• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Vincent Enyeama

Humble Rex

Established Member
Re: Enyeama

Isn´t the ACN being rescheduled so that it won´t take place during the season in Europe?

Wouldn´t it explain a few things by the way if the valuations in FM are the ones Wenger is going by?

- Enyeama? Not more than 500k I tell you!

Paddy from Sweden

The rescheduling is about the ACN not taking place during a WC year that's all. About moving it to another time of the year is only something managers dream about. Blatter don't care about the clubs.

taylor314gh

Paddy from Sweden said:
The rescheduling is about the ACN not taking place during a WC year that's all. About moving it to another time of the year is only something managers dream about. Blatter don't care about the clubs.

Blatter is the one who said it should be in the summer by 2012. I think the African confederation wants more countries to be able to host it, that's why it is timed when it is.

Paddy from Sweden

If Blatter and FIFA want a change they can make it happen. He's a politician who just wants peoples votes so he says the right things to please some and do something else to please the others.

Proof

Established Member

African goalkeepers are usually awful. Even after a MOTM performance against Messi, I wouldn't like us to sign him.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Not good enough, not signing someone just because of one game.

ibby

Established Member

Proof said:
African goalkeepers are usually awful. Even after a MOTM performance against Messi, I wouldn't like us to sign him.
Historically, Africa produces excellent keepers (I know Africa's not a nation etc etc).

yuvken

Established Member

It's not just one game with this boy - he's had many "amazing" performances (like the one of a few days ago), and I hear his club has been surprised he was never snatched by the big guys.
But I personally agree with the tone here: he is not for us (though I admit it's not impossible for him: he was playing in a small time league - a challenge might get the best out of him). I'll keep waiting for Buffon, and will be only a bit disappointed if it is Akinfeyev instead.

lagos

Established Member

The first time I saw Enyeama in the Nigerian goal I thought what the hell is a shorty doing in goal but he is pretty good for a shorty and he has probably been (in my opinion) the only good thing about the Nigerian team in the last few years.

The isreali league is a far cry from the premiership but you must be pretty decent for a keeper to win player of the year in any league.

Having said all that, I don't know if Enyeama is what we are looking for as I have not seen him play at level similar to the premiership.

arsmile

Established Member

he's been the most impressive goalkeeper in the WC thus far...but that's the only match i've seen him play so i dunno what you can take from that.

i wouldnt mind taking a punt on someone like him, i'd rather spend 4mil on an unkown entity at this level, than spend 2 or 3 times that on the kind of mediocrity we've been linked with in this position, we wont spend money on a proven quality goalkeeper, so we might as well not spend it on a proven average keeper, and take a risk.

i see this as being very unlikely to happen though obviously.

ibby

Established Member

KY said:
I can't name one... refresh my memory?

Arthur Wharton, Robert Mensah, Thomas Nkono, Joseph-Antoine Bell, Jacques Songo'o, Essam El-Hadary. I'm sure there are more but yeah, we certainly shouldn't disregard him because of where he's from.

Now you've got the likes of the likes of Khune and Enyeama who are highly rated.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member

Not to mention Gary Bailey, who made almost 300 appearances for Manchester United and was capped for England. He grew up in South Africa.

It's unfair to write a player off because of his nationality.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom