• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

blaze_of_glory

I think a lot of the fallout is due to us not having quite progressed to the EL final, and the nervousness that brings. Add to that the possibility of Sp**s (they won’t) joining Liverpool in the final, and it’s doom.

A Sp**s exit and us getting to our final will put a complete different complexion on things. Sp**s will be trophyless again, and we’ll have either Chelsea or Frankfurt in a very winnable final. I imagine this thread will get a bit of a break in the meantime.
Indeed. Things (especially emotions) change so quickly in this game, often from week to week.

In the immortal words of Mitchel and Webb, theres everything to play for and forever to play it in.

I’ve not read the link, but ‘you never know’ says it all. You definitely never know in under a year. Not only that, if you think you do, then you must have bumped your head.

Just read it , takes only 2 minutes. Its funny, how Liverpool fans were questioning Klopp , not that they should not. Reading that, i felt we are exactly in the same situation as they were just 2 years ago.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Just read it , takes only 2 minutes. Its funny, how Liverpool fans were questioning Klopp , not that they should not. Reading that, i felt we are exactly in the same situation as they were just 2 years ago.
I'd say we're in a worse state then they were :lol: Work to be done, a few astute signings to be made and then get some momentum going. Picking up the EL while we're at it will go a long way, hopefully.

I agree, not expecting a CL final in next 3 years . But at least challenging for the title again and having a strong team who can go do the job consistently against Brighton and Barcelona. Job being winning . We remain the only top 3 big club in England(us, Utd, Liverpool) who have not won the PL/CL in the last 15 years.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'd say we're in a worse state then they were :lol: Work to be done, a few astute signings to be made and then get some momentum going. Picking up the EL while we're at it will go a long way, hopefully.

When Rodgers left that side was dogsh*t mate. Didn’t even have one top class player left at that point.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I’ve not read the link, but ‘you never know’ says it all. You definitely never know in under a year. Not only that, if you think you do, then you must have bumped your head.
Here's another Liverpool blog that describe Klopp's first season:
When Klopp took over from Brendan Rodgers in October 2015, he inherited a Liverpool squad which had played a number of different formations and broader approaches over the past few years, as Rodgers generally had a flexible approach. With a hectic schedule and little coaching time available, he adopted a 4-2-3-1 that featured a lot of pressing but not much in the way of a clear idea in possession. Despite reaching a Europa League final, Liverpool in 2015/16 were not a particularly interesting side and it was not until the following preseason that Klopp was able to really instigate his style at the club.

A lot of people excuse Klopp's performances in the league because he put his "style" on the team, even though as this fan describes that's simply not the case. The reason people mention Klopp/Guardiola in this thread so much is because it took them two (in Klopp's case really 3) years to get their teams performing at the highest level, yet people expect Emery to turn it around overnight. It was always "don't judge Klopp with Rodgers' players" but they never extend the same courtesy to Emery. And yes Wenger hampered by all the dross in the squad as well but the difference is that he signed them. All that money down the drain and now the club are feeling the effects years on. Of course Emery has made mistakes but unlike his predecssor he hasn't had the luxury of spending £35m on a a CB like Mustafi, or £127m on 3 strikers in the space of 18 months.

thierrytheking14

Maybe we just need more Henderson and Milner types? Power and passion. Running around a lot. Shouting. The British way.

How would Özil have reacted in a game like that? How long would Xhaka have remained on the pitch? How many penalties would Shkodran have given up? Does Kola even lift?

We need a British core again.
43ABB7F500000578-0-image-a-8_1503996529775.jpg

LGooner98

I agree, not expecting a CL final in next 3 years . But at least challenging for the title again and having a strong team who can go do the job consistently against Brighton and Barcelona. Job being winning . We remain the only top 3 big club in England(us, Utd, Liverpool) who have not won the PL/CL in the last 15 years.
not just 15 years but we have never won the CL !

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Emery hasn't sold Lucas Moura.
Emery has never been in charge of anything transfer related at PSG.

Moura was sold by Henrique, their sporting director, because they absolutely needed the money to comply to the FFP. :lol:

Emery was using Moura a lot and he was having his best season at PSG before they've bought Neymar & Mbappe.

Beast Incarnate

Emery hasn't sold Lucas Moura.
Emery has never been in charge of anything transfer related at PSG.

Moura was sold by Henrique, their sporting director, because they absolutely needed the money to comply to the FFP. :lol:

Emery was using Moura a lot and he was having his best season at PSG before they've bought Neymar & Mbappe.

You can't let the truth and facts get in the way of a good meme.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think psg got 25M from moura too. Let's be honest he hasn't been that good for Sp**s until last few games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom