the one and only, may Arsenal win the Champions League and to be the eternal winner of the Premier League and the FA Cup. From next year till 2099."
Hope i helped somehow...:lol:

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

"Curse to all the teams in England, they shall never win again any trophy, curse to Jose, Jurgen and Ole to bow down to Arsenal, the one and only, may Arsenal win the Champions League and to be the eternal winner of the Premier League and the FA Cup. From next year till 2099."

You're the best.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

giphy.gif

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Arsenal created all the chances tonight, for both teams...if we could just stop ****ing around with the ball in our defensive area, we would be a good team again :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal created all the chances tonight, for both teams...if we could just stop ****ing around with the ball in our defensive area, we would be a good team again :lol:
When the last time other team scored a goal against us by thier effort? Man city? Even that was mistake by holding ffs.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
When the last time scored a goal against us by thier effort? Man city? Even that was mistake by holding ffs.

Arteta "We are creating so many goals, not all of them are for Arsenal, but we are creating which is the main thing"

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hi mate do Pana have links to Ireland?

Wondering about the green and the shamrock in the logo.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
First off, I am delighted we won. I'm always buzzing when we win. On the performance, it was a mixed bag. Partey is clearly not fit but he is essential as a security blanket, to play forward and to play quickly and decisively. He had sloppy moments but again, that first time pass to set up Ødegaard's goal is a difference maker and he did those little things a few times even though its the giveaways that stick in my mind. For the Olympiacos goal, the lion share of the blame lies with sloppy Ceballos and brainless Leno but the problem started at 56.12. Xhaka has the ball. His cross field pass goes into touch for a Olympiacos throw in. Tierney and Willian were free to his left. They lose the ball and we're in possession ready to play from deep. The ball goes to Xhaka who is actually positioned correctly before he turns and gets his body shape wrong. Quiet panic, he passes to Gabriel who is running towards his own goal. Its 57.05. Leno receives a good pass from Gabriel to his right foot. Luiz is alone on the touchline. That's where you pass. Ceballos has one either side and another breaking his neck to close the route to Luiz. I kind of expected Ceballos to turn to his right and play forward but he's slow and quickly swamped. Leno was back peddling slowly with four Olympiacos players in close attention. If he had run on the half turn, he maybe closes the angle. The ball is in the net at 57.13. Just over a minute of sloppiness. So many little things. Xhaka when he played the ball out had the right body shape. Less than a minute later in the same position with the same options, his mind freezes and he can't get rid of the ball quick enough-backwards to Gabriel. No blame on Gabriel for me. Leno has the option to go long or to Luiz. Why play to a team mate who has just come on and almost got us eliminated in the last round? But, Ceballos must be sharp and aware. He should be pointing to Luiz if he's still settling. The collective have to make better decisions. Ødegaard's,Partey and Luiz had some momentary madness and sloppiness but it's the same glaring poverty from the same individuals.
The pattern that Arteta set up was ok. We were controlled and created chances but all the goals were from individual brilliance. That mustn't be coached out for any project or structure. Word to Bellerin who I thought was very good and stopped a thunderbolt that might have given Olympiacos a second. The same for Gabriel and Elneny. This tie should be dead but we will have to play much better than we did tonight.
Sorry for the long post.

Hi mate do Pana have links to Ireland?

Wondering about the green and the shamrock in the logo.
DO PANATHINAIKOS HAVE SECRET IRISH CONNECTIONS?

"What is the origin of the shamrock on the Panathinaikos crest?"
asks Diarmuid O'Brien. "Is there any overt Irish connection there, given their crest and green strip, or is it, as my mate claimed in the pub during one drunken Champions League viewing, that Greece is the only place outside Ireland where shamrock grows?"

Much as it pains us to say it - for we love a good yarn more than most - neither story is true.

In 1918 Panathinaikos chose the shamrock - or trifylli as it's known in Greece - as their emblem on the suggestion of Mihalis Papazoglou, an athlete from Constantinople who played for Chalkidona, and Chalkidona had the same symbol. The idea was accepted by Panathinaikos's council and confirmed as the team's official badge.

As for the colour of the kit, again there's no overtly Irish connection. Green being the colour of the trifylli no doubt had something to do with it, but the choice of kit seems to be partly a practical one too. Until green became the team's official colour, most players turned up and played in different coloured outfits.

Well, i think its a coincidence, however i think (maybe i m wrong) that there is a fan club of Panathinaikos in Ireland....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom