• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger & Pires: No new year signings

JazzG

Established Member
Dein, we need new players. I'll be disappointed if we don't bring anyone in.

Ideally, one forward, one midfielder and a defender. Midfielder ideally would be a partner for paddy but an attacking midfielder would help as well. Don't think we can get a work permit for yaya so sign him and loan him back to beveren.

Need a target man upfront I feel.

A

Anonymous

From what i have been reading, it seems Arsenal might keep kanu & Bergkamp for next year, thats why do not think anyone would arrive in January. This would be a major backward step by Wenger.

United agian are looking forward in having a 3.5mil offer for Viduka rejected by Leeds.

What are we doing?. **** all

Jinn

Established Member
Pires doesn't know anything. The board and Wenger make the decisions.

A January signing could give us the impetus we need to push us over the line and win the league.

A

Anonymous

We need a striker, i am certain of that.
If not it is going to be very hard for us to win this league.

Alexone234

HE also said we were signing players during last summer and that didn't happen so in short, we can reverse anything he says about signings and be sure that some new players will be coming in January

reggiepaul

If we bring back Pennant and tell Kolo and Clichy to act like defenders (at times) when playing as wing backs - we don't need anyone.

patrick42uk

Established Member
we didnt makke any major signings in the summer but we escaped relegation, despite what many were saying. At christmas, with the 'weakest squad' we are second a point away from the top. i feel confident we can have a decent title shot without any major signings in the second half of the season. Happy to see that pires has changed his stance from wanting to stay only if major signings were made to acepting our situatuion and acknowledging the talent of the youngsters we have.

reggiepaul

patrick42uk said:
we didnt makke any major signings in the summer but we escaped relegation, despite what many were saying.

If you stick to what "many were saying" you'd realise all our players are hell spawn demons who don't know the first thing about football.

When you ask them WHY we are top of the league it's because of thierry henry and patrik vieira and maybe sol and that lovable little character Kolo - because the rest of our players are ****e?

The blame game - lack of cerebral energy or idiots with a computer?

I wonder...

vin de guerre

patrick42uk said:
we didnt makke any major signings in the summer but we escaped relegation, despite what many were saying. At christmas, with the 'weakest squad' we are second a point away from the top. i feel confident we can have a decent title shot without any major signings in the second half of the season. Happy to see that pires has changed his stance from wanting to stay only if major signings were made to acepting our situatuion and acknowledging the talent of the youngsters we have.

Patrick I am sorry to disappoint you but we can still mathematically be relegated this season. :lol:

XxGoonaStuxX

JazzG said:
Ideally, one forward, one midfielder and a defender.
Hmmm, I doubt we will make 3 signings in January somehow :|
At the most we will make one signing, which I feel needs to be a striker.
I don't know how much Pires knows about the situation or whether he talks a lot with Wenger about this but It may be true.
The gradual emerging of young talent was said atthe startof the season byWenger. Sayin that we would get more youngsters involved.
I want a signing to be mad ein January but whether Wenger will sign someone is a completeley diferent story.
Last season we expected Wenger to draft some player in, in January but nothing happened.

A.Hussain

in the upcoming transfer window, we might see wiltord leave with a mutual contract termination, while we get a new striker. he could be a youngster 18-20 years, and may be relatively unkown. remember, with bergy a non-flier and kanu to be away for the african nations cup, wenger needs to find someone who can function as a stop gag, even if they are a loan deal....

KoLo28

we need new players so the regulars now have to prove they're good enough and fight for there position, on saturday they just looked like they didn't care.

Adam

Established Member
Volz, Pennant, Yaya Toure and Aliadiere must be involved if we are not going to sign anyone.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
Wow, that is either a great bluff or just stupid.

We DO need a new striker. We can all see that. the striker options are too limited. That is a big blow I feel. I like Aliadierre, but he needs a lot of games to get him to best imo.

Good grief.

Alexone234

I hope Yaya can play up front. I thought the Inter player Martins looked like a striker version of Kolo, so maybe Yaya can do this job.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom