• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What a Match to be at!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame24

Established Member
that was fantastic

i was sitting exactly opposite to where pires took the shot and scored! and bergkamp nearly hit me with one of his shots!

but imust say WHAT DID I TELL YA?

we WILL win the group let alone qualify :D

Henry is Hot with the arsenal crowd And the wenger chant at the end proves he is DA MAN!

so all in all great game to be at only my second EVER.

im now 2 for 2 undeafeted 3 goals scored none conceded and my fav player at that time scored (bergkamp) and my other fav this time BOBBY PIRES!!

oh yea i also saw rory mcgrath the fat comedian on they think its all over :D

lewdikris

Established Member
You lucky git...

It's actually impossible to go to Highbury WITHOUT seeing McGrath. Wherever you go, he's there.

thegame24

Established Member
LOL

i am lucky,my bro won the ticket and gave it to me.

xmas come early.

best bit was watching pires dead on take that shot, i know for sure i was in a camera shot but i didnt see any highlights :(

also did anyone see crazy henry run the whole lenght of the field chasing the attackers? big chant started there.

Vilas

I'm by no means a seasoned old hand at highbury (I'm american, whaddaya want?) - but it seemed AWFULLY loud there to me last night. Was it just me? Or - could it be - did people actually ride to the occasion?

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Vilas said:
I'm by no means a seasoned old hand at highbury (I'm american, whaddaya want?) - but it seemed AWFULLY loud there to me last night. Was it just me? Or - could it be - did people actually ride to the occasion?

Didn't notice it was particularly loud; maybe after 2-0; lots of amusing banter and songs by then.

Allyboy

Established Member
Its the fifth game I have been to this season and it was far and away the best atmosphere.

This could just be the acoustics are better in the West Upper than in the North bank upper mind....

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Allyboy said:
Its the fifth game I have been to this season and it was far and away the best atmosphere.

This could just be the acoustics are better in the West Upper than in the North bank upper mind....

Dunno; I though there was just tension in the air till half time.

I guess that's aptmosphere.

For me Chelsea was the dogs.

The last 20 odd minutes was class last night though.

:D

Spartan

i thought we werent singing enough....usually where i sit in the west lower we sing quite a bit but not everyone was joining in yesterday....

clock end made me laugh, takin the piss outta the north bank coz they werent singing!!! haha :lol:

'yooooouuuuur supposed to be at hooommmee' ;D

Adam

Established Member
Wasn't their an ironic chant of "North bank library"?

The atmosphere sounded great on the tele. Still, there are no way near enough people singing. This game was as big as they come too. Whenever i go, it's all about the North lower. Well done to the Clocky's.

Spartan

probably...clock end were constantly takin the piss...north banks turned into a mortuary :|

i thought the atmosphere would be sooooooo much better coz of the importance of this game...i was wrong :eek:ops:

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Spartan said:
probably...clock end were constantly takin the piss...north banks turned into a mortuary :|

i thought the atmosphere would be sooooooo much better coz of the importance of this game...i was wrong :eek:ops:

The aptmosphere was average cos the gooners wern't entirely confident of the result.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and all that.

A

Anonymous

Adam said:
Wasn't their an ironic chant of "North bank library"?

The atmosphere sounded great on the tele. Still, there are no way near enough people singing. This game was as big as they come too. Whenever i go, it's all about the North lower. Well done to the Clocky's.

Yeah lol.
90% of the time im in the North Bank but went in the Clock End for a change last night and the atmosphere was sooo much better. Due to the lack of away fans we resorted to taking the piss out of ourselves. North Bank library was sung as was north bank sing, your having a laugh and we only sing in the clock end. It was so funny, its about time the north bank got their act together.
But on the whole the atmosphere wasnt that good, considering the importance of the game. Hopefully the improvement will be carried on into the Blackburn game, although i doubt it.

thegame24

Established Member
i think they were singing we are the north bank highbury, and then the south replied we are the south bank highbury.

i didnt hear library though.

also north lower were i was had a lot of first timers and family peeps so thats y it was quiet but above us was bloody great.

jc8gooner

In defence of the North Upper, which is where I was, the atmosphere was actually really good. Lots of singing, nobody criticising the players unnecessarily, and generally a good time.

Allyboy

Established Member
There was definitely a brief "North bank library" chant from the clock end.

The best bit the North bank chanting "we are the north bank highbury" followed immediately by the clock end singing "we're the clock end highbury", then the two going backwards and forwards like this for 2-3 mins. The east stand chipped in too occasionally while the west stand was strangley silent.....

Vilas

Where I was on the upper east, you'd really have thought someone died. I think that's why I thought the rest were being so loud, it was in comparison to the silence around me! I actually got funny looks for singing. :evil:

Henry's Girl

Allyboy said:
There was definitely a brief "North bank library" chant from the clock end.

The best bit the North bank chanting "we are the north bank highbury" followed immediately by the clock end singing "we're the clock end highbury", then the two going backwards and forwards like this for 2-3 mins. The east stand chipped in too occasionally while the west stand was strangley silent.....
the chanting was fun north bank v clock end :lol:
I love it almost at the end of the game with the AW chant :)

Rupert

I was West Bank Lower on the half way line and it was SOOOOOO quiet, we would occasionally hear the upper chanting from behind us but the north bank and clock end were the only ones singing, the west stand is always so quiet :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom