• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger's January 2018 Transfer Targets (Sven the money)

How do you rate the January window?

• 5/10 or less (fail)

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 6/10

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 7/10

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • 8/10

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • 9/10

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • 10/10

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Why would he get Wenger upset?
Don't you get an impression Wenger may no longer have the last word on who comes and who goes?

Mislintat may have the ear of the board now at least some of them are edging towards a post Wenger scenario

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Don't you get an impression Wenger may no longer have the last word on who comes and who goes?

Mislintat may have the ear of the board now at least some of them are edging towards a post Wenger scenario
No... Don't think I've ever had that feeling. Pretty sure Wenger still has the final say. And even then, this is doing more to strengthen us than anything... Why would it piss him off?

Aevi

Hale End FC
This transfer window is bonkers.

Alexis bids are coming in from the league's 3 richest clubs, we're heavily linked to a striker after finally just having bough one for 50 mil, we're getting linked with all sorts of talents with the name Mislintat being echoed in all of them, there are finally whispers of our deadwood leaving... this could all finally be good.

I can't wait for the only thing to happen to be a Man Utd reject in, Alexis out.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This transfer window is bonkers.

Alexis bids are coming in from the league's 3 richest clubs, we're heavily linked to a striker after finally just having bough one for 50 mil, we're getting linked with all sorts of talents with the name Mislintat being echoed in all of them, there are finally whispers of our deadwood leaving... this could all finally be good.

I can't wait for the only thing to happen to be a Man Utd reject in, Alexis out.
Looking what media are reporting we likely going to add 2 attackers this Window and coming from reliable papers it's likely Auba and Mkhi will be first and hopefully we'll get Malcom even if his club making it hard but hopefully Malcom push for a move.

Aevi

Hale End FC

Don't rate Mkhi, undecided on Auba and no clue about Malcom, but have to agree.. I feared a lot worse going into January, still could end up with nothing, but it's looking promising.
All three would be a fantastic window. Basically we will have done...

Alexis, Walcott, Chamberlain ---> Malcom, Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan.

Those are not just replacements, those are an overall upgrade. I'm still unsure we're getting all three, but the signs are good so far, fingers crossed...

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
All three would be a fantastic window. Basically we will have done...

Alexis, Walcott, Chamberlain ---> Malcom, Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan.

Those not just replacements, those are an overall upgrade. I'm still unsure we're getting all three, but the signs are good so far, fingers crossed...

If Malcom isn't one of them then I don't wanna hear it. I need me a stocky wee Brazilian skill-goblin.

Also, does this club understand anything about holding value in its assets? Malcom could grow to be worth 100m+. If two 29 year olds are all we get, Lord help us and our accountant.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Shame we can't give our U23 more opportunities. I've given up on the league. Let's invest wisely. Spend crazy money on these linked players screams desperation. Choose one...and get it right.
Need to shrink our expensive squad and become like Ajax. Too much talent within our academy not to fully explore.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Shame we can't give our U23 more opportunities. I've given up on the league. Let's invest wisely. Spend crazy money on these linked players screams desperation. Choose one...and get it right.
Need to shrink our expensive squad and become like Ajax. Too much talent within our academy not to fully explore.

We are. That's why we're bringing in Aubameyang and Mkhitaryan, i.e. two 28-year-olds. Gives time for players like Nketiah and Nelson to properly develop. They'll also be training with better players, which is an even bigger plus (this also helps other younger players like Iwobi).

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
We're at this tipping point now, mid January and linked with selling and buying a lot of players. All rumoured transfers are promising.

But I've seen this a lot of times where what we think is going to happen doesn't necessarily happen. The club could easily just get one of Mkhy, Auba or Malcolm . I'm pretty sure thats what Wenger would be happy to do so maybe there's more encouragement now..

We don't need Mkhy but if we sign Malcom and Auba and we get him too I'll be happy, maybe my fellow Armenian can do well here, but not as a first choice transfer no no no

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
I think mikhi pre Manu was player of the season at Dortmund. Mourinho ruined him.

Nuri Sahin was player of the Bundesliga, not just BVB, before he went to Liverpool by way of Madrid only to then get his loan ended and shipped back to Germany.

Kagawa was top class as BVB yet didn't cut it at United and was swiftly sold back to Klopp.

This could very well be the best you're going to get with Mikhi.

FreakySami

Nuri Sahin was player of the Bundesliga, not just BVB, before he went to Liverpool by way of Madrid only to then get his loan ended and shipped back to Germany.

Kagawa was top class as BVB yet didn't cut it at United and was swiftly sold back to Klopp.

This could very well be the best you're going to get with Mikhi.

I think that having managers like lvg Mourinho and Moise handicaps any sort of creativity you once had.

Ricky_AFC

I'd like to see Malcom, Auba, Evans and Ryan Sessegnon come in.
With Alexis, Theo, Debuchy leaving and Holding heading out on loan.

I expect to be disappointed and us to sell alexis on deadline day and get mkhitaryan, with United fans smugly offloading an unwanted player for our best player.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It’s really frustrating. We need to get deals sorted in next couple of days and no drag on for whole month

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It’s really frustrating. We need to get deals sorted in next couple of days and no drag on for whole month
At least we are forced to be quick because its Jan. If we were linked with all these players in summer I'd be less optimistic because we take ages and let other teams come in.

Something I'd like to see is to officially sign someone before Sanchez has left. So theres no funny business, and no funny business from another club we are trying to negotiate with, given we would have already bought our Alexis replacement at least

I so easily see us selling Sanchez then waiting for the end for the other two, then getting none or maybe one last minute. Lets hope that unprofessionalism we used to have is gone with this new guy doing things, because the way we handle ourselves in transfer windows at times is nothing short of ridiculous

Last edited:

Preacher

Always Crying
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom