• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Usmanov or "Silent" Stan?

Are you for or against a potential takeover?

• For

Votes: 138 90.8%
  • Against

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kain

Established Member
Usmanov all the way. Since Kroenke bought the major shareholding in the club everything’s been downhill, players have legged it, fans are pissed off, and the form has been borderline relegation, don’t trust him or Gazidis to bring in the best manager to save us post Wenger either. There’s next to no chance that Kroenke will get us better commercial deals than 5th? richest man in Russia.

dpt49

Established Member
Shue said:
You are aware that Abramovich hasn't spent any of his own money buying players for Chelsea, right? He has loaned them the cash to buy players which he may or may not choose to write off when he no longer wants to own them.
Abramovich wrote off £340m in 2009 and he previously wrote off £36m that Bates owed for a Eurobond.

All I want is Kroenke to not to take money out of the club as a bare minimum.

Just remember profits made by the the club have been generated by things like sales of players and season ticket price increases, or to put it more simply the supporters.

I don't really see why we should put any more money into the pockets of someone like Kroenke who has more money than he knows what to do with

Shue

Established Member
That was just a smokescreen, read this.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/19/roman-abramovich-chelsea-loan-debt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... -loan-debt</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They owe him nearly £750m if he so chooses.

Viper

Established Member
I don't care who owns the club. Osama Bin Laden's family could own the club for all I care as long as we win trophies.

I'm sick and tired of us seeing us fail consistently and look at how weak Arsenal have become. We're a mid table side now and have been the laughing stock of this season.

Fans don't come to the games anymore and the stadium is half empty.

It's depressing.

I want Usmanov and couldn't give a damn whether he is a criminal or not. Abramovich also is apparently a criminal, but look what success that has bought Chelsea!

I want us to be on the level of Chelsea, United, and City. Not the level of Sunderland, Newcastle and Aston Villa.

dpt49

Established Member
Shue said:
That was just a smokescreen, read this.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/19/roman-abramovich-chelsea-loan-debt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... -loan-debt</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They owe him nearly £750m if he so chooses.
If this is true and he decides he has had enough, then Chelsea will go the same way as Leeds.

I would pay money to watch that

qs

Established Member
75b1bdc1-cd92-4963-bab2-706bcd9437ea_large.png

Seriously. I don't want either of them.

marco

i want nothing to do with kroenke or gazidis.
the american mafia is killing us-
as i keep saying if usmanov was american and kroenke was uzbekishtani we know who everyone would side with.
all the supporters trust etc etc are all in bed with gazidis because he talks to them lets them put up banners in the ground,yet we now have to tour asia and buy a korean striker for merchandise reasons.

usmanov+david dein has to be the way forward.
im fed up paying top dollar + seeing the club continuously miss out on top names+ selling their best players.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
marco said:
i want nothing to do with kroenke or gazidis.
the american mafia is killing us-
as i keep saying if usmanov was american and kroenke was uzbekishtani we know who everyone would side with.
You keep saying this? Must have missed it, 'cause I would have commented on just how absurd and small-minded this comment is. Like now.

evoh_1

Established Member
I don't agree with arsenal being owned by either but if we had to have new ownership i hope it would provide some capital to the club to spend on players and provide a change to what we have already. Don't think stan will ever bring that to the club as too much of his money is tied to the club and his other sports investments.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Kroneke will probably be a better owner than Usmanov but do you think if Usmanov was in charge we would have lost Nasri in the summer? Wenger said it on French radio he left for money and you can be damn sure that if Usmanov had taken over this summer then he would have first gotten rid of these stupid Nike and emirates shirt deals that is costing us around 30-40m in lost revenue each season then he would have made the board change our wage structure so we can pay players like nasri, van Persie,Vermaelen what they are actually worth
If we don't reach the CL this season then it will be a catastrophe not just the loss in revenue but players like van Persie, Walcott, song and Vermaelen will leave.We wont be attract top players to replace them because we can't give them CL football or top wages and 11-12 summer will look nothing compared to 12-13 summer

If Kroneke & the board want to become effective leaders to the club then first thing they then need to show IS ambition in January by at least 2-3 star players like Cahill, Hazard and a Damiao (or a good quality ST)
Sign van Persie,Walcott, song, Vermaelen to long term contracts and then keep Arsenal in CL

But I doubt any of this will happen and we will drop out of the CL we will lose our star players in The summer more than we lost last summer and we will go down to 6th-7th until fan anger boils over and Kroneke and wenger are forced out with Usmanov taking over at which point he will spill the money and we will spend huge amounts of money to get arsenal back into the top 4 but our future will always be in the balance

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Agree, with the exception of the comment on Gary Cahill.

Neither is he a 'star player', nor is he good enough for us.

I'd personally prefer Usmanov.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
jmsmtthw28 said:
Kroneke will probably be a better owner than Usmanov but do you think if Usmanov was in charge we would have lost Nasri in the summer? Wenger said it on French radio he left for money and you can be damn sure that if Usmanov had taken over this summer then he would have first gotten rid of these stupid Nike and emirates shirt deals that is costing us around 30-40m in lost revenue each season then he would have made the board change our wage structure so we can pay players like nasri, van Persie,Vermaelen what they are actually worth
I don't think that is sure at all, practicalities aside. As for making the board change the wage structure (strange way to put it by the way), I thought the idea was he'd pony up his own cash to get things done?

Bossa

Established Member
jmsmtthw28 said:
If we don't reach the CL this season then it will be a catastrophe not just the loss in revenue but players like van Persie, Walcott, song and Vermaelen will leave.We wont be attract top players to replace them because we can't give them CL football or top wages and 11-12 summer will look nothing compared to 12-13 summer

If Kroneke & the board want to become effective leaders to the club then first thing they then need to show IS ambition in January by at least 2-3 star players like Cahill, Hazard and a Damiao (or a good quality ST)
Sign van Persie,Walcott, song, Vermaelen to long term contracts and then keep Arsenal in CL

But I doubt any of this will happen and we will drop out of the CL we will lose our star players in The summer more than we lost last summer and we will go down to 6th-7th until fan anger boils over and Kroneke and wenger are forced out with Usmanov taking over at which point he will spill the money and we will spend huge amounts of money to get arsenal back into the top 4 but our future will always be in the balance

No club can pay the wages that City pay not even Barcelona or Real Madrid. They pay 200k a week for a dozen players. They dont pay the wages that some players deserve they just overpay for most of the players. We already overpay a lot of our players and I dont think that we underpay our stars. Fabregas, Henry and RVP were earning more than enough money. Just because some lunatic club pay 200k a week for the likes of Nigel de Jong and Emmanuel Adebayor doesnt mean that we should also do it.

And its not that easy to get rid of those Nike and Emirates deals that we made because otherwise we would have already done it. It was a bad deal to start with because the board clearly didnt thought of rising commercial revenues when they made the deal for the new stadium. I'm not a fan of Silent Stan but Usmanov is not some sort of saviour who will just rain down some money and make us like City.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
AnthonyG said:
jmsmtthw28 said:
I don't think that is sure at all, practicalities aside. As for making the board change the wage structure (strange way to put it by the way), I thought the idea was he'd pony up his own cash to get things done?
Usmanov would have a much more hands on approach and as an arsenal fan or player it won't have that same old Arsenal type felling that we get with Kroneke
With Usmanov controlling the club you can be sure that Dein would have been brought back and Usmanov would have used his cash and his influence to change the wage structure and the politics of the club

Kroneke thinking he can sit back and he has people here who can do no wrong is laughable.

We are in the worst state we have been since wenger joined and it's going to get even worse, this has to be time for the captain of the ship to step in but he really is living up to his billing of silent Stan

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We can't pay 200k to everyone but how about 120-140k to our 2-4 star players. Paying someone like almunia, squillaci 50k and paying someone like van Persie 90k at max is stupid
Look at united they paid someone like Hernandez 20k at start and now he had signed an improved contract and is earning 90k
Pay the player what he deserves not a hard thing really

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
@jms, you are far too sure of what you think will happen if Usmanov assumes control of the club. You are projecting your notion of what you want a sugar-daddy to do for us on to him.

Also, it's futile to want Stan to be talkative as that's not who he is. But, just because he isn't whispering in your ear doesn't mean he's sitting back etc., etc.

I'm not some big proponent of Stan's ownership, but there is a fair bit of scare-mongered panic and blind hope associated with this discussion, esp. with Usmanov being some kind of white knight, (poor horse).

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm optimist of Usmanov impact in the short term not long term
And I'm yet to see any positive impact of Kroneke

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
saying we will try to win everything and saying we want to be financially viable when we lose our best players every season while not spending the massive profits we make or wasting money on our broken wage structure is Just Wrong

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Well then, I'm sorry, but I struggle to take you seriously on this topic as you're clearly dazzled by the 'now, now, now' promise of some big-spending saviour.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If our club has a clear vision of the future then we can live through the misery that our club is going through now but it has done nothing of that sort and our lack of ambition for now and future is painting a very bleak future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom