• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Was the Arsenal fanbase too hard on Emi Martinez? - World Cup Hero

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We didn't have time to be hard on him lol guy spent 6 months with us as starter and left.

He made the right choice he play for Villa but he world cup winner now. Expect him to transfer to better club in 1-2 seasons

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

He did what was right for his career and you just have to say fair play.

I wonder though, would people say he backed himself playing elsewhere and not being willing to take bench?

or

Did he not back himself because he ran off due to competition with Leno?

Personally I'd say not sitting through the process he backed himself.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He did what was right for his career and you just have to say fair play.

I wonder though, would people say he backed himself playing elsewhere and not being willing to take bench?

or

Did he not back himself because he ran off due to competition with Leno?

Personally I'd say not sitting through the process he backed himself.

He'd been at Arsenal for a decade so I can understand his impatience. Also at that stage I think picking Leno for that Fulham game after all Emi had done in the weeks prior it was just the straw the broke the camels back, if he couldn't get his place after all that. Also his stock was so high at the time, if he spent a season on the bench he would've went down again. He absolutely did the right thing.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
His club situation tells the story. Villa number one. It's hardly Real Madrid. He'll have a good and solid career, but some make him sound like Oliver Kahn or Dasayev.
A great cup keeper but that doesn’t translate over the course of a regular season where his strengths of **** housing do not come into play. Very rarely is he facing pens but rather teams are slotting 2-3 goals past him frequently. Even today he gave up 3.

Pop Tart

Established Member
His club situation tells the story. Villa number one. It's hardly Real Madrid. He'll have a good and solid career, but some make him sound like Oliver Kahn or Dasayev.
How do you know he might not get a move to a bigger club? No one has called him the best keeper in the world on here.

Clubs be after him now.

bastun

Player:Saka
Emi should always be an Arsenal hero. But he's not a modern keeper, he's not great with the ball at his feet. He's always going to be a somewhat better shot-stopper than Ramsdale. But he just wasn't the keeper we needed, for the style we'd decided to play. I wish the man well, and the joy of all his accomplishments. But I don't regret him moving on. To me, it's the rare transfer that was good for both sides.
He is not a better shot stopper than Ramsdale. Stoppiing shots is his weakest link. He concedes so many easy goals. But it cannot be denied he has the dog in him and is a great at saving penalties.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

How do you know he might not get a move to a bigger club? No one has called him the best keeper in the world on here.

Clubs be after him now.

He's blatantly getting a move to a team in Europe, plus he was a vital member of a world club winning squad.

I don't think dismissing his career is going to work anymore.

littleboysilva

World class performance from a player who will go down in football history regardless of what we think of him personally. Proper Weirdo though definitely tapped but what great keeper isn’t I guess.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

74rqff.jpg

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom