• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It's relevant in that you sack a manager to get better. Completely outside of Wenger context. But the comparison to the last manager is a viable one as to indicate if you've done the right thing in sacking the last guy and if you've got the right guy as successor. Regardless of points total and wtf not, if the new guy doesn't get better hard results, e.g. CL qualification, you could've just stuck with the last guy. 5th with 63 points or 5th with 73 points doesn't make a difference. It's still 5th. So in the evalution if it was right to get rid of the last manager and if the new manager is the right one, the comparison to the gone manager is the benchmark. Because you don't sack to get worse or do just the same, you sack to get better. I know for some this is a hard to handle fact with the two decade Wenger consistency, but that's how any other club is run.
A very fair assessment.

Where I differ to most posters, is that I always thought Wenger did very well given the constraints he was operating under. His stats were amazingly consistent apart from the last two seasons, which I discount because of the enormous pressure he was operating under.

Emery is subjected to similar constraints with Kroenke in charge, and is likely to get around 75 points, which puts him firmly in Wenger country. Which for me is very good. And particularly as it’s his first season.

I’m very happy with him, as I was with Wenger.

Those people who were frothing at the mouth with Wenger though are busting a gut to make this season look like a massive improvement. Well we didn’t lose 8-2 to United but we did lose 5-1 to Liverpool, our away form isn’t good and we’re still shipping goals. We lost to BATE, and to Rennes, but managed to pip them at home.

But I see this mainly as down to the squad and the lack of back up when injury strikes, rather than a problem with Emery. A squad is only as good as it’s weakest players and with the likes of Mustafi playing regularly, I’m not sure what any coach can do.

Emery needs time, before people judge him properly, but the early signs are good.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
A very fair assessment.

Where I differ to most posters, is that I always thought Wenger did very well given the constraints he was operating under. His stats were amazingly consistent apart from the last two seasons, which I discount because of the enormous pressure he was operating under.

Emery is subjected to similar constraints with Kroenke in charge, and is likely to get around 75 points, which puts him firmly in Wenger country. Which for me is very good. And particularly as it’s his first season.

Those people who were frothing at the mouth with Wenger though are busting a gut to make this season look like a massive improvement. Well we didn’t lose 8-2 to United but we did lose 5-1 to Liverpool, our away form isn’t good and we’re still shipping goals. We lost to BATE, and to Rennes, but managed to pip them at home.

But I see this mainly as down to the squad and the lack of back up when injury strikes, rather than a problem with Emery. A squad is only as good as it’s weakest players and with the likes of Mustafi playing regularly, I’m not sure what any coach can do.

Emery needs time, before people judge him properly, but the early signs are good.
I've never seen you hate a player as much as you hate Mustafi.
:rofl:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I've never seen you hate a player as much as you hate Mustafi.
:rofl:
I don’t hate Mustafi. Just see him make crucial mistakes week in, week out. Apart from his heading ability, I really think he’s a poor footballer. But that’s just my opinion.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
A very fair assessment.

I'm mostly happy and impressed with him, but I remain worried about our away form. Can he turn it around over the coming games?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I'm mostly happy and impressed with him, but I remain worried about our away form. Can he turn it around over the coming games?
I’m not sure he can, with our injuries and now a Sokratis ban as well. He needs a summer transfer window to get a few things sorted.

Worried about Sven gone though and Kroenke’s investment.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I don’t hate Mustafi. Just see him make crucial mistakes week in, week out. Apart from his heading ability, I really think he’s a poor footballer. But that’s just my opinion.
I agree with you Trax. I'm just simply pointing out that the player is so frustrating that even you have listed him in several posts as being a primary contributor to problems in the squad. Or at least the team on the day... You hardly ever do that so Mustafi has seriously irritated our fan base it seems.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Really need he keep us great at hope after wenger his bigger test is making us better away he improved us against big teams specially at home

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I’m not sure he can, with our injuries and now a Sokratis ban as well. He needs a summer transfer window to get a few things sorted.

Worried about Sven gone though and Kroenke’s investment.
I'm more worried about Kroenke's lack of investment

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Our best defensive away performance was probably Sp**s, which had a back line of Kos and Sok, the only other time they started together away was West Ham. They are vital for this Europa run.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom