• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Round of 32 1st Leg: Benfica vs Arsenal | Thursday 18th February |20:00 | BT Sport

What do you love more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Balenciaga-Pants-GQ-11192018_3x2.jpg

Let’s batter the Wolves and City feeder team.

Just so we’re clear this is the away leg which is being played in the Stadio Olimpico, Rome.

Benfica are bang out of form in the Portuguese league as well. A lot of flop signings and a CB pairing of an OAP Vertonghen and Otamendi. Yikes.

Leno
Bellerin - Holding - Gabriel - Tierney
Xhaka - Ceballos
Saka - ESR - Pepe
Auba

Last edited:

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I hope this is one where we keep a clean sheet and win the tie in the first leg. With the state of Benfica and our recent performance upswing, we should win. But we have to be professional because we still have a way of making things hard and resurrecting dead players. COYG.

GoonerBoy19

Matt Ryan for Leno
Martinelli on Left
Pepe on Right
Laca on for Auba
Should probably try Nelson in #10 role as ESR looks tired but he was subbed off early so could still start and give 60 mins. Ode could play last 30 mins.

Saka and Auba looked knackered towards end of Leeds game. They both should not start.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

Think Ode starts this one. Pepe comes into the team as well but that means ESR probably sits out. Agree Ryan coming in for Leno would be wise.

1-3 Arse.

bergholt

Leno
Bellerin - Holding - Gabriel - Tierney
Xhaka - Ceballos
Saka - ESR - Pepe
Auba

So changes would be Holding for Luiz, Tierney for Cedric, Pepe for Ødegaard?

Seems like not enough. We need to rotate a bit more to freshen up some players, especially Saka and ESR. And surely Ryan plays. How about:

Ryan
Cedric - Holding - Mari - Tierney
Xhaka - Ceballos
Pepe - Ødegaard - Auba
Laca

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Give me a pair of boot cut jeans over these weird super skinny jeans anyday or the weird fashion of buying trousers that don't cover your ankles or men not wearing socks or wearing socks with flip flops and trying to make them out to be cool by calling them "sliders".

Also nothing wrong with a unseason chicken, healthy meal right there.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Matt Ryan for Leno
Martinelli on Left
Pepe on Right
Laca on for Auba
Should probably try Nelson in #10 role as ESR looks tired but he was subbed off early so could still start and give 60 mins. Ode could play last 30 mins.

Saka and Auba looked knackered towards end of Leeds game. They both should not start.

You know we have to win this game, right?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You know we have to win this game, right?
Rest the players for the city game and take and lose that one as well. Reminds me of the days Wenger used to try to be smart and rest players for the harder game and still lose both. We not playing for much in the league. This competition is nr 1 priority

Raicore

Would like to see a front 3 of Peoe Laca and Gabi starting with Ode Xhaka and the Pharaoh in midfield.
Cedric needs a break but who to replace him? Can the cumbersome Mari play at LB?
Mari Holding Gabriel and Chambers and Leno in goal.
Don't mind a draw but a win would be a marvellous result

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
On Elneny:

I don't know if I'd rather play him in Europe or against City. I don't want Ceballos in both to keep him at 100%. I'm nudging towards Ceballos in Europe and Elneny at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom