• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Vito Mannone (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarkey

I remember being linked to a young Polish 'keeper, the name escapes me. I think we even had him on trial for a bit, I'm sure there was a thread on it or it was lost in the 'keepers thread. We must have snapped him up.

Linson

I've heard this Mannone kid is really something special, I live in Huddersfield which is right next to Barnsley and I intend to watch him play at the cheapest oppurtunity.

GoonerBaby

this is great for us in the long run...wenger is obviously trying to make all the players on loan stronger as anything over than the premiership in England is tough. Looks like quite a few of these kids are going to be the future first team...

unless some of them can't cope and end up being sold to wherever their being loaned :roll:

Clarkey

Not sure if it has been said, but I was wondering if the reason we are loaning players to non-Premiership teams is due to Wenger being burnt quite a few times now with players having their heads turned and leaving to join the Prem clubs they are on loan to?

weelip

Clarkey said:
Not sure if it has been said, but I was wondering if the reason we are loaning players to non-Premiership teams is due to Wenger being burnt quite a few times now with players having their heads turned and leaving to join the Prem clubs they are on loan to?

I think it is more of the guarantee that they will be in the first team on a regular basis. There will be no point for our youngsters to go to another premiership club only to play in their reserve.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Mannone Targeted by Napoli (?)

Seriously? they'll go from De Sanctis to Mannone? AND they will reportedly pay us 5m for him?? (SMH)

<a class="postlink" href="http://sports.yahoo.com/news/arsenal-goalkeeper-vito-mannone-targeted-113200729--sow.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.yahoo.com/news/arsenal-go ... --sow.html</a>

dpt49

Established Member
Re: Mannone Targeted by Napoli (?)

Even more unbelievable is that, "Inter is also thought to be showing an interest"
I can only assume that whoever said these things doesn't watch him play very often.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

ir the fact that he's Italian makes them make up stories like that.. besides, Inter has Handanovic, who is young (28) and is a vastly superior keeper (one of the best in Serie A)

evoh_1

Established Member

5 mil for mannone??? this is the same romour that had napoli takign djorou off us for 7 million in the summer, stop dreaming gooners the guy is our next free agent / perma loan.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

If we sold him/loaned him, would this mean Martinez is our no. 2/3?

I don't know how serious this rumour is (we've seen a few of these from Italy lately, as evoh said), but in a league where Nik is picked up by Juve (albeit on loan) anything is possible.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

USArsenal said:
ir the fact that he's Italian makes them make up stories like that.. besides, Inter has Handanovic, who is young (28) and is a vastly superior keeper (one of the best in Serie A)

Would even go as far as saying Handanovic is one of the best keepers in the world nowadays, top class whenever I've seen him (mostly for Udine last year though, but I haven't heard of any blunders for Inter either).

Would welcome selling Mannone, as it surely means we have to go for an experienced keeper as #2/competition for Szczesny. Also, even if he's a quite decent shot stopper, he lacks the attitude to make it at the top level

Fun fact: Out of all of our current players (bar Wilshere and Frimpong), Vito is our most senior player in the squad. He's here since 2005, mind blowing stuff if you think about who came here and left since then.

DontPushMe

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/keeper-mannone-wants-milan-move-after-arsenal-stint-3578821" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... nt-3578821</a>

Said his dream is to play for Milan eventually but wants to become our #1.

Selling him in Jan would be a good case of selling high IMO. Hes not very good and its clear to those of us who watch him a lot. If Napoli wants to spend 5M on him i'd bite their hand off.

VAVAVOOM 14

Him being Italian is probably a significant part of the allure if this is true. Maybe they figure he can be the next Buffon....

I wonder if any potential interest will wane after Szczesny reclaims the #1 spot?

However, if any waft of interest does remain by January I'd sell him to the first bidder. Time to relinquish these deadbeats within our ranks.

dpt49

Established Member

DontPushMe said:
http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/keeper-mannone-wants-milan-move-after-arsenal-stint-3578821" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Said his dream is to play for Milan eventually but wants to become our #1.
His dream could become our nightmare.

To be fair to him, he certainly doesn't lack self confidence.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado

someone up there is trying hard to do arsenal favors.

while this string of luck lasts, i hear squillaci and chamakh might be available!

BeijingBaller

Wow, I've seen some stats lately that put him among the top five or six keepers in the EPL on current form, and I think I'm starting to have more faith in him than in Flappy. Surprised everyone wants him gone given our keeper injury problems...

evoh_1

Established Member

whatever those stats are they can f#ck off, mannone is shocking and needs to eb moved on he hasn't been good this season and is as flappy as manny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom