• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the last sub? Would be better to sub in some more defence instead of Özil in my mind... We was under pressure and did not have much ball upfront wich would be needed if Özil is gona come to his best..
Özil aint a guy to lean on in the defence part so might have been better with AMN or Kola

Giroud12

Perfect management today. Most things spot on, maybe Laca should have finished the game, but thats easy to say now and given the fact that we got a late pen.

Such a good coach, we´re lucky to have him.

LG10

Tactically he’s amazing, we’re competitive in the big games now. He’s got to find the right balance against the other 14 teams then we’re set

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Hope he tries to get that red card rescinded. I mean, I know it wont work because it's Arsenal but hope he tries anyway and at the same time bring attention to that stamp on Kos.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The performances against Sp**s, Chelsea, United away, City away, Liverpool home, and us pressuring them and taking the lead at Anfield, makes me appreciate the work he is doing tactically.

It seems that he is more suited to teams having to force the issue, and can plan well around that. When it comes to us having to take the advantage he has sometimes come up short there, with us looking out of ideas and an inability to put games to bed.

All in all, he gives me hope for the run in with recent performances. He needs to build on this during the run in, and continue with what we are doing, and look to deliver a top four finish.

For the near future though he has to bring back our desire to attack and play with flair to sit on top of our hard working current nature. If he can do that, he would have my support for the medium term.

A talented manager, no doubt about it. But he needs to get us back to playing the Arsenal way, now with a new steel and tactical flexibility.

Last edited:

Beast Incarnate

Amazing how a couple of games can totally change the tide of opinions.

Wasn't that long ago people were writing him off.

He's made some mistakes, but you have to remember it's a learning process for him as well. It's a totally new league, in a new country and with a squad that isn't his.

I'm actually excited to see us when he really puts his fingerprint on the team.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

For me it is so far so good. He is doing a really solid job with the team. He has balls enough to bench 'star' players like Özil when he feels they are not right for a game like yesterday. We just need more squad upgrades overall for us to challenge. Don't think Liverpool and Man City are miles off. We can still catch the ****s and ManU this season. Next season the ****s will be **** again anyhow.

People craving for more flair and demanding/expecting the Arsenal way of playing from Emery will be disappointed. He is just not that kind of a manager. He has come out and said now many times. He is the horses for courses type of manager. Depending on the opponents, you will see a different line up and formation. We have failed miserably against the big teams trying to play the Arsenal way under Wenger. That approach (Arsenal way)needs almost an incredible amount of talent and right type of players , playing in the right position. So far, I only see Mancity who play the same way (Guardiola way)in almost all the games. We dont have the luxury of their budget. Sure, we can go ahead and assemble the team within our limited budget, who can do that week in and week out, but that is incredibly difficult. And I am not sure, if Emery has any directive from the board to want to play a certain way. There will be games, where we will be lethal attacking wise and in some games more pragmatic, or at least is what I believe will happen going forward.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
You’ve just got to look at how we’ve performed away against the big teams to see Emery is a fantastic tactician.

Away to Chelski, we attacked perfectly but our players missed inexplicable chances, it was the same against Spuds. Yanited away we missed some big chances, and some ridiculous defending cost us- like when we shipped five against Liverpool. Going to the Etihad is a monumental task, but we still gave a good account of ourselves. Once again a lapse in concentration from Iwobi meant we were up against it.

Had some of our players performed better individually in these games, we would’ve won two or three of them at the very least. There’s nothing wrong with the way we setup, Emery can’t legislate for players screwing up.

It’s clear our board won’t be pumping funds into the club, as annoying as that is. However, with the Adidas kit deal kicking in, player sales, and potentially CL football- Emery could have a tasty budget to work with.

I hope he’s able to get three or four of the players he desires. Then we can really see what he’s about.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I love how Iwobi and Guendouzi are developing under his reign. I know some of you don't rate them, I myself do, but you can't deny that they are getting better and at this rate they will be part of our core for years to come. Same goes for Holding and Bellerin before they got injured. Exciting.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I love how Iwobi and Guendouzi are developing under his reign. I know some of you don't rate them, I myself do, but you can't deny that they are getting better and at this rate they will be part of our core for years to come. Same goes for Holding and Bellerin before they got injured. Exciting.
Don’t think Iwobi is showing enough given the minutes he’s had.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Even with his better games in mind, if his future lies at Arsenal it's in the second or even third line as a sub and rotation option.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

It's true that hasn't shown enough. However I also see that he adds new weapons to his arsenal. For example his dribbling has been on another level this year, he did not do that as much last year. He's 23 at the start of next season so I hope he adds shooting and goalscoring to his skills, and if he does that, he's a deserved starter for me. I believe he can be a 20-25 goals/assists per season player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom