• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger pearls

outlaw_member

Established Member
Herbert Chapman said:
He's right in my book. Might as well go to Celtic or Rangers.

Yeah, because the PL has never been a two-horse race. Chelsea and United didn't divide the title between them over the last 6 years, and likewise ourselves and United before that. :wink:

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
I can't remember the exact words but Arsène said something like this back in 2005 when Chelsea were defending champions "4-5-1 is not the true way to play football because it is boring and you only have one striker. Fans don't come to a match to see that."

A year later, Arsène played 4-5-1 religiously.

DOUBLE-YOU

"we will win the title"

Wenger being prophetic during 2002 campaign

"we will win a trophy this season"

Wenger being pathetic during 2009/10 campaign

squallkid

Established Member
Biggus said:
Raider said:
"A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful."

But a pig wearing lipstick is still just a pig- Biggus.

GaelForce22 said:
Biggus is Barack Obama? :wink:

Now we know why he's been the biggest believer of the Time for change (of manager) mantra

Herbert Chapman

outlaw_member said:
Herbert Chapman said:
He's right in my book. Might as well go to Celtic or Rangers.

Yeah, because the PL has never been a two-horse race. Chelsea and United didn't divide the title between them over the last 6 years, and likewise ourselves and United before that. :wink:

He said that recently though ! :angel

yuvken

Established Member
DOUBLE-YOU said:
"we will win the title"

Wenger being prophetic during 2002 campaign

"we will win a trophy this season"

Wenger being pathetic during 2009/10 campaign
That should actually make us very happy: his 2002 prophecies (we'll go a whole season unbeaten) came a year too early. Now that would mean for the latter... :wink:

yuvken

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
yuvken said:
Would welcome yesterday's bottle, if anyone get's it.
:lol: No kidding. What the **** is up with that?

"I said Vodka! Get this weak **** outta here!"
:lol: Ant....I see how that came out. I just meant "get us a picture of yesterday's bottle job"! as in: see if you can get it. Get it? (Wenger's bottle job. just to be sure).
you are miles ahead of me. :lol:

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Did you get it/the commentary then, flobaba? 'Cause I'm still stumped by it. Thought I had it right from the get go actually. :lol:

yuvken

Established Member
flobaba said:
Lol. Yuvken, Please, Never ever try to explain your jokes again. Ever. :)
Errr. I wasn't explaining a joke - merely saying I was not joking in the first place :roll: it somehow came out funny, but I didn't even mean to be funny there.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Maybe it was me then - I was agreeing with you, yuvken, over the water bottles and wondering why Wenger's gone on a rampage against them. He was my invented quote.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Great thread, here are some of my favourites which I remember.

“If you do not believe you can do it then you have no chance at all”

“We lost two points today. Looking again at the positions at the back, we deserved to be punished.”

[In response to Sir Alex Ferguson's claim that he possessed the best team in the league despite Arsenal winning the title in 2002] "Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home."

[To journalists regarding Ferguson] "What I don't understand is that he does what he wants and you are all at his feet."

[On losing the lead of the league in November 2004] "It's like a child who is used to having ice cream whenever he wants. When it doesn't come when he asks he tends to get confused and nervous."

"We were considering him [Ruud van Nistelrooy] and Francis Jeffers and, in the end, we went for Jeffers."

Love this guy, will never forget him :lol:

TheEconomist

Established Member
what did he say last year i think it was?

something along the lines of, "we will win a trophy this year"

lets not forget "fourth place is like a trophy"

and my personal favourite, "Like a new signing"

Y va marquer

Established Member
From his post Man U match interview:

"I don't think we failed to deliver; we lost a game and that can happen here."

What did we deliver then? :|
I missed it whatever it was :)

jerome2158

Established Member
did wenger ever actually say that someone returning was like a new signing? I only remember arsenal.com having it in an article or two, but never him saying it.

Emma Lusa

Some of my favs:

"When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding."

"As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close."

"Gerard is an open-minded and passionate man. I am the opposite: stubborn and stupid. But sometimes stupid behaviour makes you win." OR NOT

"We do not buy superstars. We make them."

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal
Top Bottom