• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

West Ham: Kings of Europe

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Can’t remember seeing a game last season where he looked like a £70-80m player. Was always just decent, even in the World Cup he never stood out that much.
Despite the outgoings from them, their golden boy Foden still isn’t making the starting 11 if they sign Paqueta!

Foden should tell Pep to **** off tbh - he's miles better than Paqueta imo. Foden pretty much walks into any other club's starting XI.

Mudi

This is what pisses me off - other big clubs seem to be able to shift their deadwood who are on big wages whilst we just terminate their contract or take a severely lower than market transfer fee.

It rarely happens and usually it is West Ham, Villa or Everton who buys those players. I remember that we sold Theo for £20m to Everton on those high wages.

Only English teams can afford these wages and only stupid British managers are willing to take British players with high wages. Can we please have ex-Arsenal British players managing some teams in the premier league....

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

After a year settling in I could for sure see Paqueta going up a level or two at City. Not KdB levels but got potential. The strength they have going through the spine of their team I just don’t see anyone else toppling them. The machine grinds on.
Nah he has limited level. He is nothing more than a good player. Never even stood out on France and his Brazil reputation got him a move to West Ham

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Didn’t realise Paqueta was almost 26!

Thought he was three or four years younger than that 😮

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Are we still doing this? Him having 5 years, 4 years or 3 years left makes **** all difference to the price. It's only once you get inside those final two years teams might start to sell for a lower fee through fear of losing the player on a free. If they want £80m for Paqueta this summer they're not going to accept less for him next summer, all things being equal (except the contract length, obviously).
Doing what? Argue about something that is not required?

It's very simple. Player having 4-5 years left like Cucurella did (4 years) will cost a lot because they can easily keep him for a year or two without the player having much leverage.

And want to keep him because the club performing well in EPL is worth so much.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Midfield next season: Soucek, McTominay and JWP.

Moyes cooking.

How is the one "foreign" player in that midfield, somehow the most Brexit in style 🤣

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Midfield next season: Soucek, McTominay and JWP.

Moyes cooking.
Moyes cooking up that sucuk, haggis and bangers & mash stew then going for another little dance

1A8GXjIx6BHd8emvNQsJ4S_EW-TWXs6g8IpuDXazAp4.png

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

The question is asked if Rice was a legend at West Ham and Cole diplomatically says in so many words that it's up for debate.

Whether he was a west ham legend is not for me to say, but I agree with the Soucek and Golden child thing 100%.

Riou

The fact that Rice being a West Ham legend or not is pretty much only down to him joining Arsenal, is still ridiculous...their fans would be on their hands and knees for him (and City the *****) if he went to the blue side of Manchester.

Though Dec saying he didn't know football before he got here was dumb, tbf.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

The fact that Rice being a West Ham legend or not is pretty much only down to him joining Arsenal, is still ridiculous...their fans would be on their hands and knees for him (and City the *****) if he went to the blue side of Manchester.

I actually forgot this :lol::lol:

Yeah the lukewarm reception from West Ham fans makes sense they really didn’t want him to join.

Riou

I actually forgot this :lol::lol:

Yeah the lukewarm reception from West Ham fans makes sense they really didn’t want him to join.

Heard West Ham fans hate Paul Ince so much because when he joined United they considered them direct rivals too, since Yanited hadn't won the league in a while.

As only teams that are consistently winning league championships are above the Hammers, apparently...

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom