• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UK Transfer Deadline Day Summer 2018

If you could only sign one player on DD, what position would it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
------Lacazette---------------Aubameyang----------/Welbeck, Nketiah
--------------------------------------------------------- /Iwobi, Nelson
-----------------------Özil----------------------------- /Mikhitaryian
---------Ramsey--------------------Xhaka-----------/AMN, Elneny, Willock
----------------------Torreira-------------------------/Guendouzi
Monreal-------------------------------------Bellerin/Kolasinac, Lichtsteiner
---------------Sokratis-------Mustafi----------------/Holding, Mavropanos
------------------------Leno---------------------------/Cech, Martinez

It's not a bad squad on paper (I know we are probably not playing 4-4-2).
We are not allowed to have many injuries.

Holding already played around 20 games in the PL, Mavropanos had a good game against United. We have new midfield alternatives with Guendouzi, Torreira and AMN will get their games too.

The offensive players are very flexible. For the CB positon we still have Bielik and Sheaf for an emergency. We don't have many "deadwood" players anymore (only Campbell, Jenkinson, Ospina) left.

Great formatting btw.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Wolves and Fullham spending as much is not really a worry for me. Same goes for Westham and Everton. We've had two decent windows in a row and a somewhat good base to work on.

At least for now.

Problem is if they keep on doing it and start doing it well. West Ham had a pretty decent window, tbf.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

You got a point, though I think banking on an untested player from Ukraine pushing you forward is a bit too much for a club like theirs. Tbf Mourinho did have a list of couple of players he wanted, so it is kinda shocking they got apparently none of them, specially since he's been crying about wanting a cb and a fb all summer now.
Depends where he slots in.

But on paper Fred Matic Pogba is a decent midfield. Alexis Lukaku Rashford/Martial

I think the Cb issue has been over stated. They needed to get Bailly back and fit and make the most of Lindelof who cost him 30m.

If they really wanted a defender it's a full back. Valencia And Young are aging and Luke Shaw is questionable but probably enough to get them to January.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Great stuff Orny. exceptional deal? and we have no money left yeah right

There will always be money for an exceptional player but I think its a player of an Mbappe sort of ilk.

I think Dembele is the bracket under that talent wise I also don't think he'd join us at this period of his career, maybe next summer if he still doesn't work with Barca.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I actually think people might be underestimating the effect Fred's arrival could have on Utd. Their problem last year was just a totally disjointed and flat style of play. Fred is a very technical midfielder. I think he'll sort of link everything together and they may look much better and more fluid.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
How on earth can we still be "optimistic but not close" on a Ramsey contract. We've been optimistic but not close for like 6 months now. This is taking the piss. I assume he's staying, but I had hoped for much more clarity and even a captaincy announcement. Give us something to get excited about.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Wolves have signed a lot of players but their net spend isn't actually that high compared to Fulham for example who have gone ham :lol:

Gursha

On a serious note, when was the last time Orny reacted so fast? i mean , was it like 20-30 min after kike broke it?

I will keep you all suffering and suggest the club ordered him as our mouth piece to tweet something like that in order to not draw attention from other clubs that might want to enter the deal.

Thats the best deluded thing i could come up with.

The sad thing is, all of you ( including me) deep deep down, will believe/hope/pray its true.

Sorry everyone.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
On a serious note, when was the last time Orny reacted so fast? i mean , was it like 20-30 min after kike broke it?

I will keep you all suffering and suggest the club ordered him as our mouth piece to tweet something like that in order to not draw attention from other clubs that might want to enter the deal.

The sad thing is, all of you ( including me) deep deep down, will believe/hope/pray its true.

Sorry everyone.
i think because its deadline day so he wanted to make it clear

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Sorry everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten
Top Bottom