• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Vicente

seb_afc

Established Member
that would be great if we signed him!! then we could move reyes up front perminantly..or even on the right wing as an eventual replacement for freddie.

AfC_li4nGht

Arsenal almost sign him a few seasons ago... Would be a great buy but he's doesn't comes cheap... Wenger... how many times we have to say... IT's worldclass keeper and defender we NEED!!!

It's really fustrating that all the players we link so far are Midfielders which i think we have the best Wingers in the league... alikes the SWP

15millions for SWP? that money could buy Bonera/Mexes/Chivu/Kompany

Mark

Established Member
He'd be a great Pires replacement. We could probably afford him if Cole leaves.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
I would love him here, but it would mean we'd have to splash out. If we were going to splash I'd rather we do it on a class defender and keeper

MightyArsenal

I think Wenger started Taking reyes more seriously as a potential target after Vicente Rejected us. They are both very similar except Id say Vicente is a better Passer and also has tons more experience at the highest level. The only way we could get him would to do a swap deal with reyes. Otherwise hes cost Around £15-20 Million.

kiddou

Yeah he would be great but what do we do with Reyes then?? Move him upfront with Henry or what??
anyway he would cost somewhere around 15 mil. pounds...so it's out of our reach I think. No way to include Edu in the deal because he's going for free.

asajoseph

Established Member
seb_afc said:
we could do a swap deal with edu!

That'll be difficult, because Edu won't be contracted to the club.

I'd love this - I think Pires' days as an Arsenal player are running out (due to age). Reyes will be Henry's first choice partner next season, with any luck....

Asa

brianfrance

Established Member
Pires would be shocked to read that
He scored more than any other LM last season during an historic unbeaten run, he's 200% commited to the club as he wants to retire with the arsenal jersey. How can we ask for more ?
Problems didn't come from midfield, but from defense. Give him a break.
And we have good options for the LM with Reyes and Clichy both capable there when Pires need a rest.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Buying Vicente would be good and all, but personally,I think we should let Pires keep the spot. Lets not forget he has been in double-figures in goals for a long time already. He can't be replaced easily, and if he can be replaced, it'll be by Reyes.

Ratinho

Established Member
Shouldn't we at least pretend to strengthen our right hand side, before adding Vicente to Pires, Cole, Reyes, Clichy, and Henry's drifting habits?

asajoseph

Established Member
brianfrance said:
Pires would be shocked to read that
He scored more than any other LM last season during an historic unbeaten run, he's 200% commited to the club as he wants to retire with the arsenal jersey. How can we ask for more ?
Problems didn't come from midfield, but from defense. Give him a break.
And we have good options for the LM with Reyes and Clichy both capable there when Pires need a rest.

Brian,

With Pires, it's not a question of talent - like Bergkamp (and Zola), I think he's a player of the sort that will ALWAYS be able to contribute something to Arsenal. The question (just as with Bergkamp) is one of consistency. Pires hasn't been performing consistently this season, nor last, and I suspect that this will continue as he ages. Do I want Robert Pires to stay at the club? Of course. But with his inconsistencies of late, I don't think we'll be able to rely on him as much as we currently do next season.

asajoseph

Established Member
dev said:
If we need a winger, why dont we go for Downing...why does it always has to be a Spanish or a French player....they are always a disappointment when it comes to big games...

Because Downing has had half a good season so far. If you want to buy an English winger, it should be Wright-PHillips. But the simple fact is, that the better footballing talent is abroad these days, and English players are overpriced anyway.

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom