• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Voltz. Transfered perm. ( now down to)

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Just on sky news
Voltz been sold to Fulham.
Its now down to personal terms.
Sorry no more on it

Adam

Established Member
Hope he has a good career. He might move back to Germany next.

Paves the way for Hoyte, or a new signing like Trabelsi. Unless Wenger want's Kolo to be the main back up/replacement for Lauren and have a differing CB partnership.

Sammer

Established Member
wow - things were heading in this direction. Reason must have been that Arsène didn´t see him ending up in the 1st team squad in the near future, since Moritz just stated in a german sportsmag (Kicker), that he would only leave Arsenal, if he didn´t get a chance to compete for the 1st team squad in the near future.

Let´s see how he develops at Fulham...

Sammer

Established Member
Adam, I would doubt that he´ll end up in the Bundesliga soon. The guy is happy to play in the EPL, plus he´ll play for a decent team.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I had hope he would of stayed.
All well now wonder whom will be next to go.
Maybe Jeffers but thats on another thread :D

reggiepaul

Center half is like Cygan - Sol - Senderos, deffos with little versatility.

On the right it's Lauren and Hoyte with some versatility

Then there is Kolo who can slot brilliantly in both positions - so there is depth.

Mark

Established Member
hoping we don't get injuries is too big a risk, last year we had a ridiculous amount of players missing towards the end of the season and we were in trouble. i think if the money we get for volz is good we shud spend it on a new player, especially since wiltord would be useless to turn to with injuries since he doesn't play with any real desire.

lewdikris

Established Member
Oh well, it was always on the cards. Toure's just too good at right back, and we have too many good central defenders to need a spare full back.

I guess he'll go.

O, and on the strikers front. Kanu's off in 10 days, so expect Bentley to be drafted in for at least one of the forty million games we have to play against Middlesborough. At least we have to play the same buggers so many times: it does allow a little experimentation because we know what we're gonna be facing at a time when we're stretched.

zerofeel

kinda sad to see a product of the arsenal youth team go but tats life since every player will want to play in the 1st team.That goes to show just how strong Arsenal have become over the years that even a promising full-back like Voltz cant get in..good luck to Voltz with his new career and hope to see him play for German someday... 8) just a tad worried in the forward department...do we have the depth to cover the regular forwards???*fingers crossed* tat our main attackin line dont get injured...

sienna

Ah well. I was hoping we wouldn't sell him. Still all the best to Volz and may he prosper there.

jc8gooner

Shame, but I think what we have is more than capable at the moment. Toure is the best RB we have had since lee dixon in terms of reliability, stamina and defensive capability. Lauren is still a more than capable player in that position, whatever people may have been saying. Hoyte is young and promising, plays for the England U-20's, and has impressed in Carling Cup games. Even further down, Olafur Skulason can play RB too and he has been capped by Iceland and is still young with potential. He played OK when he came on against Wolves in the Carling Cup.

I do not think that Wenger is making a big mistake. Wenger has probably told him that he will not be first choice for a while, as he did with Upson. If the player wants to leave having heard that news, it is up to him.

Mark

Established Member
good luck to him, good player and i hope he does well...not against us though. :wink:

Taozhe

Sigh .... I had been following up on Volz and hope he would be the ideal replacement for Lauren. Oh well ... .:(

AFCG7

Established Member
Well he hasnt signed himself.. which suggests to me that he either wants a better offer of personal terms or that he really wants to play at Arsenal.
Difficult decision for him.
Upson left us and 2 weeks later with all the injuries and suspensions we had he would have made it into the starting lineup easily.

JGooner

I wonder what the fee will be. In any case, if he goes, it will be interesting to see how Wenger organises the defence. If Toure retains the RB slot, then surely a new CB will be bought. Cygan is nowhere near good enough to be a first choice starter (I don't think he's good enough to be a sub either) and Keown will retire within the next year or two. Senderos could end up being another Adams but he is now just 18 and very injury prone, so a new CB would have to arrive.

If, however, Toure moves back to his preferred CB position, then what happens at RB. I don't think Lauren should remain first choice. Either a new RB should be bought (Carr or Trablessi seem possible) or Hoyte should take over. Given the fact that Wenger preferred Toure to Hoyte when Lauren was suspended suggests that the former is the more likely option.

Adam

Established Member
I don't think Arsène will be ruthless with Lauren and sign a new RB like Trabelsi. Lauren hasn't had a great season, but Arsène will see things more personally with the player and will know that he can improve. Arsène is loyal, and i'd love to be a player under him. I still have patience with Lauren, but if Lauren doesn't improve his performances to a level that Toure showed (or somewhat near!) then he will know that he doesn't deserve to be in the team.

Whatever happens, Arsène won't be unfair to the player.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom