• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

We've been playing trash football long before Emery arrived. We also play better with no Özil in the line up. There's good reason this kind of players don't play at the highest level or get shifted for much better and more complete players.
We really don't. We were abysmal in the winter period in which he played almost no part. And in fact had a brief bounce back after he came back into the lineup regularly following the humiliation against BATE. Not that it lasted...

Fact is in hindsight we were trash for the bulk of the season, regardless of who was playing.

Zaza

He dropped Ramsey because he was playing ****. He also dropped Özil because he was playing ****. Pretty much what I'd expect a manager to do.

Ramsey only stepped up when the contract situation became clear. He wanted to put himself in the shop window. I'm pretty certain if Ramsey had signed a big contract like Özil, he'd be putting in half arsed performances as well.
That's a lie. Ramsey was not playing ****. Even when he was having bright cameos - Emery refused to start him.
He sets his team up with his full backs as a source of creativity.

say yes

forum master baiter
Lacazette missed chances in both legs.

Strikers miss chances in every game. Not sure why people keep going on about this as if it’s only our forwards that ever miss chances. People usually talk about a 25% conversion rate being elite ffs.

It’s getting the chances which is the difficult bit (which is why gifting clear-cut ones to your opposition is so criminal). Atletico’s away goal is what ****ed us and that was 100% on Koscielny.

blaze_of_glory

Strikers miss chances in every game. Not sure why people keep going on about this as if it’s only our forwards that ever miss chances. People usually talk about a 25% conversion rate being elite ffs.

It’s getting the chances which is the difficult bit (which is why gifting clear-cut ones to your opposition is so criminal). Atletico’s away goal is what ****ed us and that was 100% on Koscielny.
Wish I could give this half a like

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
We really don't. We were abysmal in the winter period in which he played almost no part. And in fact had a brief bounce back after he came back into the lineup regularly following the humiliation against BATE. Not that it lasted...

Fact is in hindsight we were trash for the bulk of the season, regardless of who was playing.
Almost all of the big games we've played very well compared to previous years this has had very little to do with Özil or he wasn't even in the team. In that stretch apart from glimpses he wasn't really a protagonist either. Its Ramsey's return to form and then his injury that had the most impact.

Zaza

We've been playing trash football long before Emery arrived. We also play better with no Özil in the line up. There's good reason this kind of players don't play at the highest level or get shifted for much better and more complete players.
First half of last season - we were playing great while being unlucky(i.e the game against Stoke where Lacazette had that goal disallowed). The only game I can think of where we were a 100 percent **** was against Liverpool.
We played better football at home in Wenger's last season than presently.
Honestly Wenger was right when he said that team wasn't far from challenging for the title.
If we had kept Ox, Coq, Walcott and signed Aubamayeng instead of Lacazette - we would've at least made top 3 even if Alexis got sold and we replaced him with someone like Mahrez.

Twitter is very anti Emery also atm.

I think majority is anti Emery at the moment. Arsenal is known to fall short and showing weak mentality in crunch times. We ask for manager to come in and change that. Easiest top4 race in recent years and we fail big time then get humiliated in EL final.

But hopefully we can become a tactical chameleon next season with the right players Djankoman and Fraser!

Can’t wait for Raul to send Özil back to Turkey so that we can be friends again.

Özil is here to 2021 I think. I don't think you should waist your time waiting to regain a old friendship. The life is to short for that! Just be his friend and agree to disagree on this matter! :)

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
First half of last season - we were playing great while being unlucky(i.e the game against Stoke where Lacazette had that goal disallowed). The only game I can think of where we were a 100 percent **** was against Liverpool.
We played better football at home in Wenger's last season than presently.
Honestly Wenger was right when he said that team wasn't far from challenging for the title.
If we had kept Ox, Coq, Walcott and signed Aubamayeng instead of Lacazette - we would've at least made top 3 even if Alexis got sold and we replaced him with someone like Mahrez.
Don't agree with that.

We were sort of close to winning the title in the Leicester season but Wenger chose not to sign a striker, cb and midfielder that would've surely wrapped it up.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I'll be back on the Emery train if and when he gets us playing exciting football. Can easily forgive some poor results or a slow build process if there's some spark of inspiration to chase.

To play exciting football you need exciting players.

This is the worst Emery side I've ever seen in football quality. His PSG/Sevilla/Valencia teams were playing better football than this current Arsenal side. Creative players like Draxler, Di Maria, David Silva, Banega had great years under Unai.

Wenger couldn't make the same group of players play exciting football in a consistent way too even though he was known for that.

Wenger has played his best football with the like of Cesc Hleb Nasri Wilshere RVP Rosicky. Those players are all on another planet in terms of football IQ and technical abilities. The only player in our squad who could compare to them is Özil, but he's been missing for more than a year.

I think we've massively overrated Sven's work. Leno has been the only signing who was a massive improvement on what we already had.
Torreira and Guendouzi are good signings but they haven't improved us yet in a significant way.
Sokratis is not an improvement on what we already had.

We needed a top quality CB and a winger we haven't got those.

Let's hope Raul & Edu bring better players.

Because with or without Emery, it has become obvious we need much better players.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I'll be back on the Emery train if and when he gets us playing exciting football. Can easily forgive some poor results or a slow build process if there's some spark of inspiration to chase.
I think if we had good wide players and fullbacks this season we'd have played much better more often and probably be in the CL.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
If Guardiola or Klopp were the Arsenal coach, who do you think they'd keep in our current squad to apply their philosophy?

Which Arsenal player would be a good fit in their philosophy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom