• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

van persie attacked in amsterdam (again)

Sigun

why do they hate this guy...just because he played for there rivals???

I mean its not like we would want to hurt Ledley King or Teddy?

well...maybe teddy?

A

Anonymous

Backs up everything i say about other countries now being much more violent than the english fans. English crowd trouble has been destroyed through good policing and tough sentences, unfortunately our european neighbours still seem to ignore it and let acts of hooliganism go unpunished or very lightly treated.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It was a total disgrace - But i'm sure V.Persie is strong enough to move on and focus on fighting for his place at Arsenal.

I just hope he doesnt get booed when he makes his debut in a dutch shirt.

beanz

The Ajax fans certainly gave him the treatment when he came on as a sub on Sunday, every time he had the ball they were at it, but the gooners responded with an OLE whenever he was on the ball :mrgreen:

Arnie

it's undeserved. Van Basten had to protect him from getting injured by them once. Do they wanna kill him or something??

Bouchra

Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
It was a total disgrace - But i'm sure V.Persie is strong enough to move on and focus on fighting for his place at Arsenal.

I just hope he doesnt get booed when he makes his debut in a dutch shirt.

Of course he's strong enough...

I'm very curious what those stupid people are going to do when he scores :?

Arjan

Arnie said:
it's undeserved. Van Basten had to protect him from getting injured by them once. Do they wanna kill him or something??

Van Basten?

That was Daniel de Ridder.

calvinngai88

It was van Basten, pal. Ajax fans would definitely be supporting their country, Holland. So if RVP helps Holland to score a crucial goal, I don't think they'll jeer him anymore. Country always comes before club. :D

johe

theguvnor said:
Backs up everything i say about other countries now being much more violent than the english fans. English crowd trouble has been destroyed through good policing and tough sentences, unfortunately our european neighbours still seem to ignore it and let acts of hooliganism go unpunished or very lightly treated.

I agree whole-heartedly with you Guv. England may have had problems in the past, and still have some hooligans coming in for the big national tournaments, but if you look at countries like Italy and Greece, the hooliganism is a whole lot worse than in England. In Italy they frequently have right-extremist banners, and chant racist things at black players. In the Greek cupfinal a couple of years ago, the supporters were setting of fireworks aimed at the other supporter-section and they had to stop the game for 15 minutes to let the smoke dissapear, because no one could see 5 yards in front of themselves. Then the loosing team set the stadium section where they were sitting on fire after the game. It seems like Holland has a problem as well.

Spartan

your right johe...the difference with greek clubs is that the hooliganism is all domestic. they never cause trouble in europe and with the national team, thats why we dont hear about it...but they def need to clean up the game in greece

Andrew

I hope he seriously wrecks Ajax in the future. Absolutely pathetic. All of my family in Amsterdam go for them but I can't say I'm a fan of them anymore.

Sol man

Definately lost respect for Ajax fans. He has done nothing to them to deserve this kind of treatment.
You would think that they would be happy with him because of the way he left Feyernoord

Arjan

calvinngai88 said:
It was van Basten, pal. Ajax fans would definitely be supporting their country, Holland. So if RVP helps Holland to score a crucial goal, I don't think they'll jeer him anymore. Country always comes before club. :D

It wasn't Van Basten, it were Daniel de Ridder and John van het Schip.
where is Van Basten?

The Dutch government doesn't do anything against football violence. It is insane. England "invented" hooligans, but it the most peacefull country when it comers to football.
I wish Holland would copy England.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season
Top Bottom