• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I would rather us lose playing like we did on Thursday than draw like vs United.
Once a team gets a manager who knows what he is doing the wins come by themselves.

Some wouldn’t give a chance to a player like Tadic... he went to Ajax and became a key player in a proper system. We coulda do something similar with Özil, Auba and even Laca... surrounded by young players in a proper system working as a team. But no... he prefers to freeze Özil and play 3 dms and his beloved Xhaka even if the midfield doesn’t work with him.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

If you only look for negatives you will find just that. It's plain stupid to me.

I already wrote an answer to ThlRama yesterday, but went to sleep:

"But this substitution and the comeback fact (which seems quite equal with Wenger, but I'm sure GDeep will provide us the link for his source) of course only tells how bad Emery is setting up the team.

He is very bad tactically and cannot motivate the team to comeback because they don't understand a thing that he says.

And better record than Wenger against big teams is only one season sample and basically luck, top managers would know their enemies in & out no matter how long they have been in certain league."

It seems I got it quite right, basically I could talk to myself here without anyone answering. :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
@drippin transfermarket. You wrote something about there being a clear improvement and there being panic and no hope when falling behind with Wenger in the last two years, yet it’s been proven to you that Wenger got more points from behind in his final season than Emery last season. This despite Wenger having Auba from just Jan and an injured Laca.

Let’s not forget Wenger actually won something in the year before he left. His worst year ever but he still won a trophy.

ChefMan21

I don't think we have the quality in the squad to play like Wenger's (glory) teams did. Those days died 15 years ago, one might argue, since that's when we last won a comp.

I know it's what we want to play, but I think we need to go back to first principles and learn how to defend. I've always felt that when we've been at our best it's being because our defence was great, with the attack being able to flourish because everyone had confidence in our ability to defend (and reorganise quickly). Similarly, the teams that go on to win the title always have amongst the best defence: quite often less than 40 goals conceded.

Sometimes I think we have a mentality of both being in a permanent finals series, where every game is a knockout, and a need to win every game 2-0. We don't. There's no difference in winning all 38 games 1-0 to winning all games 2-0: we would still get 114 points and win the comp. The club was built on 1-0 to the Arsenal...

drippin

@drippin transfermarket. You wrote something about there being a clear improvement and there being panic and no hope when falling behind with Wenger in the last two years, yet it’s been proven to you that Wenger got more points from behind in his final season than Emery last season. This despite Wenger having Auba from just Jan and an injured Laca.

Let’s not forget Wenger actually won something in the year before he left. His worst year ever but he still won a trophy.

I know, and I answered I might remember wrong. How do you look it from Transfermarkt, is there a search function for it? You could basically claim anything, I have no time to look every match if it is true.

Anyway, they were very close in those seasons in comebacks. How much was the difference in points from comebacks between Emery and Wenger, you haven't answered?

Emery much better in his 1st season against top 6, which is great improvement to me, not having to see the panic in big games that I remember. Wenger with only 1 win from rivals in EPL.

Why isn't Wenger's last season in Arsenal the worst? He didn't win anything then?

GDeep™

League is very weak
No one is asking us to play like Wenger, that’s impossible, especially for a bum like Emery.

Also, Wenger ball featured Song, Clichy, Giroud, Adebayor, Walcott, Diaby, Flamini, Sagna, Almunia etc. You don’t need great players.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I might be being dramatic but Emery making Xhaka captain and basically a guaranteed starter could legitimately be his undoing here. The guys so clunky he basically needs a conservative partner next to him, while he also demands to be the deepest midfielder. Torreira holding + 2 high energy guys flanking him seems to be such and obviously better balance but I worry we'll only see it in cup games.
I'd hope it doesnt make him a guaranteed starter. I also dont think it will.

GDeep™

League is very weak
On my way to the gym atm but I will go on transfermarket and find the direct link so you can work out what you want.

You said there was a clear improvement, which there clearly wasn’t. That’s all I wanted to show.

@drippin

drippin

On my way to the gym atm but I will go on transfermarket and find the direct link so you can work out what you want.

You said there was a clear improvement, which there clearly wasn’t. That’s all I wanted to show.

@drippin

Yes and I thanked for it. I'm totally fine when proven wrong, unlike some who don't take responsibility for what they say. :) For example you claiming with a quote from Mertesacker that he didn't say Özil is unfit, when in the same article he basically says it three times.

Anyway, not a big difference still, one position according to your source.

Maybe you can answer my other question why you chose Wenger's 2nd last season as his worst when he won FA Cup, too later, thanks!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Yes and I thanked for it. I'm totally fine when proven wrong, unlike some who don't take responsibility for what they say. :)

Maybe you can answer my other question why you chose Wenger's 2nd last season as his worst when he won FA Cup, too later, thanks!

Wenger had two of his worst seasons before he left, they were both bad, but he still won a trophy is my point. They were both very bad.

That said, despite the transfers, money and windows that Emery has had here, the numbers show Emery is operating at a similar level to that terrible final Wenger season.

drippin

Wenger had two of his worst seasons before he left, they were both bad, but he still won a trophy is my point. They were both very bad.

That said, despite the transfers, money and windows that Emery has had here, the numbers show Emery is operating at a similar level to that terrible final Wenger season.

Okay, but it looked like you cherry picked that season for no logical reason.

Yes they are quite equal. You have to take into account that it was Emery's first season in a new league and new team, with a lot of in's and out's.

No one is using the same logic to Wenger btw? How bad is he tactically setting up the team, having to come back even more than Emery to get points? :)

While having been 20 years in EPL, knowing all his enemies!? (I'm not saying he is bad tactically, just having a laugh.)

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

By the way, has anyone realized how many comebacks there have been under Emery?

I'm not sure of the total count, but I think there are quite many.

Last two years under Wenger there was not much confidence in getting back from tough situations, and mostly panic, so this is one clear improvement in my view.

There seem to have been plenty. I'd prefer it if we didn't need to comeback though. It'd be nice (and less stressful for us fans) if we took the lead and built on it during the game.

blaze_of_glory

Actually pretty telling that defence of Emery is now just pointing fingers at Wenger and saying "but he couldn't do x"

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Damage is done with Emery for me. Collapse last season, humiliation the the EL final, poor start to this season. His line ups and subs have been poor ever since he got here. We have no attack. This is Emery and it’s dreadful.

Think my stance is reasonable with the above points.

What do you mean we have no attack?

Godwin1

Very well-known
Damage is done with Emery for me. Collapse last season, humiliation the the EL final, poor start to this season. His line ups and subs have been poor ever since he got here. We have no attack. This is Emery and it’s dreadful.

Think my stance is reasonable with the above points.
Yeah I think he's leaving or left his grace period with us now I'd be surprised if the majority of fans are with him after Christmas unless he goes on a big run.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Actually pretty telling that defence of Emery is now just pointing fingers at Wenger and saying "but he couldn't do x"

That it's getting very hard to actually find anything good to say about Emery himself.

Likely has something more to do with the fact that a bunch of hot-take merchants keep spaming each and every thread on A-M with hate/nonsense/ *****ing constantly and the sheep/followers for likes follow suit so anything remotely positive said about the manager or what he’s doing is drown out. For example Emery plays/backs some academy products/ young new signings and you have idiots on here quickly trying to discredit Emery by looking up under which managment team they were first scouted/linked (not signed and/or given their first run of games) or full on just refusing to give him kudos and saying how Emery had no choice but to play them, but not giving him credit for getting players like Mhki and Elneny out to clear up a path to the first team.

The whole mood on the forum, win/lose/draw, is toxic and disrespectful to Emery (A-M has to autocorrect to his full name to attempting to curb idiots taking a cheap shot FFS) and you’d think the club were in the relegation zone. Posters just can’t handle the growing pains of change/change in style (which most said they wanted both of not to long ago) but they keep getting free reign spew crap for some reason.

Also a lot of Arsenal “supporters” are looking funny in the light as you can see through their posts/*****ing that they were/are only really here because of Wenger (or Özil) in his high times as they don’t actually support the club first and foremost at all.

Emery’s deal has a break option after this season, if the club don’t think he’s doing a good job they’ll easily part ways and find a new person. Simple. Until then, I wish a bunch of people on A-M looked in the mirror and asked themselves why they watch Arsenal matches and post on A-M and either STFU and got behind the team/manager until the end of the season/the rebuild or GTFO and went to go support City like the glory hunters they sound like, or full on walk away from the sport and go pick up another “hobby”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom