Usmanov or "Silent" Stan?

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by 23AndreyArshavin, Oct 14, 2011.

?

Are you for or against a potential takeover?

1. For

128 vote(s)
    91.4%
  2. Against

12 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. 23AndreyArshavin

23AndreyArshavin New Member

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...e-prepares-to-test-Stan-Kroenkes-resolve.html

I'd love to see Usmanov take over, he wants to make us a force again and could possibly bring Dein back to Arsenal.

Can't see it happening tho and we'll have to deal with PHW and co still :(

2. DJ_Markstar

DJ_Markstar Well-Known Member

I'd like to see a poll added to this thread...would be interesting to see where everyone is at.

3. ebouenolike

ebouenolike New Member Trusted

Usmanov is a United fan and a shady character, but he has plenty of £££. Stan is more dignified and is a more presentable leader, unfortunately he is poorer, silent and seems to have very limited interest.

I would still pick Stan for the time being, but he's not exactly set the world alight. Who knows how Usmanov would act if in control.

4. mo50

mo50 Active Member Elite

Every club that will come between us and success has sold itself to the devil, I see no major reason why we shouldn't aswell. Unlike City/Chelsea we already have a rich history so its not like he'd define us.

5. Bossa

Bossa New Member

What positive contribution has Kroenke made for Arsenal?

6. dpt49

dpt49 New Member

Kroenke
    Won't spend money
    Doesn't know much about football or "soccer"
    Doesn't go to many matches
    Only seems interested in Arsenal as a business

Usmanov
    Wants us to spend money
    Likes football
    Does go to matches
    Is willing to put his own money into the club

Hmmm,
    Which one to choose

Hunter Zolomon likes this.
  7. Beksl

Beksl Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for Kroenke to put some money in to the club. Maybe it depends on whether we qualify for the CL or not. In any case I'm very disappointed with his lack of activity and his media presence.

8. ebouenolike

Likes Manchester United.
    How many Arsenal games has he gone to?
    Was the first person to try and take money from the club (dividends).

Bergkamps Boot likes this.
  9. Anzac

Anzac Active Member

At this point I don't care if they take dividends or not,
    PROVIDED they then do their utmost to improve the club on & off the pitch.
    IMO this scenario of not taking dividends is little more than some smoke & mirrors BS like our self funding etc = it's become an excuse to do NOTHING.

10. Beksl

Beksl Well-Known Member

That's just one side of the coin, on the other hand he's the only one who was proactively trying to rise additional funds for the club.

And how many Arsenal games has Kroenke gone to?

11. Bossa

Bossa New Member

Usmanov also has 10 billion dollars more than Kroenke. I mean what does money means for him. I dont care about us having a sugar daddy. Wenger and the board probably dont want him because all their hard work this past decade would be undone when Usmanov comes blasting in.

12. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Arse Emeritus Administrator

It's very easy for that fat, ugly criminal to spout whatever he thinks anyone wants to hear, a different matter if given an actual chance.

He's not an AFC fan, so if running and pumping his illegal funds into a club is really his desire, go 'bail out' another club.

Personally, I wish he was nowhere near our club.

13. Shue

Shue New Member Elite

Sums up my view pretty succinctly.

14. ebouenolike

Amen. It's very easy to talk a big talk when it means nothing and you have no power. The Liverpool fans were overjoyed with all the big talk of Hicks and Gillett, they're not so popular now...

15. NIPOLOPO

NIPOLOPO New Member

It's very easy for that Bud Walton arse licking twát to give the Arsenal fans silent treatment, a different matter entirely to actually run a prestigious club like Arsenal as if he's running a third-rate "franchise" Denver Nuggets.

He's not an AFC fan, so if running and pumping his borrowed money into a club is really his desire, go 'PIK' another club.

Personally, I wish he was nowhere near our club.

16. number_0

number_0 Member

I don't care who is the ownership at the moment, its the board that i want replaced.

17. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

I wish none of both was involved in our club.

18. squallkid

squallkid New Member

It comes to one phrase for me or one question so to speak

"Does the end really justify the means?"

If Usmanov was our owner, for all his criminal activities and general misdemeanors he would spend money, money that would improve our chances of winning a trophy but are the trophies worth sacrificing our upstanding and "right" way of doing things. The Arsenal way that has seen us slump to 15th this season, the Arsenal way that refuses to pay top dollar to players, the Arsenal way where 4th place isn't an embarrassment but a goal to aim for. Usmanov can take us away from all this with his dirty money but at what cost to our moral fibre as a club? I want our owner to spend money, I want us to be successful and most of all I love the club but I don't want us to sell our soul to a dirty Russian billionaire for a few trophies.

19. dpt49

dpt49 New Member

Ask any Chelsea supporter if they mind having a Russian criminal ploughing money into their club, he had never even been to Chelsea before he bought them, in fact they were his second choice.

Do Man city supporters mind having dubious owners that probably never knew anything about the club before they bought.

We have had the Hill Wood family for years taking money out of the club without putting any back and now Kroenke doing the same thing.

I am not saying Usmanov is the best choice but out of Kroenke and Usmanov he is the only choice until a billionaire Arsenal season ticket holder throws his hat into the ring

20. dpt49

dpt49 New Member

Unfortunately most Billionaires in the world are fat, ugly, criminals, so I don't think Usmanov is particularly different to any other prospective billionaire Arsenal owner