• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

West Ham: Kings of Europe

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It's all down to the playing style. If I was in charge and had to run the club as a business I wouldn't sack, but as someone who watches the sport to be entertained I want us to go for someone else.

Exact same thing as the people who want Arteta out because they can't stand this suffocating controlling football despite the generally good results. It's not necessarily reasonable by objective standards but I can still see where they're coming from.

Results aren't everything in this sport to me, but I understand some people feel differently.
I understand most fanbase want entertainment football but you'll need to build a system for it westham got players for it Kudus Paq Bowen but unsure the rest of squad will be capable playing more high press possession based football long term

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I understand most fanbase want entertainment football but you'll need to build a system for it westham got players for it Kudus Paq Bowen but unsure the rest of squad will be capable playing more high press possession based football long term

Yeah that's the problem, Moyes always wants player tailored for his Brexit ball (Maguire, McTominay etc) but our new DoF rejected it and got us Kudus and Mavropanos instead, which look like much better deals, both for now and for the future.

That's always been my main worry with Moyes, him being in charge/having a lot of sway with transfers. Right now it seems like we've reached an acceptable middle ground with Moyes getting a few he wants (JWP) and the club otherwise signing players that are just quality for any manager.

Getting a DoF and giving him power to say no to Moyes has done a lot to calm most of my fears about Moyes long term. Would've been **** if we went for a new manager and the squad was 5 Antonios and 14 Souceks.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The league is lucky Moyes didn't get McTominay tbh, would probably be unbeaten

kGp8McmP3NKQKVXAKbf5An.jpg

outlawz

Turns out they're 8th, when the dissent had me thinking they were fighting relegation. I'm sure we've been here before, wondering if it was Redknapp, possibly someone else, who had them high up the table but it wasn't good enough. I think West Ham fans are genuinely the most entitled of all the PL fanbases. Which says a lot given how entitled Arsenal fans are in demanding success despite only winning 5 FA Cups in almost 20 years.

Reactions: A_G

Pop Tart

Established Member
good to smash these ****s, the whole west ham way and world cup 66 nonsense is grating for me plus they are racist wife beater trash. tried to start a rivalry with us bur failed stick to drinking alone in romford witherspoons

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Unreal if we pull this off, but I have my doubts. Absolutely the type of move I want us to make though, bring in a young ambitious coach instead of the dinosaur trying to break the record for ball air time every game.

What about your former legend Scott Parker? Prem proven unlike some fancy dan from the Algarve.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Unreal if we pull this off, but I have my doubts. Absolutely the type of move I want us to make though, bring in a young ambitious coach instead of the dinosaur trying to break the record for ball air time every game.
He plays to the team's strengths, yes he has a style, he likes a big tough boy in the middle, wingbacks, a very direct winger or secondary striker, and a big strong man in front. That's how he plays.

He took the best out of Bowen, and he is getting results, he took a gamble with Paqueta and it paid off. The Mexican dude looks well-adapted. I understand your football is not the most attractive thing in the world but he coped with Rice leaving without losing quality. I am shocked that conversations about him leaving are even taking place. I respect Moyes, he is a football man.

Can someone bring results and good football under your budget restrictions? is the risk of getting relegated something you guys are so desperate to take?

I am seriously curious about this one. Do you even have the financial pull to do something like Brighton?

Moyes means stability and some success, here and there boring football but consistency. Maybe I am not familiar enough with you guys history, but in the current environment, losing Moyes looks like such a gamble.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Can someone bring results and good football under your budget restrictions? is the risk of getting relegated something you guys are so desperate to take?

Moyes almost relegated us last season bro? The Conference League papered over a horrendous league campaign. We almost got relegated playing Moyes brand of garbage football.

As I said, we're the 8th biggest club in the UK. We are spending decent money on both transfers and wages and are making ambitious moves behind the scenes in terms of recruitment etc.

I'm so ****ing tired of us parking the bus against relegation teams because Moyes only plays one way. Watching us put 11 men behind the ball against teams like Sheffield Utd is genuinely painful to watch. Look at this statline from earlier in the season against Sheffield:

TOAXujA.png

Now imagine having to watch that every single week.

Said countless times that Moyes can get results but people keep misconstruing me saying I want us to play better football with "Moyes should be getting better results". I simply want to be entertained by the team I watch every week, I want to get excited about signings because we'll utilize them and not just bypass the midfield because we're booting in long again down the flanks.

As I said, I'd rather bounce between European spots and 13th in the league playing ambitious entertaining football that finish 7th/8th every season playing the way we do now.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom