• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's Final Game: Huddersfield v Arsenal - 13th of May @ 15:00

Can Arsène pick up any away points in 2018?

• Yes, we will finish 2018 with 3 away points.

• Yes, we will finish 2018 with 1 away point.

• No, we will finish 2018 with 0 away points.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
Huddersfield are safe now, it would be disgraceful conduct by them to not allow Wenger to win in his final game. Wenger is bigger than their city, let alone football club. They're only relevant because they're managed by Klopp's mate. Keep hearing about how they're a classy club - prove it and let Wenger in, and accept your own irrelevance. Biggest thing Huddersfield will ever be remembered for is being the opponents in Wenger's last game for Arsenal. Know your place and don't try to steal the headlines.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Hoping for a fitting end to another exciting league campaign. Backing the big man to break his duck myself. Huddersfield are safe so could see us maybe nicking a point here.

2017/2018 away form:

Played 18
Won 3
Drawn 4
Lost 11

Scored 19
Conceded 31

Stoke 1-0 Arsenal
Liverpool 4-0 Arsenal

Chelsea 0-0 Arsenal
Watford 2-1 Arsenal
Everton 2-5 Arsenal
Man City 3-1 Arsenal
Burnley 0-1 Arsenal
Southampton 1-1 Arsenal
West Ham 0-0 Arsenal
C. Palace 2-3 Arsenal
West Brom 1-1 Arsenal
Bournemouth 2-1 Arsenal
Swansea 3-1 Arsenal
Sp**s 1-0 Arsenal
Brighton 2-1 Arsenal
Newcastle 2-1 Arsenal
Man. U 2-1 Arsenal
Leicester 3-1 Arsenal

Huddersfield ? - ? Arsenal

Lovely stuff.

Assuming Swansea go down, that will mean we have dropped 8 pts out of 9 away to the 3 teams that have been relegated. Add Watford, Bournemouth, Brighton & Newcastle (another 12pts) to the mix and you see why we've had such an awful season. 20pts from those games would put us 2nd. Its not about beating the big clubs away, its about beating the clubs you should beat home and away. This doesn't even take into account the points we dropped at home to inferior sides. Get a new manager in, tighten things up at the back and it will make a huge difference.

Anyway, we're gonna win this 0-2 with Auba going into double figures!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Glad Huddersfield got those points against City and Chelsea. I've been hoping they would stay up (I've actually been fairly emotionally invested in their last two games). Hopefully they'll let off the gas a little and not play with such intensity and desire since their survival no longer depends on it. Would be nice to see Arséne go out with a victory.

Last night I couldn't get a stream for our game so sat and watched the last 10 mins of the Chelsea vs Huddersfield game, I so much wanted all 3 promoted teams to stay up. When they added 6 mins on for ET I felt like a Huddersfield fan :lol: but they hung on.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Do you remember the alleged reason why we were poor at home and good away, offered up by Wenger? Put it this way, it was horseshit then and it's been proven to be indisputable horseshit ever since.
Don’t think it was, atmosphere WAS toxic,

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Don’t think it was, atmosphere WAS toxic,
Come off it, it's been the same all season, and then people started not going at all, yet we've done well at home--albeit only against crap teams.

How would he explain the away form, given that away grounds was and is still an escape from the misery of the Emirates? The away grounds were all the same the last time I looked.

GDeep™

League is very weak
How would he explain the away form, given that away grounds was and is still an escape from the misery of the Emirates?
Think the players have stopped responding to Wenger. Crumble far too easily away from home.

say yes

forum master baiter
Do you remember the alleged reason why we were poor at home and good away, offered up by Wenger? Put it this way, it was horseshit then and it's been proven to be indisputable horseshit ever since.

Yeah that’s another awful excuse that we can cross off.

Recall that blaming the Emirates crowd was one of @Makingtrax ’s faves alongside:
- Our biggest problem is our injury record;
- Much easier to compete for the title when you don’t need to rotate for the Champions League.

None has aged particularly well. Silver linings and all that :lol:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

Recall that blaming the Emirates crowd was one of @Makingtrax ’s faves alongside:
- Much easier to compete for the title when you don’t need to rotate for the Champions League.

The CL one slipped my mind. That's a huge kick in the balls. No CL and we went backwards again... wow :lol:

Keplaz

Huddersfield are safe now, it would be disgraceful conduct by them to not allow Wenger to win in his final game. Wenger is bigger than their city, let alone football club. They're only relevant because they're managed by Klopp's mate. Keep hearing about how they're a classy club - prove it and let Wenger in, and accept your own irrelevance. Biggest thing Huddersfield will ever be remembered for is being the opponents in Wenger's last game for Arsenal. Know your place and don't try to steal the headlines.
Part time Leeds fan? Couldn't tell with all that Huddersfield hate...

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Huddersfield are really not going to roll over, not like we would be able to punish them anyway.

Thinking a draw, the ****ty losing away streak gets broken, but in an unconvincing manner. Would be a very typical ending to how we've done over the last years.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Last night I couldn't get a stream for our game so sat and watched the last 10 mins of the Chelsea vs Huddersfield game, I so much wanted all 3 promoted teams to stay up. When they added 6 mins on for ET I felt like a Huddersfield fan :lol: but they hung on.

Exactly how I felt. I watched the whole thing because the Arsenal game was one of only two this year that NBC didn't show on one of its networks and I don't care for watching streams (I'm old). I was hanging by a nail the whole time. I was so happy when they scored and went up. Then Alonso "scored" that goal that bounced off his head into the net, I was so afraid they wouldn't hang on. Considering how the Arsenal game went (and that it was relatively meaningless anyway aside from wanting Arsène to go out on a complete high note), I was glad I watched Huddersfield. Loved all the celebration shots after (including Patrick Stewart).

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Biggest thing Huddersfield will ever be remembered for is being the opponents in Wenger's last game for Arsenal.

I'm pretty confident that Huddersfield Town will be remembered more for having won three consecutive English first division titles, an FA Cup and for having been managed by Herbert Chapman and Bill Shankly than for being the opponent in Wenger's last game.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Don't recall blaming the Emirates crowd, except for saying they were quiet. Maybe during the couple of months of the planes and demonstrations they had some effect. Always thought more damage was done to the confidence of the team by the extensive and prolonged social media campaign.

As for injuries they probably had a significant impact on the extra few points Wenger needed to go from his averaging 76 points to getting over the 80 mark, which really would have challenged for the league in a couple of seasons. And when you have a squad ravaged by injuries, the extra CL games just made matters worse. That's the benefit of the richer teams, squad depth helps when the games come thick and fast.

So yeah, still all true, they never were excuses. :lol:

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Another loss.

Wenger's best team is not good enough.
Nothing to play for. I would be thrilled if Nketiah started and AMN in the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom